PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Sprint MMS working! (workaround) for non xdandroid users (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=146588)

vzihome 08-21-2011 04:35 PM

Sprint MMS working! (workaround) for non xdandroid users

This is for those of us who dont use XDANDROID FRX07 and above

Need to download "gosms pro" from market its free
under the mms settings:

Fill APN configuration manually: CHECK BOX

MMSC: http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms
MMS PROXY:
port:80

this is for the people that cant make the mms work out of the box.

vzihome 08-21-2011 06:16 PM

Re: Sprint MMS working! (workaround)

i only posted this because some "builds" dont have the option to tinker with the APN, and/or if you do set the APN still don't manage to get it to work.

arrrghhh 08-21-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vzihome (Post 2139654)
i only posted this because some "builds" dont have the option to tinker with the APN, and/or if you do set the APN still don't manage to get it to work.

I was going to say, MMS works great on FRX07...

rpierce99 08-21-2011 07:25 PM

Just so it's clear, FRX07+ XDAndroid builds do not require additional apps to get MMS to work for sprint, the APN settings are enough.

[ACL] 10-18-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2139670)
I was going to say, MMS works great on FRX07...

wonder if this will work for muzling and omgb.

Actually there are alternate methods documented all over xda. People with Heros/ and Eris who jump on boost and othe carriers are forced to change settings. But this is far easier than doing any crazyness.

muziling 10-18-2011 08:42 PM

Re: Sprint MMS working! (workaround) for non xdandroid users

not work, moto milestone2 user need to modify file pppd-ril.options, add username,password to it. maybe we need to.

mountainwampus 10-19-2011 11:17 AM

I couldn't get picture mail to load with FRX07 or FRX07.1. I tried entering the APN but it demands an entry for "APN Name" and "APN". Anyone know what goes in those fields? Nothing has worked (I'm on Sprint).

So, I gave "Gosms Pro" a try and now picture mail loads fine but I don't care for the interface. Is there a way to disable the app without uninstalling it?

arrrghhh 10-19-2011 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainwampus (Post 2151076)
I couldn't get picture mail to load with FRX07 or FRX07.1. I tried entering the APN but it demands an entry for "APN Name" and "APN". Anyone know what goes in those fields? Nothing has worked (I'm on Sprint).

So, I gave "Gosms Pro" a try and now picture mail loads fine but I don't care for the interface. Is there a way to disable the app without uninstalling it?

You can put literally anything in for APN and APN Name, it will work. I've had "Android" and "internet", I've had "Sprint" and "MMS", I've had "none" and "none" (literally, the word none...) and it always worked. Since CDMA doesn't really use APN's, these values are actually ignored.

MMSC has to be correct, and MNC/MCC as well, which should be pre-populated...

mountainwampus 10-19-2011 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2151082)
You can put literally anything in for APN and APN Name, it will work. I've had "Android" and "internet", I've had "Sprint" and "MMS", I've had "none" and "none" (literally, the word none...) and it always worked. Since CDMA doesn't really use APN's, these values are actually ignored.

MMSC has to be correct, and MNC/MCC as well, which should be pre-populated...

Thanks for the info! I'll have to try a few things. Not sure what I did wrong. It wasn't working until installing gosms pro. I didn't even have to set the APN info. Then, I uninstalled it and the pic mail went away so I re-installed it now it works again.

arrrghhh 10-19-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainwampus (Post 2151086)
Thanks for the info! I'll have to try a few things. Not sure what I did wrong. It wasn't working until installing gosms pro. I didn't even have to set the APN info. Then, I uninstalled it and the pic mail went away so I re-installed it now it works again.

I assume this app just affixes the same values in some other way (probably directly to the telephony DB).