PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Carrier Discussion (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   T-mobile to deploy LTE,refarm HSPA(+) to main PCS band and attacks Verizon (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=149281)

eric12341 02-24-2012 07:43 AM

T-mobile to deploy LTE,refarm HSPA(+) to main PCS band and attacks Verizon

Good news the past couple days for T-mobile. They have filed a complaint with the FCC to block off Verizon's recent purchase of cable company spectrum which could be an anti competitive move. In addition to this they have also announced that they will revamp their company by refarming their existing HSPA(+) network onto the PCS band by disabling EDGE/GPRS this means that T-mobile customers will now be able to buy AT$T or unlocked phones with full capability. Finally they have also announced that they will have LTE deployed and 10 devices released in 2013. Good times to be a Tmo subscriber.

T-Mobile Moves To Block Verizon Acquisition Of Cable Company Spectrum

Update: T-Mobile CEO Philip Humm And CTO Neville Ray Outline Company Plans, 10 LTE Devices In 2013

austin420 02-28-2012 01:23 AM

Re: T-mobile to deploy LTE,refarm HSPA(+) to main PCS band and attacks Verizon

is tmobile evil?
did they start the merger with att just to get the 4 billion dollar windfall knowing the merger wasnt going to go through?

are they really trying to block a merger or buy out after they just tried to clomplete a merger with a company equally as large as verizon?

since they are a german conglomerate do they think they need to summon the ghost or spirit of adolph hitler?

ill let you decide...

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7013/6...aaab7ef2dc.jpg

http://images.memegenerator.net/inst...x/10591576.jpg

eric12341 02-28-2012 08:02 AM

They aren't trying to block a merger they're trying to block a spectrum purchase.

austin420 02-28-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2170858)
They aren't trying to block a merger they're trying to block a spectrum purchase.

is that really all you have to say?

austin420 02-28-2012 09:53 AM

i really enjoy going to the tmo forum and calling it big pink. they hate that. all like "no, no, n o, its magenta you dick."

eric12341 02-28-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 2170872)
is that really all you have to say?

That's all you asked or didn't ask. VZ and AT$T are trying to gobble up all the spectrum tuo prevent Tmo from expanding and improving and they're fighting to block this.
Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 2170873)
i really enjoy going to the tmo forum and calling it big pink. they hate that. all like "no, no, n o, its magenta you dick."

yea you're really letting your Tmo hate shine here.

austin420 02-28-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2170889)
VZ and AT$T are trying to gobble up all the spectrum tuo prevent Tmo from expanding and improving and they're fighting to block this.

If you honestly believe this, then I counter that I think tmo is just trying to gobble up all the spectrum to prevent verizon from improving.
Harumph.

Sent from my SPH-D700 on the PPCGeeks App

eric12341 02-28-2012 10:50 PM

VZ already has all the spectrum they need. We'll see what the FCC says.

austin420 04-05-2012 09:43 PM

if you google search "garbage scow", this thread is the 5th result. no joke.

Karl 04-24-2012 01:31 PM

Be polite

fixxxer2012 04-24-2012 01:39 PM

if i wasn't with verizon i would consider t-mobile although i think their network is inferior.

eric12341 04-24-2012 07:52 PM

Not inferior in the least. PCWorld recently gave T-mobile the crown for fastest 3G. On the 4G side it won 3rd place but wasn't much behind AT&T & VZ LTE networks. Both were far superior to sprint 3G and 4G. Looks like T-mobile is set to have LTE here in Chicago before sprint, I know USCC already seems to.

fixxxer2012 04-24-2012 07:54 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; ADR6425LVW Build/GRJ22) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

We know your the tmobile spokesperson eric.

austin420 04-24-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2176364)
Not inferior in the least. PCWorld recently gave T-mobile the crown for fastest 3G. On the 4G side it won 3rd place but wasn't much behind AT&T & VZ LTE networks. Both were far superior to sprint 3G and 4G. Looks like T-mobile is set to have LTE here in Chicago before sprint, I know USCC already seems to.

i saw that article. one of the worst reads i have ever had the displeasure of reading. pcmag is starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel.

tmobile seems to want to have it both ways. they call their hspa+ 4g, but then throw it in to comparisons against other carriers 3g.

from the article... "T-Mobile's HSPA+ 21 service won in the 3G bracket of our study, and the company's high-end HSPA+ 42 service competed reasonably well with other providers' 4G service."

some one quote this so "big pink" aka eric sees it.

gullzway 04-25-2012 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2176364)
Not inferior in the least. PCWorld recently gave T-mobile the crown for fastest 3G. On the 4G side it won 3rd place but wasn't much behind AT&T & VZ LTE networks. Both were far superior to sprint 3G and 4G.

That's great when the tests are done for areas that actually get more than 2g T-Mobile coverage! Unfortunately myself and friends just 5 miles or less outside Tulsa ,OK only get 2g on T-Mobile.

eric12341 04-25-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gullzway (Post 2176394)
That's great when the tests are done for areas that actually get more than 2g T-Mobile coverage! Unfortunately myself and friends just 5 miles or less outside Tulsa ,OK only get 2g on T-Mobile.

I just looked at the map and saw coverage all the way down to Broken arrow and catoosa.

austin420 05-10-2012 11:57 PM

whatever they are doing, they better hurry up. people are dropping tmobile like its the plague.

CORRECT: T-Mobile USA Customer Losses Continue To Mount - WSJ.com

eric12341 05-11-2012 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 2178239)
whatever they are doing, they better hurry up. people are dropping tmobile like its the plague.

CORRECT: T-Mobile USA Customer Losses Continue To Mount - WSJ.com

Just like how sprint is losing money.

fixxxer2012 05-11-2012 12:51 AM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-us; Galaxy Nexus Build/ICL53F) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Tmobiles network is much better than the mess sprint has. That much ill give you.

austin420 05-11-2012 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2178242)
Just like how sprint is losing money.

Guy, sprint posted a 1.1 million customer gain this quarter.
710,000 the quarter before. The only reason they are in the hole is because of the multi billion dollar payment to apple, (which is actually going to pay off in the long run) and huge network upgrades.

Tmobile just got a 4 billion dollar payout from att. What is their excuse? You would think managing a network with a footprint the size of a halfdollar would be a little easier than the nighmare of mixed frequency and techs(wimax, cdma, iden, 1x advanced, lte) that sprint is dealing with.

Sprint has my understanding. Plus, I would rather support an american (and my home town) company rather than a german conglomerate.

Karl 05-11-2012 03:57 AM

will they got one customer, me im gonna give them a try

fixxxer2012 05-11-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 2178250)
710,000 the quarter before. The only reason they are in the hole is because of the multi billion dollar payment to apple, (which is actually going to pay off in the long run) and huge network upgrades.

Tmobile just got a 4 billion dollar payout from att. What is their excuse? You would think managing a network with a footprint the size of a halfdollar would be a little easier than the nighmare of mixed frequency and techs(wimax, cdma, iden, 1x advanced, lte) that sprint is dealing with.

Sprint has my understanding. Plus, I would rather support an american (and my home town) company rather than a german conglomerate.

true but for alot of people sprints network is still unusable.

eric12341 05-11-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 2178250)

@austin420
T-mobile was suffering because of the sell to AT&T, as a result of that customers got scared and network upgrades were put on hold,now that's gone customers have stopped leaving and they have gained customers in the last quarter. They have also announced major network upgrades that will not only increase coverage and rollout LTE but it will also allow one to use any phone they please. I bet T-mobile will have LTE rolled out to a large portion of their customers before sprint does. And what's their excuse for their network being the way it is? Especially since AT&T had and still is having that issue in some areas, you'd think they'd learn from that, obviously not.

If you have nothing else to say but irrational hate for T-mobile and allegiance for sprint then you shouldn't be posting in this thread.

austin420 05-11-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2178382)
If you have nothing else to say but irrational hate for T-mobile and allegiance for sprint then you shouldn't be posting in this thread.

if you call this irrational hate, you should join the real world. id say im being rather tame. this is called a discussion. if you cant hang, id say you just have irrational hate for me. get over it.

eric12341 05-11-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 2178398)
if you call this irrational hate, you should join the real world. id say im being rather tame. this is called a discussion. if you cant hang, id say you just have irrational hate for me. get over it.

Love how you just pick that to reply to, I defeated you in the last discussion and will in this one too. I don't hate anyone.

Riley 05-11-2012 10:35 PM

Here's the deal imho. It is true t-mobile lost alot of customers last quarter and it is completely plausible to assume this had alot to do with the merger talks. It's correct that t-mobile is owned by the German giant D telecom, but they also maintain and thriving corporate and IT operation in Seattle. In fact, my employer is one of the largest suppliers of technical consultants to T-mobile and they are one of our largest customers. They employ thousands of employees and hundreds of IT professionals that we hire in Seattle, Atlanta, etc. We were literally crapping our pants when it looked like they were going away...lol. Anyway, the fact of the matter is both companies have their issues with coverage and network strength depending on your specific location as you guys have pointed out. Sprint has a much larger footprint but at the cost of slower overall speeds. T-mobile appears to be damn fast around the cities but pretty crappy in the sticks which was my experience as well. The fact of the matter is we should be rooting for both of them to succeed and grow. Having 4 viable national carriers will put the heat on all of them to remain competitive, lower prices and make improvements which they all need. In essence then we all win :thumbright:.

eric12341 05-11-2012 10:58 PM

Uh oh more bad news for sprint.
RootMetrics: T-Mobile’s HSPA+ 42 Network A Great Choice | | TmoNewsTmoNews

how the hell can you fall below the lowest threshold in over half of your markets?

austin420 05-11-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2178402)
Love how you just pick that to reply to, I defeated you in the last discussion and will in this one too. I don't hate anyone.

Incorrect sir. Delusions.

eric12341 05-11-2012 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 2178412)
Incorrect sir. Delusions.

and you just filter out the facts I present, talk about delusional.

fixxxer2012 05-11-2012 11:56 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-us; Galaxy Nexus Build/ICL53F) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Im pretty content with verizon and my lte speeds.

austin420 05-12-2012 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2178413)
and you just filter out the facts I present, talk about delusional.

your facts are mostly made up. a few posts back you cited some article that tmo gained customers in q1 2012. this is not true. they just lost less than they thought they would.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2178382)
customers have stopped leaving and they have gained customers in the last quarter.

im assuming you got this info from tmo news here
but they completely misstate the truth.

this is the truth below...

T-Mobile reports customer growth for Q1 2012, tries not to think about Q4 2011 -- Engadget
Quote:

T-Mobile's branded net customer loss of 510,000 marks a 28-percent improvement over its 706,000 Q4 loss, and is bolstered by a 13 percent increase in prepaid customers, totaling 249,000.
more of the same...

T-Mobile Q1 earnings: 510,000 contract customers flee, 187,000 net adds

T-Mobile Customer Losses Deepen
honestly eric, you just make things up and they say you win. its like sticking your fingers in your ear and saying "lalalala"
you also cant take everything they say on tmonews as fact.

eric12341 05-12-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 2178419)
your facts are mostly made up. a few posts back you cited some article that tmo gained customers in q1 2012. this is not true. they just lost less than they thought they would.

im assuming you got this info from tmo news here
but they completely misstate the truth.

this is the truth below...

T-Mobile reports customer growth for Q1 2012, tries not to think about Q4 2011 -- Engadget

more of the same...

T-Mobile Q1 earnings: 510,000 contract customers flee, 187,000 net adds

T-Mobile Customer Losses Deepen
honestly eric, you just make things up and they say you win. its like sticking your fingers in your ear and saying "lalalala"
you also cant take everything they say on tmonews as fact.

I don't make anything up, just because it's from tmonews doesn't mean it's false, still not as bad as the situation sprint is in, gonna say I made this up too?
More Financial Loss for Sprint - Sprint News & Phone Reviews from SprintUsers
But you probably won't believe it because the person who wrote the article is named Juan.

austin420 05-12-2012 07:29 PM

The reason for sprints financial loss is the large payout to apple and giving back the contract money to lightsquared. You must notve read what you cited, just the headline.
It says sprint added a net gain of 1.1 million customers. That's 1.1 million more added than left. Hence the use of the word "net". you keep saying tmobile added customers in q1, but what your failing to realize is that even though they added 275000 customers, 550000 walked away. Making the "net" loss about 300000 customers.
As well as the lost profits and the fact that deutch telecom is dying to spin them off, id say tmo is worse off. Hell they are even refarming their network so att iphones will work on it because they even know apple refuses to work with them.

Keep sticking your fingers in your ears and saying lalalalala eric. I guess you think you won this too.

eric12341 05-13-2012 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 2178482)
The reason for sprints financial loss is the large payout to apple and giving back the contract money to lightsquared. You must notve read what you cited, just the headline.
It says sprint added a net gain of 1.1 million customers. That's 1.1 million more added than left. Hence the use of the word "net". you keep saying tmobile added customers in q1, but what your failing to realize is that even though they added 275000 customers, 550000 walked away. Making the "net" loss about 300000 customers.
As well as the lost profits and the fact that deutch telecom is dying to spin them off, id say tmo is worse off. Hell they are even refarming their network so att iphones will work on it because they even know apple refuses to work with them.

Keep sticking your fingers in your ears and saying lalalalala eric. I guess you think you won this too.

They're refarming because they don't want to have to pay expensive fees to apple like sprint did,not because they're desperate for it. This is also actually cheaper than paying to get it subsidized. When the refarm is complete one will be able to use any phone he/she desires. I don't see sprint offering a similar benefit. Also I'm going to kindly ask you to get out of my thread that you've crapped since the beginning with your hatred. This was supposed to be a news thread (since for some reason I can't post articles on the front page) not a my carrier is better than yours thread.

Karl 05-13-2012 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2178560)
They're refarming because they don't want to have to pay expensive fees to apple like sprint did,not because they're desperate for it. This is also actually cheaper than paying to get it subsidized. When the refarm is complete one will be able to use any phone he/she desires. I don't see sprint offering a similar benefit. Also I'm going to kindly ask you to get out of my thread that you've crapped since the beginning with your hatred. This was supposed to be a news thread (since for some reason I can't post articles on the front page) not a my carrier is better than yours thread.

ok Eric after i try tmo if they aren't as good as you say you have to buy the phones from me

austin420 05-13-2012 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2178560)
Also I'm going to kindly ask you to get out of my thread that you've crapped since the beginning with your hatred. This was supposed to be a news thread

all i did was post news. it just wasnt good news. dont be a hater. i can post anywhere i want. do you want to know why? cuz imdabes deal with it swagswagswagswagswag

eric12341 05-13-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 2178579)
all i did was post news. it just wasnt good news. dont be a hater. i can post anywhere i want. do you want to know why? cuz imdabes deal with it swagswagswagswagswag

Those articles you posted say nothing different from the tmonews article. They're losing customers because of the AT&T buyout and because apple doesn't want to make an AWS iPhone,once the refarming is noticeable over a large amount of POPS then the customers will come back. Hell even one of my friends is regretting going to AT&T after I told him this and after we compared speeds. Sprint has been losing money since before the iPhone, deploying Wi-Max was also a big mistake they did trying to become the first 4G carrier because they ran out of money while deploying it. Its the most broken and spotty implementation out there,especially in my area.

orangekid 05-14-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2178604)
Those articles you posted say nothing different from the tmonews article. They're losing customers because of the AT&T buyout and because apple doesn't want to make an AWS iPhone,once the refarming is noticeable over a large amount of POPS then the customers will come back. Hell even one of my friends is regretting going to AT&T after I told him this and after we compared speeds. Sprint has been losing money since before the iPhone, deploying Wi-Max was also a big mistake they did trying to become the first 4G carrier because they ran out of money while deploying it. Its the most broken and spotty implementation out there,especially in my area.

Well Sprint is going LTE as is T-Mobile, so IMO what this all comes down to now is price, and out of the "big 4" I have to say tmobile has the best pricing.

Maybe I'm just spoiled living in a city where all 4 major carriers get 4G coverage pretty much everywhere, I get 6 mb down on my Galaxy Note on T-Mobile and I'm happy with that speed.

eric12341 05-14-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 2178689)
Well Sprint is going LTE as is T-Mobile, so IMO what this all comes down to now is price, and out of the "big 4" I have to say tmobile has the best pricing.

Maybe I'm just spoiled living in a city where all 4 major carriers get 4G coverage pretty much everywhere, I get 6 mb down on my Galaxy Note on T-Mobile and I'm happy with that speed.

@orangekid
Whoa ,what happened to your admin position? And I thought you were going to stay with AT&T.

orangekid 05-14-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2178702)
@orangekid
Whoa ,what happened to your admin position? And I thought you were going to stay with AT&T.

I resigned because I'm not really active anymore and feel like until I can actually devote time to be staff here I'm better off as a member of the community. Wideawake was understanding and we're totally cool, no bad feelings for any current staff member, I just don't like to be part of running anything when I can't actually devote the time needed and feel like dead weight.

I'll always be a proud member of the PPCG community though :)

With all this talk of coverage and such, I actually couldn't get much ATT service at work so stuck with tmobile. 6MB down on my hacked Note (till the T-Mobile note comes out in a few weeks) is fine. I'll miss the 50 MB down i was getting on LTE, but I need to use my phone at work!

Speaking of which I just flashed another hacked radio on my Note and now I'm not getting any bars and it says I don't have a SIM installed... time to restore nandroid...

edit: looks like I fixed it, that wasn't good, lol.