PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2010, 10:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: verizon

young0ne is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12.19 3d package with better performance for testing

haret is saying for the new drivers u posted no such file or directory any help please
Old 12-19-2010, 11:04 PM
VIP Member
Carrier: Sprint

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiad8 View Post
1- The reason I want to use andboot is because I have way TOO many stuff on my SDcard and like to keep the Android stuff organized under andboot. OK

2-I'm using your zImage and modules in the zip file, should I use 11.26 3D driver, correct? you can use both drivers

3-If 11.29 gives better performance, why would I use 11.26?. i said in the previous post. you will get different performance. 11.26 all the new kernel updates won't work but it faster for me. to be honest im going to stay with this kernel for a long time. i don't use BT or CAMERA, sometimes wifi but wifi works for me. battery, 15-20 hrs per full charge.

4- Can't 11.29 be used with old kernels?. YES. with the 11.29 all the new kernel works. so you have try the combination that works for you. and again you will get different performance.

good luck. thanks
OK, thanks again. Just tried 11.29 and got 564 on Quadrant Standard Edition

I'm using a Class 6 MicroSd card so not sure why I'm 100 pts below your score. Gonna try 11.26 now and see if it's better.

tiad8, what distribution are you using as the base and then overwriting it with your zip file: the one posted by Reefermatness (FX03)?

Last edited by ndno; 12-19-2010 at 11:14 PM.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:29 PM
VIP Member

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
OK, thanks again. Just tried 11.29 and got 564 on Quadrant Standard Edition

I'm using a Class 6 MicroSd card so not sure why I'm 100 pts below your score. Gonna try 11.26 now and see if it's better.

tiad8, what distribution are you using as the base and then overwriting it with your zip file: the one posted by Reefermatness (FX03)?
Yeah, I think I'm not doing something right, getting 554 on 11.26.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: windows 7
Carrier: SPRINT HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Threadstarter

tiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
ok, thanks again. Just tried 11.29 and got 564 on quadrant standard edition

i'm using a class 6 microsd card so not sure why i'm 100 pts below your score. Gonna try 11.26 now and see if it's better.

Tiad8, what distribution are you using as the base and then overwriting it with your zip file: The one posted by reefermatness (fx03)?
yes, frx03
Old 12-20-2010, 01:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/22.414; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

because I keep seeing this mentioned, a class 6 card is most likely not going to give you the best performance for android. It has high throughput, but Android has more random read/write. Class 6 cards are optimized for throughput at the expense of poorer random read/write.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint Sero

docnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i know im gonna sound stupid but where do we put the files from the folder? ie the*.so files should we choose 1 and place it in the root of the SD card or what?

Edit : i copied over the modules and intrd and zimage and startup to the andboot folder
i copied froyo.user.conf to the andboot\conf folder (copying over the older version)
i also copied bootanimation.zip and build.prop to the andboot folder
then copied the 4 files from 11.26 etc... folder to root of sdcard
Booted hared reached the bootanimation looked smooth had an error "process system .....( i forget the exact words) force close or wait i clicked wait waited 10 minutes nothing happened and reset

Did i misplace a file somewhere? any help is appreciated.

Edit 2 restarted and went again to haret ran it and it worked this time so booted reached the lock screen
tried unlocking
process android.process.acore is not responding force close or wait , so i force closed and it seems to be running waited a bit but no repeat of the error so am running quadrant now. Score 546 run neocore got a score of 18

i thought maybe i did something wrong and checked the system info in quadrant and it showed 3d drivers was openGLE ES-CM 1.1, MSM7230 so it looks like i got everything right ? did i miss something im thinking 22 FPS on neocore would be preety good not sure why im not getting it though.

also just a note ran Fps2d avg 30 stdev 5.1

HTC Universal-->Imate Jam(HTC Magician)-->Imate K-jam(HTC Wizard)-->HTC Mogul-->Touch Pro-->Touch Pro 2-->wonder what the next windows phone is going to be ??

Last edited by docnas; 12-20-2010 at 02:23 AM.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:19 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/22.414; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

because I keep seeing this mentioned, a class 6 card is most likely not going to give you the best performance for android. It has high throughput, but Android has more random read/write. Class 6 cards are optimized for throughput at the expense of poorer random read/write.
Is a Class 10 better? natemcnutty, I know you're working on the NAND boot; is there likely going to be a working version with the user file system (data.img) resident in NAND instead of the SD card? That will make stuff run a lot faster.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

tiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by docnas View Post
i know im gonna sound stupid but where do we put the files from the folder? ie the*.so files should we choose 1 and place it in the root of the SD card or what?

Edit : i copied over the modules and intrd and zimage and startup to the andboot folder
i copied froyo.user.conf to the andboot\conf folder (copying over the older version)
i also copied bootanimation.zip and build.prop to the andboot folder
then copied the 4 files from 11.26 etc... folder to root of sdcard
Booted hared reached the bootanimation looked smooth had an error "process system .....( i forget the exact words) force close or wait i clicked wait waited 10 minutes nothing happened and reset

Did i misplace a file somewhere? any help is appreciated.

Edit 2 restarted and went again to haret ran it and it worked this time so booted reached the lock screen
tried unlocking
process android.process.acore is not responding force close or wait ???
1- i know im gonna sound stupid but where do we put the files from the folder? ie the*.so files should we choose 1 and place it in the root of the SD card or what? YES CHOOSE A FOLDER WITH DRIVERS. 11.26 3D OR 11.29

2- TO MAKE THIS EASIER AND SIMPLE. CREATE A FOLDER IN ROOT SD CARD AND NAME IT "PERSONAL" THEN ADD EVERYTHING THAT IS NOT ANDROID RELATED. THEN PUT EVERY SINGLE FILE "ANDROID" RELATED IN ROOT SD CARD.

3-process android.process.acore is not responding force close or wait ???. IF YOU GET THAT A LOT, YOU DOING SOMETHING WRONG. AND IF THAT HAPPEN JUST CLICK WAIT.

MY PHONE TAKE ABOUT 35-40 SECOND TILL I SEE THE LOCK SCREEN.

HOPE THIS HELP. THANKS
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint Sero

docnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

@tiad thanks for the reply

But I got pass that error and it looks good i ran a a few benchmarks on the first run the scores werent impressive(quadrant 546 neocore 18 ) but on a second run quadrand gave me a 594 so it seems it needed time to settle in will run neocore again now.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by docnas View Post
@tiad thanks for the reply

but i got pass that error and it looks good i ran a a few benchmarks on the first run the scores werent impressive(quadrant 546 neocore 18 ) but on a second run quadrand gave me a 594 so it seems it needed time to settle in will run neocore again now.

nice look. thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snap20101219_222912-1.jpg (15.5 KB, 13 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2