PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2010, 01:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

damage_them is keeping up the good workdamage_them is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND boot testing. Test 5: SOUND!!!!/Test 7: Single NBH/Serialno/tilt2 fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
hmm i just commited the kernel. 3d was not working before this update. It was posted earlier on the haret release, but nand had more steps to get it working.
ok cool..ill be looking out for that update
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
natemcnutty : i enabled 3d on nand. You can sync and build a new kernel.

Not sure if there will be any performance benefits to the haret version but im interested to see if you guys notice anything.

You may need to modify your tinboot code so hw3d.force=0 is no longer used. Just erase it or set it to 1. At some point we will do away with the 3d checking in general.

Thanks
Compiling right now. Will upload as soon as it is done.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Compiling right now. Will upload as soon as it is done.
did you guys check out the battery update..i dont know if you guys saw it..maybe u can take the battery fix from it??? and put it in the new modules??
Old 09-29-2010, 02:34 AM
VIP Member

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by damage_them View Post
did you guys check out the battery update..i dont know if you guys saw it..maybe u can take the battery fix from it??? and put it in the new modules??
That has been one of the major things ACL has spent his time working on lately.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
you know im one of the kernel devs right? lol.. course i have the batt code. But right now its not fully working on the rhod. Issue is that the temperature isn't reading properly so android shuts down because it thinks its overheating. I'm running it myself to see if we can correct the issue but chances are we might release it and just fool the system the temperature is low so it can run.

The code needs to be cleaned a bit too so it can get commited to haret kernel. It affects all devices so its tough commit something like it since all the devices depend on it.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
That has been one of the major things ACL has spent his time working on lately.
great!! will it be in this release??
Old 09-29-2010, 02:41 AM
VIP Member

OK, here's the new zImage and modules. Decided to go ahead and switch my primary phone over to NAND boot to test these. We'll see how it tomorrow. No bluetooth means I have to get Wince back on here, but at least it'll give me some time on my cdma phone to test

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11790134/20100928-g453cb06.zip

Last edited by natemcnutty; 09-29-2010 at 02:50 AM.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
OK, here's the new zImage and modules. Decided to go ahead and switch my primary phone over to NAND boot to test these. We'll see how it tomorrow. No bluetooth means I have to get Wince back on here, but at least it'll give me some time on my cdma phone to test

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11790134/20100928-g453cb06.zip
ill test um..but shouldnt there be a tinboot update also? which is suppose to enable 3d or its just the zimage and modules??
Old 09-29-2010, 03:01 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
ill test um..but shouldnt there be a tinboot update also? which is suppose to enable 3d or its just the zimage and modules??
I haven't compiled tinboot before. ACL said it might require an update, but I'd have to clone and compile that as well. The wife has been yelling at me to come to bed for a half an hour now, so if that needs to be compiled, someone let me know and I'll take care of it in the morning.

It looks like Wozz set it all up with a script to make it, but I'm going to have to look through it tomorrow to see what I have to do to force 3d on and compile it.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
I haven't compiled tinboot before. ACL said it might require an update, but I'd have to clone and compile that as well. The wife has been yelling at me to come to bed for a half an hour now, so if that needs to be compiled, someone let me know and I'll take care of it in the morning.

It looks like Wozz set it all up with a script to make it, but I'm going to have to look through it tomorrow to see what I have to do to force 3d on and compile it.
ok..testing resumes tmr ..ill be looking out for the updates to test um

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2