PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2010, 08:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: USCC

123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to 123sit
Re: Wireless Tethering - Android and your TP2

Been using this for a while and it works great.
Attached Files
File Type: apk xdandroid-tether[1].apk (328.4 KB, 67 views) Click for barcode!
Old 10-17-2010, 08:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bit1 is becoming a great contributor

It works!! Thank you so much ! Wohoo. Another point for Android. With Bluetooth that'll be it for me. No reason to boot into WinMo anymore. I still love the old girl but it's time to put her to rest.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:42 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKnight View Post
I agree that this would be nice to have, however it would be almost pointless at the current state with lack of Power management. I can only get 3 1/2 hours of life on a full charge as it is and the Wi-Fi tether would kill it in prolly 1 1/2 hour. If you want to be able to tether through Wi-Fi, your best bet ATM is using the HTC program in Windows.
sucks for you man, i easily get 6+hrs out of Android..and ive done nothing special... and why cant you be charging while Wifi Tethering??
Old 10-18-2010, 10:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 / Rhodium

Hugo381 is keeping up the good workHugo381 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
sucks for you man, i easily get 6+hrs out of Android..and ive done nothing special... and why cant you be charging while Wifi Tethering??
His post is from back in March, doubt anyone was getting that much battery life back then as you mention.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:05 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123sit View Post
Been using this for a while and it works great.
Thanks 123 and thanked.

The problem Im having is that the Internet is slow with android tethering.

I was using skype with a video call and it was very pixelated and choppy video. I switched to windows and it was more clear.

Is there anyway I can speed up the tethering connection on android?

Old 10-19-2010, 10:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

xcuter is a n00b

when using wireless tethering will sprint charge extra for it?
Old 10-20-2010, 10:15 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
The problem Im having is that the Internet is slow with android tethering.

Is there anyway I can speed up the tethering connection on android?
I've noticed my data connection in Android is slower than in WinMo - so I would say that's the choke point, not the actual tether cxn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcuter View Post
when using wireless tethering will sprint charge extra for it?
Nope... I don't know if they have an 'app' for it but so long as you use the built-in OS methods (like the xda apk or the HTC tether in WinMo) you won't get charged. Supposedly if you 'abuse' it Sprint will cut you off... I use it pretty frequently, never had an issue or upcharge for it on my bill.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC6800

animeva is a n00b

has anyone been able to secure their wireless hotspot using the app? I can share it when its wide open, but if i had a WEP, it doesnt work, it just tries to connect and doesnt ask for a Password
Old 10-21-2010, 03:26 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeva View Post
has anyone been able to secure their wireless hotspot using the app? I can share it when its wide open, but if i had a WEP, it doesnt work, it just tries to connect and doesnt ask for a Password
I think it goes back to the no WEP support in Android for our devices. I haven't done it in a while, but the app doesn't have an option for WPA/WPA2?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I think it goes back to the no WEP support in Android for our devices. I haven't done it in a while, but the app doesn't have an option for WPA/WPA2?
Nope, only option is WEP encryption.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2