PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 01:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod 400)
Carrier: Sprint

tpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] New Kernel (Battery Status testing!!)

alright thx for the info
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: U.S. Cellular

drynaps is just getting started

Thanks for this kernel.

I have installed Test5 and I noticed a couple of things. The plug-n-play detection of the phone on USB is almost perfect, aside from the fact that I don't have any drivers for CDC Abstract Control Model (ACM) and CDC ACM Data.

Also my WIFI turns on, but when it starts scanning for a network it turns off. Do you know what may be going on?

Thanks,
-.Drynaps
Old 10-05-2010, 10:17 AM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by adusumilli View Post
First Thanks for the hard work Guys. One thing I noticed is when I try to connect to laptop,phone tries to connect as usb mass storage and I can't see any data on sdcard after wards using OI file Manager.
That is because your phone is probably auto-mounting your SD card. I use Dual Mount SD, that way the card is accessible both within android and from the computer at the same time.

Last edited by drynaps; 10-05-2010 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Quoted the wrong post
Old 10-05-2010, 10:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc pro 2
Carrier: sprint

adusumilli is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by drynaps View Post
That is because your phone is probably auto-mounting your SD card. I use Dual Mount SD, that way the card is accessible both within android and from the computer at the same time.
Thanks. I will try that.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Thanks for this kernel.

I have installed Test5 and I noticed a couple of things. The plug-n-play detection of the phone on USB is almost perfect, aside from the fact that I don't have any drivers for CDC Abstract Control Model (ACM) and CDC ACM Data.

Also my WIFI turns on, but when it starts scanning for a network it turns off. Do you know what may be going on?

Thanks,
-.Drynaps
Those are just for ADB. The Android SDK has the drivers and tools if you want to set that up.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:28 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Those are just for ADB. The Android SDK has the drivers and tools if you want to set that up.
I do have the android sdk, but it does not seem to be able to find any drivers for those two items. Can you point me to the right folder?

Thanks!
Old 10-06-2010, 06:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
I do have the android sdk, but it does not seem to be able to find any drivers for those two items. Can you point me to the right folder?

Thanks!
If you use the SDK manager, it is an option you have to check to download. It will be located under android-sdk-windows\usb_driver

Another option is to grab Droid Explorer which I believe will take care of it for you. Droid Explorer
Old 10-07-2010, 10:16 AM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
If you use the SDK manager, it is an option you have to check to download. It will be located under android-sdk-windows\usb_driver

Another option is to grab Droid Explorer which I believe will take care of it for you. Droid Explorer
I must have misunderstood you originally.

I have all that, and it works fine for ADB connectivity. Droid Explorer works fine, but I still have those two items hanging without any connectivity. Are those items the ones that are used for USB Tethering? Based on the research I have done, it seems like they may be the drivers that make it act as a modem in order to be able to send to it AT commands.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: WM 6.1

iworld is a n00b
Re: [TESTING] CONCLUDED! (For the time being...)

First of all, thank you so much for your great job. The battery meter is improved substantially and I truly appreciate your efforts to help us out.

I have been experiencing a problem with this new kernel though. I can not get my data (3G or 2G) connection work. If I use the old kernel, it is working fine but not with this new one. My device is Touch Pro Rach800 with Sprint. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:25 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: [TESTING] CONCLUDED! (For the time being...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iworld View Post
First of all, thank you so much for your great job. The battery meter is improved substantially and I truly appreciate your efforts to help us out.

I have been experiencing a problem with this new kernel though. I can not get my data (3G or 2G) connection work. If I use the old kernel, it is working fine but not with this new one. My device is Touch Pro Rach800 with Sprint. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
A) This is the TP2 section.

B) You shouldn't be running this code anymore... notice that it says testing has concluded? Please use a kernel from the autobuild service.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2