PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Carrier Discussion (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Sprint posts quarterly and Ytd results (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=147699)

Riley 10-26-2011 10:02 AM

Sprint posts quarterly and Ytd results

Ouch...so far they have lost 1.6 billion dollars this year. Better than last year though but still not good:

Sprint announces Q3 earnings: net subs reach five year high, net losses at $300 million -- Engadget

austin420 10-26-2011 11:16 AM

Re: Sprint posts quarterly and Ytd results

i think this is the least worst report in something like 16 quarters.

Sprint Posts Smallest Quarterly Loss In 4 Years - Project Economy News Story - KMBC Kansas City

Riley 10-26-2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 2152428)
i think this is the least worst report in something like 16 quarters.

Sprint Posts Smallest Quarterly Loss In 4 Years - Project Economy News Story - KMBC Kansas City

true but it still says alot.

eric12341 10-26-2011 08:35 PM

they can't afford to maintain their own network that's y they sold it off to 3 other companies who aren't doing anything about the network issues.

fixxxer2012 10-26-2011 11:11 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GWK74) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Sprints in deep shit from what im hearing. People call it the slow network now. Shame to see them like this.

eric12341 10-27-2011 02:24 PM

there's also an article on phonearena that they still owe apple a few more billion dollars.

fixxxer2012 10-27-2011 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2152701)
there's also an article on phonearena that they still owe apple a few more billion dollars.

i think sprint is doomed. i remember not long ago we said at&t and t-mobile were but sprint looks worse off now.

yankees45us 10-27-2011 09:07 PM

They are not doomed yet. They are currently still trying to get out Of the mess they have been in for the last couple years and they are doing a while lot better. Now with the announcement of their 3g improvements and their launch of lte and lte advanced if it works like they say they will be doing real good in the next year and beyond. All I know is that I'm sticking by them for a bit longer. I'm looking forward to an lte evo with quad core browser.

Sent from my HTC EvO 3D... On The Now Network

fixxxer2012 10-27-2011 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankees45us (Post 2152789)
They are not doomed yet. They are currently still trying to get out Of the mess they have been in for the last couple years and they are doing a while lot better. Now with the announcement of their 3g improvements and their launch of lte and lte advanced if it works like they say they will be doing real good in the next year and beyond. All I know is that I'm sticking by them for a bit longer. I'm looking forward to an lte evo with quad core browser.

Sent from my HTC EvO 3D... On The Now Network

i suggest you go to xda and the sprint forums. sprint's network has been a mess for almost a year now. as far as lte it won't happen for at least two years, IF they can even fund it.

Riley 10-28-2011 10:15 AM

Lte will begin rolling out in mid 2012 as per Sprint. Most likely by the end of 2012 they will have the same LTE footprint as their current wimax network. Additional they probably will pull a tmobile move and go to lte advanced to try to jump over the competition. Just wondering how much of the country will be covered though. Things will definitely improve and Sprint will survive. But having said all that, I see no value in continuing to give them my business while they get their act together. I will switch and come back when/if the dust settles. In my particular situation, it's the right move. Certainly Sprint has a lot to offer still and many do not have issues so it makes sense to stick it out. I hope they do well.