PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2011, 09:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

nba30 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Call End Button Does Not End Call

I just setup my Touch Pro 2 with FRX07 today and everything seems to be functioning correctly except for the Call End Button.

When I press the physical End button during a call it exits the current call screen and goes to the home screen without terminating the call. The only way I am able to terminate the call is pressing the on-screen, soft "End" button.

After searching the forums and Google I saw a CAB file fix for Windows Mobile but no fixes for Android...

Anyone else having this problem?
Old 09-20-2011, 09:39 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Re: Call End Button Does Not End Call

does this problem occur when ending call in windows mobile ?
Old 09-20-2011, 09:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD 400)

rpierce99 is keeping up the good workrpierce99 is keeping up the good work

As of FRX07 since there is an on-screen end call button, the end call button was remapped as "HOME" to give the long-press home capability. If you really have to have a button to end calls, in the accessibility settings you can set the power button to end call.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2: NAND OMGB

anish88 is just getting started

is there any way to remap the end call button to ending the call again, i miss that...
Old 09-20-2011, 11:38 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anish88 View Post
is there any way to remap the end call button to ending the call again, i miss that...
Manually through the rootfs, and you will lose the functionality of the home key. This is why it was never possible to have the end key be end AND function as the home key (at least not for long press).

Once the prox sensor is finished (which it's close to being done/ready for testing) this will be moot. Right now it is annoying on long calls, when the phone falls asleep - I understand, and feel your pain.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2: NAND OMGB

anish88 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Manually through the rootfs, and you will lose the functionality of the home key. This is why it was never possible to have the end key be end AND function as the home key (at least not for long press).

Once the prox sensor is finished (which it's close to being done/ready for testing) this will be moot. Right now it is annoying on long calls, when the phone falls asleep - I understand, and feel your pain.
yeah once the prox sensor is there i guess your right, shouldnt be too much of an issue. i always have a problem with how reactive the sensor on Winmo too, but then again it IS WinMo so i shouldnt expect much as it is, lol.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
end button, touch pro 2