PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2011, 02:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: gre
Carrier: cmd

tp2userp is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question roaming indicator flashing

I am running FRX07 full time on Rhodium 400 with SIM on a GSM network. Its a great build and everything mostly works but I have a peculiar problem, no sure others have noticed it or not, I could not find it in the release thread. Any way, usually the phone wireless mode is 'WCDMA preferred' or one of the GSM modes, but when I move in to an area with no coverage, the phone AUTOMATICALLY defaults to CDMA/EVDO mode, and predictably the roaming indicator starts flashing or the network defaults to XDAndroid, and when I move back in to coverage area. Does any one know if this auto default to CDMA/EVDO can be stopped and if yes how to stop this mode change?
Old 08-12-2011, 09:33 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: roaming indicator flashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp2userp View Post
I am running FRX07 full time on Rhodium 400 with SIM on a GSM network. Its a great build and everything mostly works but I have a peculiar problem, no sure others have noticed it or not, I could not find it in the release thread. Any way, usually the phone wireless mode is 'WCDMA preferred' or one of the GSM modes, but when I move in to an area with no coverage, the phone AUTOMATICALLY defaults to CDMA/EVDO mode, and predictably the roaming indicator starts flashing or the network defaults to XDAndroid, and when I move back in to coverage area. Does any one know if this auto default to CDMA/EVDO can be stopped and if yes how to stop this mode change?
I think this is 'expected behavior'. If you don't have service, of course it'll flip over to something that does have service...

You said "or one of the GSM modes" - you pick GSM only and it flips back to a CDMA mode regardless? I use my RHOD400 as a CDMA device, so I'm not going to be a huge help here... Hence the reason I'm thinking this is expected.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:08 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tp2userp is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I think this is 'expected behavior'. If you don't have service, of course it'll flip over to something that does have service...

You said "or one of the GSM modes" - you pick GSM only and it flips back to a CDMA mode regardless? I use my RHOD400 as a CDMA device, so I'm not going to be a huge help here... Hence the reason I'm thinking this is expected.
Yes, it defaults to CDMA even if 'GSM only' is selected.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:50 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Yes, it defaults to CDMA even if 'GSM only' is selected.
I assume this is with a SIM card inserted...? You're the first, literally, to have this problem. I know many who use RHOD400/500 as a GSM device, without issues (well, without these issues...)
Old 08-22-2011, 11:46 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tp2userp is a n00b
Question Re: roaming indicator flashing

I guess not many use CDMA rhodium on gsm networks running android! I am just glad that at least there is an option to run android.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:09 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
I guess not many use CDMA rhodium on gsm networks running android! I am just glad that at least there is an option to run android.
No, not many do... but those that do AFAIK it works just fine for.

Now there was an issue where when the screen would turn off it would also turn off the GSM radio - this issue should be resolved. I don't have GSM service to test with, but again AFAIK there's no issues using GSM on a CDMA device on FRX07 with the newest kernel/rootfs.

Do you have a force_cdma command in your startup perhaps? I thought the command would be ignored, but perhaps not...
Old 08-23-2011, 04:36 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tp2userp is a n00b

foce_cdma is not present. I have tried to create new data.img.
This problem only occurs when there is absolutely no coverage as in a tunnel or a basement. Sometimes the phone also resets and boots in wm.
May be I will try a cwm build and se if it makes a difference.

Is there an updated version of RIL than the one in FRX07? and how do I change the RIL?
Old 08-23-2011, 12:00 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
foce_cdma is not present. I have tried to create new data.img.
This problem only occurs when there is absolutely no coverage as in a tunnel or a basement. Sometimes the phone also resets and boots in wm.
May be I will try a cwm build and se if it makes a difference.

Is there an updated version of RIL than the one in FRX07? and how do I change the RIL?
Yes, there is an updated RIL. The easiest way is to bind mount it using the user.conf file.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2