PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010, 08:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: telus

Jikuim is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Gen.Y dual boot error

So, so far my series of events have been :

Purchase Telus HTC PT2 phone. Research. Boot android from WM6.1, fiddle around, not do much. Flash phone to Sprint ROM (WM6.5 and Sense 2.5), boot android, fiddle around more. SMS works, 3G data works, calling works, app downloading works, WiFi works. Go to install a Manilla HTC ROM, because I dislike the Sprint one constantly trying to verify my device in weird ways. Image corrupts or something, so I'm stuck in the bootloader. Re-install Telus original ROM because the Manilla one refuses to work. Install Gen.Y dual booter cab because I've decided that with such good android functionality, I'd like to boot straight into it. Boot android normally once to set up, ect, but upon this boot, WiFi won't work, 3g data won't work. Soft reset to try the Gen.Y dual booter, and I get "An error occursed on sub__main_bootandroid Win32exception Continue?".

So my questions are : Why did I lose functionality in Android? Is it because of the Telus ROM that the phone has, or does that even matter. And secondly, how the heck do I make Gen.Y work? It's installed to device, and all of my android files are on the root of my SD.

Edit : Nevermind, I got the functionality back. It would seem that it's largely based on having the settings turned on in WM. I had both Wifi and Data turned off in my original set up, now that I've turned on WiFi and Data they both work in Android.
Still can't make Gen.Y work though, still getting that error.

Last edited by Jikuim; 03-22-2010 at 08:55 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2