PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Carrier Discussion (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   VIDEO: i LOVE verizon! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=148934)

eric12341 02-01-2012 11:59 PM

Re: i LOVE verizon!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 2166836)
Well thing is customer service varies from person to person. You can definitely luck out, but what sucks is when you happen to get that 1 bad CS who does somethign wrong and now you can't get your plan back lol

But to confirm..so changing minutes still lets you keep unlimited data?

@gTen I switched to a postpaid plan entirely so I'm not on the monthly4G plan anymore,I only used that plan at first to save money and to see what would happen with the merger. But yea in short the rep who sold me the 10Gb plan told me that the throttled speeds won't be EDGE like the 5GB and 2GB plans but just 3G and since my phone (HD7) is a 3G only phone I may notice little or no reduction in speed. This plan also includes tethering, what other carrier bundles hack free tethering with their plans?

fixxxer2012 02-02-2012 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 2166836)
Well thing is customer service varies from person to person. You can definitely luck out, but what sucks is when you happen to get that 1 bad CS who does somethign wrong and now you can't get your plan back lol

But to confirm..so changing minutes still lets you keep unlimited data?

yup you can change your plan and keep unlimited. you just cannot switch to a dumbphone. i can confirm my plan changed while i kept the unlimited data.

fixxxer2012 02-02-2012 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl (Post 2166834)
let the flaming commence

naw, what works for me won't work for everyone. i was just happy last night. as i said "so far" im very satisfied with them.

gTen 02-02-2012 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2166839)
@gTen I switched to a postpaid plan entirely so I'm not on the monthly4G plan anymore,I only used that plan at first to save money and to see what would happen with the merger. But yea in short the rep who sold me the 10Gb plan told me that the throttled speeds won't be EDGE like the 5GB and 2GB plans but just 3G and since my phone (HD7) is a 3G only phone I may notice little or no reduction in speed. This plan also includes tethering, what other carrier bundles hack free tethering with their plans?

I was referring more to fixxer as they discontinued the unlimited data on verizon. and I often hear stories on how on CS saying 1 thing and reality being another. (This is true for all carriers though)

As far as plans, yeah if you don't have 4G on your phone there is very little reason to keep it and more data always helps. Out of the major carriers I dont think many bundle hack free tethering. Then again for tethering methods like pdanet you dont really need to root...but out of all the official tethering offerings yeah T-mobile is only one. Its actually sad that verizon and att charge for tethering when they also charge for limited amount of bandwidth. Its kind of like making you buy something twice :/

gTen 02-02-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 (Post 2166843)
yup you can change your plan and keep unlimited. you just cannot switch to a dumbphone. i can confirm my plan changed while i kept the unlimited data.

wait..so you can do anything and still keep it..even get a new smartphone with discount?

fixxxer2012 02-02-2012 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 2166848)
wait..so you can do anything and still keep it..even get a new smartphone with discount?

thats what i was told last night and also the other day at the verizon store. my plan changed last night and the unlimited is still there.

gullzway 02-02-2012 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2166827)
@Tinkerbell may I suggest T-mobile instead? The speedtest I have in my SIG is just an example of the 3G speeds that you'll see , that's better than sprint 4G and better than sprint 3G speeds will ever be. Plus T-mobile also has better signal quality (different than strength) than sprint does. For example with sprint my Rx Power would always hover between -91dbm and -104dbm with 2-4 bars of strength. On T-mobile my Rx Power is -83 to -90dbm on 0 to 3 bars of 3G in my house all this and I'm paying $85 a month (after student rate discount) for 10GB of 4G data and unlimited 3G data (according to the rep who sold me the plan),500 minutes, unlimited night and weekend minutes and unlimited texts.

Lol, remember the Tmobile 3g map posted a while ago. Its a joke! They even removed it from their website, now it just shows "coverage" which is mostly 2g! If you live inside a Major City you get great coverage. For rest of us it's mostly 2g.

Its great that you get good tmo coverage, but don't preach that it beats Sprint, because in most places it Doesn't!
Sent from my SPH-D710 using PPCGeeks

eric12341 02-02-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gullzway (Post 2166856)
Lol, remember the Tmobile 3g map posted a while ago. Its a joke! They even removed it from their website, now it just shows "coverage" which is mostly 2g! If you live inside a Major City you get great coverage. For rest of us it's mostly 2g.

Its great that you get good tmo coverage, but don't preach that it beats Sprint, because in most places it Doesn't!

@gullzway um, yes it does The Fastest Mobile Networks 2011 | PCMag.com

They have actually improved coverage in the last couple of years while sprint lost alot and even @gTen can attest to that. 2G is actually good enough for some slacker radio,TuneIN radio,iheartradio, low quality YouTube and some GPS navigation.

gullzway 02-02-2012 12:44 PM

Ok T-Mobile has great coverage if you live in a city that actually gets their 3g and don't ever leave it!
My brother is lucky if he gets 100Kb/sec.

eric12341 02-02-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gullzway (Post 2166890)
Ok T-Mobile has great coverage if you live in a city that actually gets their 3g and don't ever leave it!
My brother is lucky if he gets 100Kb/sec.

all carriers are like that eventually