PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 01:03 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
NFL Leaving SPRINT for Verizon

NO BIG LOSS
Old 03-09-2010, 01:08 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: NFL Leaving SPRINT for Verizon

i'm going to agree there, playback was way too choppy. besides, i'm about to get a slingbox today, i'll have that channel anyways but much clearer!
Old 03-09-2010, 01:37 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Threadstarter

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
i'm going to agree there, playback was way too choppy. besides, i'm about to get a slingbox today, i'll have that channel anyways but much clearer!
Luv the slingbox!

If ppl have to have TV on a 3 inch screen, that's the way to go!
Old 03-09-2010, 02:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I haven't seen anything on the NFL leaving Sprint. Just releasing content in partnership with Verizon. At least that's what Engadget said.

Link
Old 03-09-2010, 05:57 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I'm cool with that, sponsorship means they pay money to have their logo used with football. Removing that sponsorship means they don't pay money so then in turn, hopefully, keep the cost of our plans down!
http://sprintconnection.kansascity.com/?q=node/1456
Old 03-10-2010, 06:15 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilray View Post
I haven't seen anything on the NFL leaving Sprint. Just releasing content in partnership with Verizon. At least that's what Engadget said.

Link
agreed, i was thinking the same thing. the nfl isn't leaving sprint, just expanding to verizon, will probably run on both networks
Old 03-10-2010, 03:54 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

re-read the link that BasilRay gave

Update: We just confirmed that NFL Mobile will be exclusive to Verizon for the next four years, which means Sprint customers are out of luck. Verizon paid a pretty penny for the rights: the Wall Street Journal values the deal at $720 million.

It's kind of confusing though because I'm reading RED ZONE and VERIZON together... not NFL Mobile
Isn't that what Sprint has NFL Mobile and not Red Zone?

As always, we'll see how it all plays out

Last edited by elephant007; 03-10-2010 at 03:56 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:05 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
re-read the link that BasilRay gave

Update: We just confirmed that NFL Mobile will be exclusive to Verizon for the next four years, which means Sprint customers are out of luck. Verizon paid a pretty penny for the rights: the Wall Street Journal values the deal at $720 million.

It's kind of confusing though because I'm reading RED ZONE and VERIZON together... not NFL Mobile
Isn't that what Sprint has NFL Mobile and not Red Zone?

As always, we'll see how it all plays out
didn't see the updated version of the article, oh well i never used it anyway
Old 03-10-2010, 04:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Yeah, me either. I didn't even see the update on that article until I came here!

Oh well, I have a 52" TV and don't work Sundays. Watching a game on my phone is not something that would really sway my opinion of a mobile carrier in any way.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:48 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

yeah Sprint pretty much said it's not worth it so they're not going to renew, makes sense I basically just used it for scores sometimes. I would never get a phone just for that crap.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion