PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2012, 10:47 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: AT&T starts throttling

I am wondering the same question... eric, how are your speeds after the 2GB?

Old 02-16-2012, 11:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
I am wondering the same question... eric, how are your speeds after the 2GB?
he said he was getting 96-324 speeds at throttle

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 02-16-2012, 11:49 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

@Tinkerbell I have the 10GB plan with T-mobile and I get between 96 and have gotten as high as 324. Pretty much all over the 2G realm. AT$T throttles their Um,limited plans alot lower.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:07 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Actually they offer 200mb, 2GB, 5GB, and 10GB plans.
The 10gb plan is $105/month total. Throttled to 2g speed after you hit the limit.
http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/Package...ePackages.aspx

Sent from my SPH-D710 using PPCGeeks
Old 02-17-2012, 11:14 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
Actually they offer 200mb, 2GB, 5GB, and 10GB plans.
The 10gb plan is $105/month total. Throttled to 2g speed after you hit the limit.
Unsupported Browser

Sent from my SPH-D710 using PPCGeeks
as i said. that is with hotspot services. eric claims to have a cheaper plan than sprint. so kick the 104(prepaid) out the door.

Last edited by austin420; 02-17-2012 at 11:16 AM.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:24 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
as i said. that is with hotspot services. eric claims to have a cheaper plan than sprint. so kick the 104(prepaid) out the door.
It includes hotspot service, yes, but it is a cellphone plan.
He claimed a cheaper plan than Sprint when he was on the $30/month 300 minute prepaid plan, I believe he switched to the plan I mentioned. Hence, I haven't seen him bragging about it being cheaper than Sprint anymore!
Old 02-17-2012, 11:51 AM

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Not according to this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
@Tinkerbell may I suggest T-mobile instead? The speedtest I have in my SIG is just an example of the 3G speeds that you'll see , that's better than sprint 4G and better than sprint 3G speeds will ever be. Plus T-mobile also has better signal quality (different than strength) than sprint does. For example with sprint my Rx Power would always hover between -91dbm and -104dbm with 2-4 bars of strength. On T-mobile my Rx Power is -83 to -90dbm on 0 to 3 bars of 3G in my house all this and I'm paying $85 a month (after student rate discount) for 10GB of 4G data and unlimited 3G data (according to the rep who sold me the plan),500 minutes, unlimited night and weekend minutes and unlimited texts.
Studentrate gives 10 percent off.
The plan you mentioned was 104 prepaid.
Its 119 with contract and subsidized phone.
We will go on the assumtion that he is on the prepaid plan although, since he has bregged about his free hd7, we know he is accually on a subsidised plan.
104.99 minus 10 percent is 90 dollars.
That does not include taxes and fees. I have 5 lines on my plan, and I know I pay appx 60 dollars worth of fee and taxes. Let's take 1/5 of that. 12 dollars.
90 for the plan+ 12 dollars worth or taxes and fees comes to 102 dollars. And that's on tmo prepaid.
The same plan on contract would be more like 125 with a student rate discount.
Eric claims he is paying 85 dollars a month. Based on that, id say he is most assuredly not on the 10 gig plan.

Sent from my SPH-D700 on the PPCGeeks App
Old 02-17-2012, 01:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

not sure how you gets are getting that base number :S

Unlimited - Ultra with Smartphone Mobile HotSpot Service
$94.99 /mo.
up to 10 gb of high speed data

Yes it only has 500 minutes, but with voip you can use the data plan to supplement minutes if you run out :S I do that on sprint's sero as well with my tp2

But I still like the $30/monthly tmobile though, it's comparable with sprint's sero without the hassle of limited phone selection
Old 02-17-2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
not sure how you gets are getting that base number :S

Unlimited - Ultra with Smartphone Mobile HotSpot Service
$94.99 /mo.
up to 10 gb of high speed data

Yes it only has 500 minutes, but with voip you can use the data plan to supplement minutes if you run out :S I do that on sprint's sero as well with my tp2

But I still like the $30/monthly tmobile though, it's comparable with sprint's sero without the hassle of limited phone selection
i was using the most minute plan to compare apples to apples with sprint unlimited mobile to mobile 1500.
i do see now that there are lesser minute plans.
i guess i was blinded by my dislike for erics redundant espousing of love for tmobile.

with only 500 minutes, my wife and her sister would be in to overages in about 3 days of talking. just our mobile to mobile on their 2 lines is 4500 minutes.

Last edited by austin420; 02-17-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:39 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1
Carrier: Sprint

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Eric is allowed to blindly love t-mobile. Just gaze over his posts and move forward.

Let's stick to the topic on AT&T throttling their unlimited plan.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion