PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2009, 03:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

Geniuz650 is keeping up the good workGeniuz650 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint HTC Hero Will Require An Everything Data Plan?

Will the HTC Hero coming to Sprint on October 11 require an Everything Plan in order to activate?

Last edited by Geniuz650; 09-18-2009 at 03:34 AM.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:35 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff
Re: Sprint HTC Hero Will Require Everything Plan?

It's a debate raging over at the SprintUsers Forum.... in short, Sprint hasn't said yay or nay yet
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 09-13-2009, 09:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro

AsItLies is just getting started

My guess... it's seems pretty certain an EP will be required.

I'm on a SERO plan, obviously not happy about it.

But the logic seems to go like this; any phone, in it's unmodified form, that is data intensive (always on, is net centric, constantly being updated (synced) with things like facebook, instant msgs, push email, etc etc etc), won't be allowed.

It's kinda like they are saying to those of us with these plans: We want you to have this great plan with unlimited data and texts... but we won't let you put a phone on it that uses a lot of data... you don't pay enough!

JMHO, but I think that's it in a nutshell.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:46 PM
Almost a VIP

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsItLies View Post
My guess... it's seems pretty certain an EP will be required.

I'm on a SERO plan, obviously not happy about it.

But the logic seems to go like this; any phone, in it's unmodified form, that is data intensive (always on, is net centric, constantly being updated (synced) with things like facebook, instant msgs, push email, etc etc etc), won't be allowed.

It's kinda like they are saying to those of us with these plans: We want you to have this great plan with unlimited data and texts... but we won't let you put a phone on it that uses a lot of data... you don't pay enough!

JMHO, but I think that's it in a nutshell.
The only thing Sprint has said officially is that an unlimited data plan will be required. Everyone else is speculating off the MIR forms.

My personal thought is that Sprint will likely not subsidize Legacy plan owners, and subsidize only the EP/SEP owners. This allows those of us Legacy folks to get the phone, just without Sprint subsidizing it. Let's be honest here, the reason Sprint offers discounts is to get users to buy the phones, because they know that they will make their money back, and then some, over the 2 year contract period. With SERO users, sprint is not likely to make all of that back (my personal speculation). So under my speculation, SERO/Legacy users pay full price, EP/SEP users get mail in rebates and subsidies.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro

AsItLies is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
The only thing Sprint has said officially is that an unlimited data plan will be required. Everyone else is speculating off the MIR forms.

My personal thought is that Sprint will likely not subsidize Legacy plan owners, and subsidize only the EP/SEP owners. This allows those of us Legacy folks to get the phone, just without Sprint subsidizing it. Let's be honest here, the reason Sprint offers discounts is to get users to buy the phones, because they know that they will make their money back, and then some, over the 2 year contract period. With SERO users, sprint is not likely to make all of that back (my personal speculation). So under my speculation, SERO/Legacy users pay full price, EP/SEP users get mail in rebates and subsidies.
I hope you're right. I mean it really is kind of a raw deal to have a plan with unlimited data, but say "you can't use this phone cause it uses too much data..." Huh???
Old 09-13-2009, 04:34 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geniuz650 View Post
Will the HTC Hero coming to Sprint on October 11 require an Everything Plan in order to activate?

umm from what ive heard from 3 different sprint stores they have no idea when the hero will arrive yet. they say it may be around x-mas or so.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:49 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
umm from what ive heard from 3 different sprint stores they have no idea when the hero will arrive yet. they say it may be around x-mas or so.
Sprint has already put out the press releases marking 11 Oct as the release date.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:39 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
Sprint has already put out the press releases marking 11 Oct as the release date.

they need to fill in there workers then, lol!
Old 09-13-2009, 08:08 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
they need to fill in there workers then, lol!
Sometimes you can't fix stupid.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Threadstarter

Geniuz650 is keeping up the good workGeniuz650 is keeping up the good work

Yeah, I hope they don't make it the same requirements as the Palm Pre. I already pre-ordered it and don't want to change plans. I'm willing to pay for a data plan addon but not changing my plan.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion