PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 01:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE
Carrier: Sprint

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313
Any way to sync Outlook calendar?

Ive tried adding the calendar widget and adding a calendar, but it's grayed out. Am I missing something? Or is this just not possible yet?
Old 03-13-2010, 02:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

krusty46 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Any way to sync Outlook calendar?

You can download "google sync" and sync your PC/outlook with a google account.
I believe Missing Sync will do it as well, but I don't recall any straight way to sync Android with Outlook
Old 03-14-2010, 02:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

newedeh is a n00b

Are you talking about syncing an exchange calendar. If you are i've been down this road. So far the droid has an app called corporate calendar that syncs your calendar to the one you have associated to your email. The apk can't be installed normally. You haft to place it in the system/app folder on the root of the system file. System.sqsh to be exact. If you doin't the app will crash. I ended up having to extract the system.sqsh on a linux box and manually add the apk to that directory. I then recreated the file and put it back on the device....works like a charm. If you don't want to go through all of this headache you can pay for an app called touch down........
Old 03-14-2010, 06:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE
Threadstarter

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by newedeh View Post
Are you talking about syncing an exchange calendar. If you are i've been down this road. So far the droid has an app called corporate calendar that syncs your calendar to the one you have associated to your email. The apk can't be installed normally. You haft to place it in the system/app folder on the root of the system file. System.sqsh to be exact. If you doin't the app will crash. I ended up having to extract the system.sqsh on a linux box and manually add the apk to that directory. I then recreated the file and put it back on the device....works like a charm. If you don't want to go through all of this headache you can pay for an app called touch down........

Basically yeah, we use Outlook exchange server. Id like my appointments from my work email/calendar to show up on my Android calendar. But what you just said hurt my head, so uhhh I think ill deal without it lol
Old 03-16-2010, 07:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

compuw22c is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by newedeh View Post
Newedeh, thanks for your response on this issue, I've just recently started using MrPippy's android build for the TP2 and being fairly proficient with linux (enough not to need any hand-holding or long-winded how-tos) would like to attempt your method. I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction as to where I could locate the "Corporate Calendar" application. Is there somewhere I might find this available for download, or must it be extracted from an actual droid itself. Thanks for your help!
Old 03-16-2010, 10:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

bjhill2112 is keeping up the good workbjhill2112 is keeping up the good work

Google has a special desktop app that syncs your Exchange calendar to your Google calendar. It runs on a timer, shortest interval is 10 min.

http://www.google.com/support/calend...y?answer=89955

You can set it up to be 2 way, Google to Exchange only, or Exchange to Google only. My machine at work is always on, so I just installed it there (yay for being a developer and having full admin to my work box!). Otherwise you'd have to have Outlook on a home machine connected to your work exchange server.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

animez is keeping up the good workanimez is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.3521/1030; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

I'm using google sync 2-way and it work very well. Keeps exchange, GCal, WinMo and Android synced perfectly.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:42 PM
N00b

dub24 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to dub24

The Google Sync will work but I think the point of this thread is to have separate calendars for your Work Exchange and your Google. I know myself that I wouldnt want them to comingle :P
Old 03-19-2010, 05:36 PM
Lurker

newedeh is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by compuw22c View Post
Newedeh, thanks for your response on this issue, I've just recently started using MrPippy's android build for the TP2 and being fairly proficient with linux (enough not to need any hand-holding or long-winded how-tos) would like to attempt your method. I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction as to where I could locate the "Corporate Calendar" application. Is there somewhere I might find this available for download, or must it be extracted from an actual droid itself. Thanks for your help!

Yeah no problem. Like I said just extract the system.sqsh to a folder and throw these files into the system/app folder. Recreate the file using I believe a 3.x version of the squash fs and replace it on your device. The second file is for the corporate calender.

edit.
Arg I thought I had attached the files. You can get it from here
http://android.x-1337.net/apps/2.0.1/

Its the motocal.apk and motogal.apk

Last edited by newedeh; 03-19-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

animez is keeping up the good workanimez is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.18302/1030; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub24
The Google Sync will work but I think the point of this thread is to have separate calendars for your Work Exchange and your Google. I know myself that I wouldnt want them to comingle :P
You can have multiple calendars in GCal but google sync only syncs your primary calendar. So you could always set up a "personal" calendar if you need to go the google sync route.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2