PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   MAGLDR being ported to Rhodium ***UPDATED with VIDEO*** (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=140761)

[ACL] 03-04-2011 04:53 PM

Re: MAGLDR being ported to Rhodium

gave cotulla everything he needed for 3d.. so he should be running soon. This is what happens when you try to do everything from scratch.

sprinttouch666 03-04-2011 07:18 PM

Re: MAGLDR being ported to Rhodium

Quote:

Originally Posted by MassStash (Post 2064187)
so i had the privledge to witness personally via .3pg video: NAND MAGLDR Sense, on the rhodium.... This video will not be release, so please do not ask. The fact that we know this is amazing enough. The tim eis not right for mass viewing because only 2d is currently functional, 3d is yet to be implemented. Thus meaning that the bootable awesomeness is very laggy and cumbersome... So hopefully, and to my belief, 3d implementation will make sense scream, comparatively, on our phones.....

Thank you Cotulla, you are the business. (as well as the DFT team)

Quote:

Originally Posted by [ACL] (Post 2064411)
gave cotulla everything he needed for 3d.. so he should be running soon. This is what happens when you try to do everything from scratch.

Thanks to both of you for all the effort you guys have put into this community project!!!

And thanks to the DFT for choosing to support the TP2! :headbang:

hongbao 03-07-2011 12:36 AM

Re: MAGLDR being ported to Rhodium ***UPDATED with VIDEO***

I just found out there was an update on DFT forum. I hate the high resolution of the screen now....:(

anish88 03-07-2011 01:58 AM

I dont know if this posted somewhere but wat is the significance of having MAGLDR? Will Android run much better with full functionality because of it? Sorry just trying to understand it better.

fishingmedic 03-07-2011 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anish88 (Post 2065233)
I dont know if this posted somewhere but wat is the significance of having MAGLDR? Will Android run much better with full functionality because of it? Sorry just trying to understand it better.

You obviously didn't search though even 4 freaking pages. Not to sound like a PITA, but just freaking read, at least the first page of this thread, it's explained there. I'm not even gonna link it I'm getting so sick and tired of people not even bothering to read one bit. God bless all of you guys, not sure how the people are gonna make it in the real world needing to be spoon fed everything cuz no one wants to do anything for themselves, even something as simple as reading.

anish88 03-07-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishingmedic (Post 2065292)
You obviously didn't search though even 4 freaking pages. Not to sound like a PITA, but just freaking read, at least the first page of this thread, it's explained there. I'm not even gonna link it I'm getting so sick and tired of people not even bothering to read one bit. God bless all of you guys, not sure how the people are gonna make it in the real world needing to be spoon fed everything cuz no one wants to do anything for themselves, even something as simple as reading.

So, ive been reading this thread since it started, we have talked about MADLDR being another choice for NAND, and whether it would be helpful for bluetooth, but there isnt any talk about how this would progress our search for getting full functionality of our phones. I guess the significance is kind of outlined, but i was mainly thinking about how it would help us with getting all the features of our phone to work. And whether it would actually help our phones run faster, because the video that was recently posted didnt seem that way. I mean i guess i was wrong to ask what its significance is because that was listed but I was mainly wondering whether it would progress us in. Sorry i didnt make my question clear

[ACL] 03-07-2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anish88 (Post 2065381)
So, ive been reading this thread since it started, we have talked about MADLDR being another choice for NAND, and whether it would be helpful for bluetooth, but there isnt any talk about how this would progress our search for getting full functionality of our phones. I guess the significance is kind of outlined, but i was mainly thinking about how it would help us with getting all the features of our phone to work. And whether it would actually help our phones run faster, because the video that was recently posted didnt seem that way. I mean i guess i was wrong to ask what its significance is because that was listed but I was mainly wondering whether it would progress us in. Sorry i didnt make my question clear

You forget that nand is actually a missing feature from haret. So yes, going nand is getting the device closer to completion.

BT and the rest are already floating around. So functionality wise its almost all there. NAND will be a debate for alot of people. I notice some love the ability to jump back and forth between winmo and android. But others want to run it natively which is why nand is around. Speed? well i think there is room for some improvements. But right now i think the devs are mainly concerned with getting the functionality down. The commits latey have been somewhat ugly but can be fixed easily.

Cotulla is having some issues with sense. Thing is sense is a resource hog and really poorly implemented by htc. I guess when you have devices with such high horsepower as the Evo it really doesnt matter. I'm a little bothered that the sense build was not released to the public. But ohh well, thats how it goes.

anish88 03-07-2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [ACL] (Post 2065390)
You forget that nand is actually a missing feature from haret. So yes, going nand is getting the device closer to completion.

BT and the rest are already floating around. So functionality wise its almost all there. NAND will be a debate for alot of people. I notice some love the ability to jump back and forth between winmo and android. But others want to run it natively which is why nand is around. Speed? well i think there is room for some improvements. But right now i think the devs are mainly concerned with getting the functionality down. The commits latey have been somewhat ugly but can be fixed easily.

Cotulla is having some issues with sense. Thing is sense is a resource hog and really poorly implemented by htc. I guess when you have devices with such high horsepower as the Evo it really doesnt matter. I'm a little bothered that the sense build was not released to the public. But ohh well, thats how it goes.

thanks acl. yeah i like the fact i can switch back and forth because then i can update the PRL and quick gps too. I have been trying to use android 100% of the time but the only thing that holds me back right now is the 3.5mm jack. I just get really excited when I see any progress.

gtmethod3 03-07-2011 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anish88 (Post 2065395)
thanks acl. yeah i like the fact i can switch back and forth because then i can update the PRL and quick gps too. I have been trying to use android 100% of the time but the only thing that holds me back right now is the 3.5mm jack. I just get really excited when I see any progress.

Updating PRL etc. full nand.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-androi...-nand-prl.html

fishingmedic 03-08-2011 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anish88 (Post 2065381)

Was gonna appologize in PM but I'll do it in public. Sorry for jumping down your throat, as you well know, many times people don't bother reading and just ask questions that have already been answered. Sorry for jumping at you just for not clarifying your question!!