PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 08:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint

s2jpark is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bluetooth

Anybody know if bluetooth is completely fixed. I have been trying the GB version and it works great except bluetooth fails to sync to my car/toyota entune console. Wondering if anyone else has entune and trying to sync to android TP2? Thanks
Old 06-05-2012, 09:01 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: Bluetooth

It's flaky.

Some, it works great. Others, not at all. Some, it's partial.

It'll probably never be 100% - some people said WinMo's BT was flaky so our BT radios might just be junk.

Good luck.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:12 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

s2jpark is a n00b

thanks for the info. hoping it would work. I only installed it get the toyota app to sync with the car. I may go back to Wm. but i think the developers are doing anawesome job. I never thought xdandroid would be this refined for the tp2. its near ccmplete from what I can tell.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:51 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2jpark View Post
thanks for the info. hoping it would work. I only installed it get the toyota app to sync with the car. I may go back to Wm. but i think the developers are doing anawesome job. I never thought xdandroid would be this refined for the tp2. its near ccmplete from what I can tell.
Curious if it does work in WinMo for you.

Also, you said the 'GB version' - so GBX0C? There's a ton of options, especially between HaRET and NAND. Different kernels, etc... but I'm not sure if BT works any better in one or the other - I wouldn't think so, but you never know. Perhaps it's gotten better in the 3.x kernels...
Old 06-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

s2jpark is a n00b

I didn't know but thanks for the great XDANDROID build (I seem to be using yours, GB0C). I'm new to android and really like your build. Hopefully the bluetooth issue will get resolved eventually. I've tried the froyo build but nothing else. I guess too much of a newbie at this time.

Yes it works in WM for me. I tried pariing it in android and it paired the first time for audio/phone and sync contacts but never was able to sync after that. No syncing for internet either.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
I didn't know but thanks for the great XDANDROID build (I seem to be using yours, GB0C). I'm new to android and really like your build. Hopefully the bluetooth issue will get resolved eventually. I've tried the froyo build but nothing else. I guess too much of a newbie at this time.

Yes it works in WM for me. I tried pariing it in android and it paired the first time for audio/phone and sync contacts but never was able to sync after that. No syncing for internet either.
Sounds like it's working fine then. I don't know what you mean "syncing for internet" or "syncing for contacts" - if BT pairs and connects, then it's working...
Old 06-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

s2jpark is a n00b

Sorry..My car downloads all contact information (which it did the 1st time) but after the 1st time was unable to sync contacts and unable to connect through bluetooth.

My Toyota entune (stereo) has a internet connection feature which supposed to access the internet through brluetooth as long as you also run the android Toyota entune app. This never worked (also doesn't work in WM). Also no syncing of music in android (but does sync with WM). Hopefully this helps. Thanks again.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:51 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Sorry..My car downloads all contact information (which it did the 1st time) but after the 1st time was unable to sync contacts and unable to connect through bluetooth.

My Toyota entune (stereo) has a internet connection feature which supposed to access the internet through brluetooth as long as you also run the android Toyota entune app. This never worked (also doesn't work in WM). Also no syncing of music in android (but does sync with WM). Hopefully this helps. Thanks again.
:shrug:

Not going to get fixed anytime soon, if at all. Development is really winding down... and BT has really never worked well. The dev that enabled it kinda fell off the face of the earth, so there's really no one that has picked up troubleshooting it either.

Regardless, nothing gets fixed without logs.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2