PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2009, 12:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

kidmet is keeping up the good workkidmet is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to kidmet Send a message via Yahoo to kidmet
No more free Sprint repairs?

I was at my local repair shop which used to do all repairs/exchanges for free. Looks like now repairs are going to run $100. Not sure about manufact defects... Anyone else have this experience?
Old 06-24-2009, 12:11 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: No more free Sprint repairs?

if the phone is less than a year old, and its a manufacturer defect it will be covered free. If the phone is over one year and you dont have TEP or ESRP any repair will cost $99 to have the repair done and thats based on the repair. If its antenna issue or something small i only charge 35.00 or 50.00. Any major repairs or Advanced Exchange devices its $99

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 06-24-2009, 12:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

xconwayx is keeping up the good workxconwayx is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to xconwayx Send a message via MSN to xconwayx

What kind of repairs are we talking here? I would think that the $100 might be the insurance deductible? I hope this is not true. Maybe a fluke?
Old 06-24-2009, 12:17 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

If you have the full insurance which is $7 a month, Sprint will fix anything that's wrong with your phone for free except if it has water damage, or if it's lost or stolen. I have had sprint for 5 years and has had god knows how many replacements. I'm actually going to get another one today because my screen has a weird square with funny colors on it. You only have to pay $100 if you get a replacement through assurion.
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division

Last edited by Young_breedent; 06-24-2009 at 12:29 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:26 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

I had sprint since they was dropping pins and haven't flied a claim yet and only got my mogul replaced ONCE cause it was freaking out right before I got my tp. Now I have a new mogul for a paper weight

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 06-24-2009, 12:38 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

i've never had to file a claim thru assurion or pay a deductible. and I've been with sprint since they were spectrum (lol @ dropping pins)

I usually wait for at least 3 things to be wrong with my device to the point where it's not reasonable to use. this usually takes a year for my device to get to this point. then they just replace with the newer upgrade device for free. It's their policy... i didnt make it up... and i dont abuse like every other month so it's a win win.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 06-24-2009, 12:45 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Talking Re: No more free Sprint repairs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
i've never had to file a claim thru assurion or pay a deductible. and I've been with sprint since they were spectrum (lol @ dropping pins)

I usually wait for at least 3 things to be wrong with my device to the point where it's not reasonable to use. this usually takes a year for my device to get to this point. then they just replace with the newer upgrade device for free. It's their policy... i didnt make it up... and i dont abuse like every other month so it's a win win.
I know what ya mean I been with them since a young lad 1st phone was the qualcomm phone that looked like a remote can in all black or silver front and black back. I'm really careful with my phone and what I put on it so they treat me well just wish sprint and the insur company would reward ppl who don't file many claims or no claims. One can dream can't he?
Old 06-25-2009, 09:02 AM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

I took a Centro in for a repair on Monday that they ended having to order a replacement unit. Went to the Sprint store yesterday and had the device replaced and was not charged anything. I do have TEP on that line.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
If you have the full insurance which is $7 a month, Sprint will fix anything that's wrong with your phone for free except if it has water damage, or if it's lost or stolen. I have had sprint for 5 years and has had god knows how many replacements. I'm actually going to get another one today because my screen has a weird square with funny colors on it. You only have to pay $100 if you get a replacement through assurion.
I used to do this too, but I went the other day and it was $100. NOT through Assurion.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
Maybe it's a regional thing, but I have full insurance, and no free fix for me.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion