PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2010, 10:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

hperry is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Not eligible to upgrade on your voice line? You may be in luck if you have an Air

my airave is eligible for upgrade and so is my primary line (which is my wife's line) due to premier status. i think i will try the airave route to see if i can save the upgrade on my wife's line in case something sweet comes out in the next year and i want to get it without waiting.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Re: Not eligible to upgrade on your voice line? You may be in luck if you have an Air

ok, had a 6:15 appt at RS and got my evo using the airave upgrade. was a pretty big mess and i have yet to see whether everything is going to work out. this is a 5 line family share (4 phones, 1 airave). after adding the EVO to the airave line, RS ended up kicking the phone i wanted to replace (TP2) back to the airave number and the airave got kicked off the account all together. they claimed they could not fix this and i had to call sprint to resolve. so i called retentions directly and told them the story and that i wanted the tp2 off the account and the airave back on (with the same airave service credit i had previously). so the woman went to work and came back to tell me she had to cancel the original airave number and start a new one to get the airave back on. so she did what i asked but now i'm wondering if there will be any kickback due to the fact that the line that was technically used for the evo upgrade was essentially closed a few hours later. i guess we'll see...right now, everything works fine...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

crookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

yikes sounds like a big mess...thanks for posting though.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

well, my story just got a little better (for now anyway). i looked at my account this morning and i see the airave is on there with a new number as expected and the TP2 is off the account. i also see that the airave is eligible for a full upgrade as of today! assuming i don't get an ETF bill from RS or sprint due to the closing of the original airave line (which was technically used for the upgrade), then it means my upgrades didn't change as a result of getting the evo. we'll see how this turns out.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:36 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Moving to carrier discussion

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 07-15-2010, 11:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

planobry is a n00b

Can anyone confirm this still works? I am going to be buying another EVO at Best Buy, but do not want to lose the $5 credit. Actually, the airrave is sitting in a box as I could never get it to work right and my signal strength without it has improved. Wouldn't mind getting an upgrade out of it before I send it back though.

Last edited by planobry; 07-15-2010 at 11:26 AM.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:30 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

No, i just tried, seems Sprint did an upgrade, and even though you can start the process, it brings up a window with JUST your voice lines on it to click/choose to upgrade.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 4g Evo

eyecon82 is a n00b

any luck with this recently?
Old 10-20-2011, 02:11 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

radio shack offered to do this for me in store the otherday.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion