PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2010, 11:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Google Sync Calendar Issues

I use Active Sync with my google account to sync contacts and calendar events between windows mobile and android but I am having 2 very annoying issues that are also affecting others so I need help with a solution ASAP

1. I am seeing multiple of the same event on my calendar. is there a way to fix this? I feel like if it is a 'sync' operation, it should check for changes and correct them as such, not just add on to what is already existing.

2. The more serious issue is I have been told that my phone sends out mass invitations to old events. People have reported getting invites from me from events as old as 2008. and this has occured every time i sync. It is very annoying because the lists are from old jobs/internships and people i don't work with anymore, and flooding them with a bunch of old invites is a hassle to their already busy schedule, and the worst part is I can't see that it sent because nothing shows up in my sent items. I feel like this is a result of the first issue and i think if my calendar would sync properly, it would see that the invite was already sent years ago and stop sending them (ideally)

Edit:

I have also tried using a program that created an excel file that i could import into google, but i dont think it synced the calendar and also created a bunch of duplicate contacts, some of which didn't have numbers and other problems so i'm trying to stay away from that unless someone has a more clear walkthrough that i can follow

for the time being i have turned off calendar sync and only sync contacts, but i would like to sync the calendar as well...is this happening for any1 else? i would normally troubleshoot myself for things like this but i would rather not have to worry about sending out the same invites over and over everytime my attempted solution does not work...

Last edited by kern417; 09-06-2010 at 11:15 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff
Re: Google Sync Calendar Issues

bumpp
Old 09-09-2010, 11:41 AM
Volunteer Newsie
Pocket PC: NS4G
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

beathookup is keeping up the good workbeathookup is keeping up the good work

I just did my first sync yesterday and my wife received an email about our anniversary weekend a few months ago. I just went through and placed all of my school classes and work schedule on the Google Calender but now I can't seem to get them to sync to my phone now. Look forward to some help for myself and the OP
Old 09-09-2010, 10:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

i'm just happy to hear someone else is having the same issues and its not just me. Well not happy but...you get the idea

Any help would be appreciated
Old 12-29-2010, 12:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rglover1168 is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to rglover1168

Did anyone ever find a solution to this I have the same problem. My wife's phone sends old invitations whenever I setup calendar sync with google apps
Old 12-29-2010, 03:12 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

You guys are all using the built-in "Sync & Notifications", correct?

I don't have this issue, and sync across both OSes using GSync.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I didnt find a solution so i just had to uncheck syncing the Calendar which really sucks. I basically only sync contacts now

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2