PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2011, 03:53 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Fastest working build

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrottleAbuse View Post
Ok. I just tried it with them. Seems super freakin slow at first. Then after awhile it works fine. Not sure if I did it right as I just dropped the graloc and libGLES files into my andboot folder.
Well, the only way putting those files in the andboot folder would work is if you changed the bind mount statement in your froyo.user.conf file. If you look, by default it's trying to mount those files from the root of your SD. So either move the files to the root of your SD, or change the bind mount statement.

As for the sluggishness, probably that stupid system_server crap. Make a phone call to voicemail (always works for me) or go to Maps or Places (doesn't always seem to work for me, not sure tho).

Hope that helps!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rhodium

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Well, the only way putting those files in the andboot folder would work is if you changed the bind mount statement in your froyo.user.conf file. If you look, by default it's trying to mount those files from the root of your SD. So either move the files to the root of your SD, or change the bind mount statement.

As for the sluggishness, probably that stupid system_server crap. Make a phone call to voicemail (always works for me) or go to Maps or Places (doesn't always seem to work for me, not sure tho).

Hope that helps!
yea the vm sh*t is prolly the sickest fix yet lol did it today for the first time, and then proceeded to burst into laughter
Old 01-04-2011, 10:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

ThrottleAbuse is just getting started

Thanks Arrrghh. I will try that. Didn't seem to notice a difference.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:51 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrottleAbuse View Post
Thanks Arrrghh. I will try that. Didn't seem to notice a difference.
The graphics improvements don't make a huge difference in general performance (that you can see/feel), I've just heard games work better. I think the gralloc fix definitely netted some higher scores in graphics performance tests... not sure if the libGLES got any performance gains, but a lot of people said Angry Birds works better... I love how that's the benchmark lol; I don't play the game so I don't know if the performance is any better or not.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:56 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

If anyone is interested, I took WisTilt2 kernel posted by arrrghhh (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-androi...yboard-bl.html) and combined it with Tiad8's 3d driver and other files (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-androi...e-testing.html) to create a new All-In-One package you can extract to your SD card (uses andboot directory); you can follow my original post (with Tiad8's 1232 Kernel) here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-androi...ml#post2017935.

Here's the link:
All-In-One-Package with WisTilt2 kernel

It's pretty fluid and fast. I got a score of 621 on Quadrant. Keyboard backlight works great and when it goes into deep sleep, the LED is solid green.

However, sometimes my TP2 is sluggish when it boots into Android so what I do is power it down (not reboot), power it on in WinMo and then launch haret.

Last edited by ndno; 01-05-2011 at 01:13 AM.
This post has been thanked 10 times.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:35 AM
Volunteer Newsie
Pocket PC: NS4G
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

beathookup is keeping up the good workbeathookup is keeping up the good work

@ndno - Thanks a bunch for taking time to combine everything together. I have not been able to get any packages up and running correctly. Where exactly are you placing all of these files, and also how are you getting them to boot up correctly? I would really love to try out all the new fixes people are brewing up but cannot figure out how to install them. I watched Tiad's movies but I'm just not fully getting the gist of what is being done. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:13 AM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
If anyone is interested, I took WisTilt2 kernel posted by arrrghhh (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-androi...yboard-bl.html) and combined it with Tiad8's 3d driver and other files (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-androi...e-testing.html) to create a new All-In-One package you can extract to your SD card (uses andboot directory); you can follow my original post (with Tiad8's 1232 Kernel) here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-androi...ml#post2017935.

Here's the link:
All-In-One-Package with WisTilt2 kernel

It's pretty fluid and fast. I got a score of 621 on Quadrant. Keyboard backlight works great and when it goes into deep sleep, the LED is solid green.

However, sometimes my TP2 is sluggish when it boots into Android so what I do is power it down (not reboot), power it on in WinMo and then launch haret.

Thanks man! Downloading now and i will give a test drive! The sluggishness is not you there is some nasty system hang sometimes that causes this with most of the builds!

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
Old 01-05-2011, 01:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TouchPro2

pcmanager is becoming a great contributor

Simple Android BootUp Works For Me On TP2 Sprint

1. Download All-In-One-Package with WisTilt2 kernel and extract on your pc, you will get one folder with all files in it named ANDBOOT.

2. Format 1 gig micro sd card to fat 32. Save U files if you like.

3. Copy extracted folder ANDBOOT from pc to root of micro sd card. Put card back in phone.

4. With phone in Windows Mobile make sure to turn off Overclocking if you use it. Use file explorer and go to root of storage card, click on ANDBOOT folder and then click on HARET.EXE. Windows Mobile OS will close and Android will begin booting....... lots of small white text scrolling on screen, pausing sometimes, be patient and let it load. You will then see small droids flying on your screen for sometime..... let it load. Finally the home screen will come up after approximately 3 to 5 minutes.

5. If you have no Carrier signal shut down Android and then remove your sim card. Boot back to Windows and then click the haret.exe file again and you should be able to make calls and use data, internet.

Similar guides have been posted on this and a guide here might help you get up to speed also...... *ANDROID

Quote:
Originally Posted by beathookup View Post
@ndno - Thanks a bunch for taking time to combine everything together. I have not been able to get any packages up and running correctly. Where exactly are you placing all of these files, and also how are you getting them to boot up correctly? I would really love to try out all the new fixes people are brewing up but cannot figure out how to install them. I watched Tiad's movies but I'm just not fully getting the gist of what is being done. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by pcmanager; 01-05-2011 at 01:08 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 running XDANDROID full time
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

skyguy04 is just getting started

You've been thanked ndno! Awsome work.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:54 PM
Volunteer Newsie
Pocket PC: NS4G
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

beathookup is keeping up the good workbeathookup is keeping up the good work

Thanks pcmanager I didnt know to create a new andboot folder and was just adding files to my own folder. Everything is up and running just need to get all my apps back

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2