PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2010, 12:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

JJSmith23 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
pressing volume button causes to reboot

hi, is this something that's being worked on because i haven't heard about it. this is for the froyo reference latest build. this happens occasionally i would say 4 out of 10 times other than that the phone is pretty stable
Old 10-22-2010, 01:02 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: pressing volume button causes to reboot

Calls aren't so stable in general, especially for CDMA. Yes it's being "worked on" - but that term is being used very loosely here. It's not like there's a paid developer that is assigned to the task If someone figures it out, makes a breakthru... so be it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:27 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

JJSmith23 is a n00b

thanks for the response.

when you said calls not stable what exactly do you mean like making and receiving calls? so far i haven't had any problems with calls maybe because i don't get too many phone calls. this happens when i lower the volume when listening to radio, streaming video or just by lowering volume alone it reboot it self.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:33 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

JJSmith23 is a n00b

now i know what you're talking about. i just checked my voicemail, when i lowered the volume it reboot itself. POS lol
Old 10-22-2010, 03:49 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Yea, Android is far from perfect on our phones dude... CDMA seems to be a bastard child as well since it's only really used in the US.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

backslash is a n00b

Glad I'm not the only one having this issue. I just go under settings -> sound -> volume and manually adjust it from there. Trouble is, it makes an annoying ringing sound to verify your volume setting which interrupts your listening. But having the Rhapsody app work on my TP2 make it worth it!
./../==/\...<==/...\..../.../_/_/.../../
.\____\/....\_____/../________/_/
Old 10-30-2010, 07:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC6800

animeva is a n00b

my prob is when im talking on the phone, somewhere in the middle the call goes to speaker phone and that mutes the mic. Then if i try to end the call or just do anything, the startup screensaver comes up and i cant stop it. Only way to stop all of this craziness is to take out the battery. That is the biggest pain.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:55 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeva View Post
my prob is when im talking on the phone, somewhere in the middle the call goes to speaker phone and that mutes the mic. Then if i try to end the call or just do anything, the startup screensaver comes up and i cant stop it. Only way to stop all of this craziness is to take out the battery. That is the biggest pain.
Yup, I've had this personally happen in Android. I just try to avoid calls like the plague while in Android. I've had a few people call me of course, and it's almost always met with trouble.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:08 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; MSM Build/MASTER) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Making and receiving calls works quite well for me actually. The only time I have issues is when trying to adjust in call volume. I just leave it at something comfortable.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2