PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2010, 06:20 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gregjuice is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Alltels getting 2 new phones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney1985 View Post
Yes, Verizon bought Alltel and will eventually own the whole company. They are converting markets one by one. Alltel was a large company so it takes time. One day you will all be on Verizon.
Actually, that is not true according to the Alltel website. We will eventually be AT&T, take a look for yourself...

http://www.alltel.com/wps/portal/All...om/Home/DInter

use 59718 for the zip
Old 02-24-2010, 06:41 AM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

i havent heard of that, that means u gotta switch to GSM then eventually :-\
Old 02-24-2010, 08:44 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregjuice View Post
Actually, that is not true according to the Alltel website. We will eventually be AT&T, take a look for yourself...

use 59718 for the zip
Though this is an old ad apparently and this is also showing that may not happen, quoted from the article at the bottom

The sale is subject to regulatory approvals. We cannot predict how long that process will take, but we expect it will be a few months at a minimum before we receive a decision about if and when the transaction may close.

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 02-24-2010, 11:34 PM
R.I.P. B & Gary. 12/20/11
Pocket PC: JB 32GB iPhone 4 w/ 5.0.1
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

Batman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i just wish my area would merge to either one..
Old 02-25-2010, 01:12 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions

lol I hear ya.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:55 AM
R.I.P. B & Gary. 12/20/11
Pocket PC: JB 32GB iPhone 4 w/ 5.0.1
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

Batman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

what carrier do you have?
Old 02-25-2010, 01:59 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!

I have Sprint but work at Verizon. I love them both actually but shhh....can't let Verizon know that.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:58 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney1985 View Post
Yes, Verizon bought Alltel and will eventually own the whole company. They are converting markets one by one. Alltel was a large company so it takes time. One day you will all be on Verizon.
are you sure thats right? thought vzw couldnt buy all of vzw and was forced to sell some to att and some other crap gsm company hence why att now has "my 5" or something similar to "my circle"
Old 02-26-2010, 10:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: T Pro RootRom | 2nd T Pro iRoot
Carrier: Alltel

wiskydiver1 is keeping up the good workwiskydiver1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregjuice View Post

use 59718 for the zip
That's interesting. I checked using your zip and it does give info about the AT&T merger, that I knew nothing about. So I went in and checked with my zip, because in that same area it had given info about the Verizon merger. Zip 54981. And there's NO info about the merger on the front page like yours. It's still buried in the site I think, but not right up front anymore.

Ok, just saw a roll by in the flash about unlimited calling to all Alltel and Verizon customers.

I'm just here to help. Well, help, and flash, and flash, and flash...
If I was able to help you today, kindly click the Thanks! button.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: AllTel HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

DMWagner is becoming a great contributor

Any word on these new phones? I sure hope they show up soon, my TP is getting long in the tooth.

EDIT: Just went and checked out what the Hero is like and I think I will pass.
http://www.engadget.com/2009/07/23/htc-hero-review/

Pretty underpowered yesterday tech.

Last edited by DMWagner; 03-08-2010 at 12:13 PM.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion