PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: If Sprint and Verizon carried iPhone, will you switch?
Yeah Baby, I'll sell out to the darkside and I love it! 25 26.32%
No, Hell no! 70 73.68%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 06:55 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50286; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

let me just say this, iPhone or HD2? Rhetorical question, HD2, duh!!

With that being said, I would not switch to an HD2 if it were on Verizon (or Sprint), because I NEED the hardware keyboard! Yea, yea, the screen is so giant a keyboard isn't necessary, blah, but it's not true. For you keyboard guys, watch the HD2 videos on Youtube where they use the keyboard, and imagine yourself switching to that. Or just try it on your TP2. I don't like it! Now, if I didn't care about the keyboard, HD2 in a heartbeat!! iPhone? Why the hell would I want that? Really? Stupid question.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC MOGUL-> HTC TP-> HTC TP2 =]
Carrier: - Sprint -

ifiwasperfect is a n00b
Re: If Sprint & VZW had iPhone, will you switch?

i would switch in a HOT second...
Old 01-14-2010, 07:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

No, I like being able to multi-task on my phone out of the box. If I can't browse the web and send text messages at the same time, why spend the $200 on a supposed smartphone?
Old 01-14-2010, 07:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
Yea, yea, the screen is so giant a keyboard isn't necessary, blah, but it's not true. .
Speak for yourself, it certainly is true for me.

I use either TouchPal 3.5 or Swype 99% of the time.

I can type insanely fast with TouchPal using T+ (much faster than anybody can type on a hardware KB). TP even works well with fat stubby fingers....

I bought the TP2 the day it was released & I don't think I've used the hardware KB twice in the whole time I've owned it.

~John
Old 01-14-2010, 07:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE
Carrier: Sprint

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

didnt read the thread, but no. Ive never seen the day deal of the Iphone since day 1. When I sold Tmo Id ask 100 people what was so good about the Iphone, the answer? "Its an iphone!" Sorry man, that just doesnt cut it for me. The iphone doesnt nothing special IMO
Old 01-14-2010, 07:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

butler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good work

Nope.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:26 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Are we done here.
Sheesh...

No more nention of iPhone on a WM thread.
lol.

I say if you like it... GO!
If you don't THEN DON'T...
The phone isn't even available on any other carrier. (I know you can jail break it or whatever that's called)
This is a hypothetical question and everyone takes it to heart.

I say whatevs.
p.

Last edited by AZTECHKA; 01-14-2010 at 07:30 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT
Threadstarter

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

If there was a way to get 3G instead of Edge on an iPhone through T-Mobile, I would do it, that's the only thing stopping me from switching.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Unless jail broken your too constricted with the iphone. One of the reasons I like Win Mo is the customizing. My phone is very different from everyone else. Perhaps I don't like conformity...Anyway the iphones are nice though I won't pretend they aren't, and i do like the gaming aspect of it but not for me.

Last edited by i360; 01-14-2010 at 07:41 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:45 PM
VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/Focus/soon EVO3D

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

my answer is nope, ill be switching to hd2

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion