PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2010, 08:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800
Carrier: Alltel

hillsmi is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need help choosing...

In my current MI market, Alltel is still Alltel, but doesn't look for long.

Apparently, I've discovered over the past few days, that the Alltel / VZW merger initially made no mention to customers that AT&T was hiding in the wings.

Soon, it looks as though my beloved Alltel service WILL NOT become VZW, but rather AT&T.

AT&T site states that old VZW devices will be replaced, free of charge, with comparable AT&T handsets.

I currently own an HTC Touch Pro. What is the current AT&T equivalent to the TP? (Also would like to consider (but not my most important concern) a phone with customizable / flashable ROM ability; WinMobile device?)

I don't know what the choices will be, but if you know of AT&T matches for the TP, what would you choose?

On the other hand, I've also been reading not-so-good things related to the AT&T network as it compares to VZW.

If you were being forced to switch from VZW / Alltel to AT&T, would you stay with AT&T, try to get VZW from another market, or go with Sprint?

I believe with Sprint, I can keep my CDMA TP active, correct? (Sprint is CDMA, correct?)

What are anyone's thoughts on this, especially if you've already had to go through the Alltel merger transition to VZW, and possibly to AT&T?

Opinions on network reliability / access, pricing plans (family; we currently have 5 phones on a 900 min Nationwide shared plan with Alltel for ~ $140/month and includes 400 in / out texts on two of those 5 lines).

Also, with Sprint and AT&T, are you REQUIRED to be enrolled in a data plan of any kind, if you bring / own your own phone? Currently, with Alltel and my own TP, I am NOT required to pay for data plan because the phone is not under a contract.

Thanks

Last edited by hillsmi; 10-06-2010 at 09:37 PM.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion