PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2010, 11:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

ulysses is keeping up the good workulysses is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to ulysses
sprint TEP

i was looking at my bill online, and there was a link about how March is open TEP enrollment month. just thought i'd mention it incase anyone didn't know

Old 03-05-2010, 11:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

gangmobb is keeping up the good workgangmobb is keeping up the good work
Re: sprint TEP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulysses View Post
i was looking at my bill online, and there was a link about how March is open TEP enrollment month. just thought i'd mention it incase anyone didn't know

what does that mean though? i saw that too but i dont get it.. cant you get TEP by just asking to sign up for it.. or is that not the case?
Old 03-06-2010, 12:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangmobb View Post
what does that mean though? i saw that too but i dont get it.. cant you get TEP by just asking to sign up for it.. or is that not the case?
depends I guess on the phone and the age.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:37 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

I think when u first sign up with sprint u have like 14 days or something like that to add tep.. then i think u have to wait or something.. not totally sure..
Old 03-08-2010, 04:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

You can add it whenever you get a brand new device, or during open enrollment. I have had some reps add it to phones I have sold people. Depends on the rep.

I pretty much ALWAYS sell phones to people at a Sprint store. That safeguards me from having someone come back and say the ESN is not clean.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl

TEP- Total Equipment Protection open enrollment is going on now. The device must be taken in to a sprint store to be qualified i.e. checked for water damage/physical damage. The cost is $7/mo. and is worth it. If you make one claim the protection over 2 years has more than paid for itself. Most phones retail between $200-500 and insurance runs $84 a year (check my math)...or $178 per two year contract. There is a deductable for non-manufacturer defects such as lost/stolen, water damaged, broken screen etc. The deductable for smart phones is $100 and non-smart $50. It literally covers everything that could happen to your phone. You do have to ship/return the damaged phone upon receipt of replacement. If phone is lost or stolen the ESN will be blocked from all future activation (it becomes a paper weight). 3 claims can be made per callendar year.

Last edited by sprintgirl; 03-08-2010 at 05:04 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

unless your like a friend of mine..he filed a claim saying his tp was lost. they sent him a tp2.. and the tp was never blacklisted. cause he never called sprint,,lol needless to say that was way wrong of him... but what can u do.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl

lol suhweet! hook it up and get another tp2 for me. j/k!

here is some of the buzz about open enrollment

http://blog.laptopmag.com/sprint-ope...plan-for-march

http://www.phonedog.com/cell-phone-r...arch-31st.aspx
Old 03-10-2010, 06:13 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangmobb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritcrusher33 View Post
I think when u first sign up with sprint u have like 14 days or something like that to add tep.. then i think u have to wait or something.. not totally sure..
unless its open enrollment you have 30 days to sign up for it after getting a new device (new/upgrade) or after having your phone serviced (paid repairs, replacement, etc.) at a certified sprint repair center
Old 03-11-2010, 09:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc diamond

c3hutson is a n00b

So my Diamond stopped charging or accepting any USB connections at all last night. I'm wondering if it matters that I have a custom ROM for a TEP replacement? Anyone know?

Also, anyone know what they replace diamonds with these days? Sprint rep seems to think its either a TP2 or a Hero

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion