PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Carrier Discussion (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   [Update] Free Dell Mini 10, WITHOUT a broadband plan.. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=137195)

boredandtattooed 11-18-2010 05:19 PM

[Update] Free Dell Mini 10, WITHOUT a broadband plan..

1 Attachment(s)
threads been modified..

Long story short..

Ordered a Dell mini 10 from Sprint for $100 with upgrade or new line... I upgraded a TP1 line and got the netbook for $100... i denied activation when prompted and never added a broadband plan... i just got confirmation of MIRhttp://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/...-1-1815-15.png

So a i got a Dell Mini 10.. for free.. WITHOUT a broadband plan.... and the kicker??? That TP1 line that i upgraded to get the netbook, still functions as a phone and is still on my account... i now have 5 phones( 2-TP1s, 1-TP2, Seek, and Optimus) AND the Dell Mini, all on a 5 device account...

eenieMINI 11-18-2010 05:47 PM

Re: My lastest "Finagling" with Sprint....

Good luck!

beefcakeb0 11-18-2010 10:13 PM

Nice, hope they don't jack you...I have considered this new device as well

OMJ 11-19-2010 01:28 PM

very nice....I'm tempted to do the same (got an airave eligible for upgrade), though I've had a mini 10 for a yr now.....very nice netbook, I use it everyday. I bumped the memory to 2gb, it's kindofa pita.

here's a video.... Upgrading the RAM in the Dell Mini 10v (with videos and guide)

boredandtattooed 11-20-2010 03:42 AM

yeah i didnt realize they were old... the ESN on it starts with REC, so its a Refurb... ah well.. so far runs great for her... plus it can run OSX, and Android 1.6.... all good enough sounding things to her to allow me to mod it out for her lol

ksg 12-14-2010 08:26 PM

Sprint isn't exactly the company I'd want to play these kinds of games with. Especially as your SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER/credit is tied to your account.

It'd be very easy for them to come back when they've figured out their ordering system glitch and charge you the full retail amount (to your account) for the netbook. They're bastards with normal customers -- never mind w/ this one! ;-)

Maybe I'm biased, but good find (and good luck) if you have the balls to take the chance! YMMV w/ this one... =D>

kaoss_11 12-15-2010 04:46 AM

i would agree with not wanting to play these games. I have heard/seen horror stories over at sprintusers.com, nice come up though

boredandtattooed 12-15-2010 06:15 AM

LMAO,

So...............never order anything from Sprint ever again?? its funny how cell phone bills/contracts dont do positive things for your credit(yet credit check is done to get a Contract), but they'll sure send your outstanding, outdated debt to a collection agency ill bet lol

almost been a month, no hassle.. its paid off.. when i changed my plan to get an Optimus too(for gf also), i made sure the CS Agent kept my insurance on all my lines... got a Letter a few days later from Asurion saying I couldnt put insurance on the line ending in XXXX - the line the netbook is on... so everyone see's I have the netbook even...

I submitted the rebate even 2 days ago for shits and giggles - since the denial/"stall" process for rebates is all online anyways.. worse comes to worse on that, ill just call in to see whats up on it.. if its an activation issue, ill just say ok, ill go take care of that.. and Not do it lol... then ill just eat the $100, no biggie really... I expected to anyways kind of..

It'll be fine!

iredline5 12-16-2010 06:02 PM

This sounds interesteting. The netbook shows its tied to that account like any other phone/device that is bought from sprint.com. The phone/device will be shipped but not activated to the line purchased for but will be tied to that number untill released or activated to that line. This prevents the phone be stolen once shipped from them. Not sure if there is a time limit with sprint if the device is not activated or not. So I would be very cautious on doing this.

boredandtattooed 01-18-2011 04:28 PM

Re: [Update] Free Dell Mini 10, WITHOUT a broadband plan..

updated.... and caution thrown to the wind...