PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 12:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: O2 UK

itnorfolk is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
advice with TP2 and Android - remove wm completely?

Hey guys,

I'm looking to install android on my TP2. I've downloaded and run FRX07.1 on the micro sd card, but this still needs windows to be installed - I'm looking for a way to "format" the phone, and install android directly in the ROM.

I'm hoping it may speed up the handset, I have noticed daft things like it seems to hang for a few minutes sometimes, on various apps etc, then it prompts that the app has crashed, click on wait and it comes straight back....

I've googled and searched the site, but I cannot find an "idiots guide" for replacing the rom... I'm not an idiot lol, I rebuild and refurbish pc's for a living, but I've never worked on the OS of a phone so this is all very new for me....

I appreciate any help you guys can give me
Old 01-09-2012, 12:58 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: advice with TP2 and Android - remove wm completely?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-tp...b-1-2-3-a.html

Not for the feint of heart, it's not stable yet by any means.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: advice with TP2 and Android - remove wm completely?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itnorfolk View Post
Hey guys,

I'm looking to install android on my TP2. I've downloaded and run FRX07.1 on the micro sd card, but this still needs windows to be installed - I'm looking for a way to "format" the phone, and install android directly in the ROM.

I'm hoping it may speed up the handset, I have noticed daft things like it seems to hang for a few minutes sometimes, on various apps etc, then it prompts that the app has crashed, click on wait and it comes straight back....

I've googled and searched the site, but I cannot find an "idiots guide" for replacing the rom... I'm not an idiot lol, I rebuild and refurbish pc's for a living, but I've never worked on the OS of a phone so this is all very new for me....

I appreciate any help you guys can give me
I think many apps just struggle to work on the TP2. Most modern apps are designed for modern phones. I think it's best to keep android simple. Don't pack up 3 panes with widgets. Don't use ANY widgets if possible. Removing WM probably won't improve things much. It's also nice to have the WM side because it does certain things better than the android side (speakerphone, battery life, audio player, maps, wifi hotspot).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2