PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Make android not sleep (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=142736)

JustusIV 04-12-2011 03:00 PM

Make android not sleep

So i accidentally asked this question before but not in the android section, it got way off topic so i am starting a new thread specifically for android. Is there a way to turn off it going to sleep? I am running a program that has an alarm but if the machine is asleep it does not go off. There is an option in the program to disable sleep however it does not function on my touch pro 2. I do not care about battery life if i can get this working. I looked around and am only see the screen time out which has a max of 30 minutes. While this isnt a problem it appears that if i lock the phone it falls asleep way sooner then 30 minutes. And i again miss my alarms.

Thoughts.

arrrghhh 04-12-2011 03:12 PM

Re: Make android not sleep

I believe you'd need a 3rd party app to do such horrors. I think there's some Battery Saver app or some such thing on the Market that would allow you to configure such a setting.

My question is why? The built-in alarm clock not work? Mine always wakes me up, never missed an alarm - unless the battery was dead or the phone was locked, which has happened in WinMo as well as Android lol.

AZTECHKA 04-12-2011 03:30 PM

I'm not trolling... I'm actually trying to help...
If you can use apk files on the TP2 running Android... I think I may have the solution.
I run a program called screen on and you can find it on the market.
p.

https://market.android.com/search?q=...on&so=1&c=apps

JustusIV 04-12-2011 04:41 PM

So its a specific program i am using called ExerTime. The first few alarms go off bet after a bit of time they stop. Like i said before three is a setting in there that says dont let the device go to sleep however that doesn't work it still hits the first two or so alarms then no more.

AZTECHKA 04-12-2011 04:57 PM

What about the app I suggested?

arrrghhh 04-12-2011 05:36 PM

Or the one I vaguely suggested? I can get more specific if needed, I think it's pretty simple to find AFAIK.

JustusIV 04-12-2011 09:29 PM

yeah sorry haven't had a chance to test them. I will in the next few days and let everyone know if it works.

nasapunk88 04-13-2011 05:33 AM

this is exactly what I just thought about wanting. I use my phone as my alarm clock and Now that ive been using android fulltime, ive been searching for a good alarm clock; ive always used MortPlayer on WinMO (has sleep and alarm functions to play music).
The android mortplayer alarm goes off but when you snooze it never goes off again until it wakes back up =(. So keeping it on 24/7 would force it to work =)

demonlordoftheround 04-13-2011 09:21 AM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.2; en-us; BLAZN 2.2.2 Build/BLAZN 2.2.2) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

What about running the clock app?

arrrghhh 04-13-2011 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nasapunk88 (Post 2084200)
this is exactly what I just thought about wanting. I use my phone as my alarm clock and Now that ive been using android fulltime, ive been searching for a good alarm clock; ive always used MortPlayer on WinMO (has sleep and alarm functions to play music).
The android mortplayer alarm goes off but when you snooze it never goes off again until it wakes back up =(. So keeping it on 24/7 would force it to work =)

What's wrong with the built-in alarm clock? Blows the built-in WinMo alarm clock out of the water - I can actually set more than three alarms, lol!

It's always worked for me, assuming the device isn't locked up, etc.

I'm not sure why 3rd party alarms wouldn't work tho... Perhaps the way they request the phone to wake is wrong, as the stock alarm clock works great...