PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010, 11:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: USCC

EnemasRfun is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android running on US Cellular data service

never mind lol

Last edited by EnemasRfun; 03-22-2010 at 11:10 AM. Reason: discovered the answer shortly after posting
Old 03-22-2010, 11:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6875
Carrier: uscc

dude420420 is just getting started

EDIT: ITS WORKING NOW WOOT! Major props to EVAL.

in options.smd1 i added the user #phone at the top of the list. Also it was defaulting to a captiol U for some reason.

2nd EDIT: Major props to Clifftrue as well for posting the exact steps to fix this

Last edited by dude420420; 03-22-2010 at 11:26 AM.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

eval- is keeping up the good workeval- is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytethegroove View Post
for the "fix File"
what do we name it
fix.?
fix.exe
fix.bat
fix.sh

which one?
thanks
byte
Hi. It doesn't matter what you name it, in Linux endings do not matter. As long as you are consistent and you type "chmod +x /sdcard/fix.sh" if you named it fix.sh, for example, and then call it by the right name. Any luck?
Old 03-22-2010, 11:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude420420 View Post
EDIT: ITS WORKING NOW WOOT! Major props to EVAL.

in options.smd1 i added the user #phone at the top of the list. Also it was defaulting to a captiol U for some reason.

2nd EDIT: Major props to Clifftrue as well for posting the exact steps to fix this
And a LOT of credit to Makkonen and MrPippy, who have been telling y'all to play with pap-secrets for a while now =p And of course, to phh and stinebd, who will make this all very easy to do in the Android GUI soon... I hope...

Also, many thanks to Jafterdark, who let me remote-control his screen at 4am and tinker with adb until we (finally!) figured out the ESN@uscc.net for him. (But yours may be PHONE@uscc.net * PHONE, etc.. or even something else?? Or nothing at all? Crazy USCC )
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6875
Carrier: uscc

dude420420 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by eval- View Post
And a LOT of credit to Makkonen and MrPippy, who have been telling y'all to play with pap-secrets for a while now =p And of course, to phh and stinebd, who will make this all very easy to do in the Android GUI soon... I hope...

Also, many thanks to Jafterdark, who let me remote-control his screen at 4am and tinker with adb until we (finally!) figured out the ESN@uscc.net for him. (But yours may be PHONE@uscc.net * PHONE, etc.. or even something else?? Or nothing at all? Crazy USCC )
I would've never known how to play with the pap-secrets without assistance. But they all do deserve the same credit.

I am located in Wisconsin too and i used my cell # and not the ESN.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

clifftrue is becoming a PPCGeeks regularclifftrue is becoming a PPCGeeks regularclifftrue is becoming a PPCGeeks regularclifftrue is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude420420 View Post
I would've never known how to play with the pap-secrets without assistance. But they all do deserve the same credit.

I am located in Wisconsin too and i used my cell # and not the ESN.
For me it was the options.smd1 that was the magic pill. I had already tried the pap-secrets with no luck. So it takes both for mine to work.

Also, this morning I booted up to Android and performed my steps 24-29 again and it did not work. (after you have the files in /sdcard these are the only steps you need to repeat.) Tried again and it works. So not sure how consistant it is.

eval- I have gave you a couple of Thanks on your posts to show support for you. I tried the script and it did not work. I will report back later after I tinker a while to figure out if was something I did. Thanks again.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6900

Popasmurf is a n00b

I attempted to try this where I live and it does not work. Anyone know how to verify what I'm using in WM? I feel stupid asking, but I can't remember...
Old 03-22-2010, 02:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifftrue View Post
Tried again and it works. So not sure how consistant it is.

eval- I have gave you a couple of Thanks on your posts to show support for you. I tried the script and it did not work. I will report back later after I tinker a while to figure out if was something I did. Thanks again.
UPDATE: I am an idiot. I forgot the "user " before the phoneOResn#@uscc.net in options.smd1
For those of you who need the options.smd1 file, this is why my "fix" script failed. I Fixed Fix =) So, try again? G'luck! (and sorry about that)

Thanks! =) To be honest I did not test the script, so I would love if I could get feedback (and update it, if necessary.) I don't have USCC or need a pap-secrets file, so it's kinda hard for me to test. Can you let me know whether after you "su" and "/sdcard/fix" the right values get put into /etc/ppp/pap-secrets and to the last line of /etc/ppp/options.smd1? There is always the (annoying) possibility that the shell (/bin/sh) that comes with XDAndroid (ash?) does not quite behave like bash and that my script won't work. In regular linux, you can do something like "sh -x script" (so in our case "sh -x /sdcard/fix" and it will show you what the script is doing, line by line. If you could run that, maybe we can figure out if I made a stupid oops.

Last edited by eval-; 03-22-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

clifftrue is becoming a PPCGeeks regularclifftrue is becoming a PPCGeeks regularclifftrue is becoming a PPCGeeks regularclifftrue is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eval- View Post
UPDATE: I am an idiot. I forgot the "user " before the phoneOResn#@uscc.net in options.smd1
For those of you who need the options.smd1 file, this is why my "fix" script failed. I Fixed Fix =) So, try again? G'luck! (and sorry about that)

Thanks! =) To be honest I did not test the script, so I would love if I could get feedback (and update it, if necessary.) I don't have USCC or need a pap-secrets file, so it's kinda hard for me to test. Can you let me know whether after you "su" and "/sdcard/fix" the right values get put into /etc/ppp/pap-secrets and to the last line of /etc/ppp/options.smd1? There is always the (annoying) possibility that the shell (/bin/sh) that comes with XDAndroid (ash?) does not quite behave like bash and that my script won't work. In regular linux, you can do something like "sh -x script" (so in our case "sh -x /sdcard/fix" and it will show you what the script is doing, line by line. If you could run that, maybe we can figure out if I made a stupid oops.
I tried to execute the script through two different programs and neither of them create or append the files. I created a script to perform the two copy statements from my instructions and neither of those work either. Here is my code...

#!/bin/sh
busybox cp /sdcard/pap-secrets /etc/ppp/pap-secrets
Busybox cp /sdcard/options.smd1 /etc/ppp/options.smd1

If I manually type these in a terminal window they work, but the chmod +x /sdcard/usccfix that I created from your post (with the 'user' added in front). My file is located at /sdcard/ and a file named usccfix (no extension)

May be the programs I am using or scripts not working yet??
Old 03-22-2010, 03:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
busybox cp /sdcard/pap-secrets /etc/ppp/pap-secrets
Busybox cp /sdcard/options.smd1 /etc/ppp/options.smd1
Well, definitely don't capitalize Busybox. What programs are you using?

I am actually typing things in by hand, using "Better Terminal Pro" but remember, I am doing so in super-user (root) mode by typing "su" first.
Perhaps you need to make sure your script programs run in su/root mode?

(Another possible issue: Maybe your script (and mine) should end in .sh? When I tried to download my "fix" file using Android's browser it said filetype unsupported. But when I renamed the file on my server to fix.sh it allowed me to download. So there is a chance your script programs [??] require scripts to end in .sh ?)

PS. What are these script programs? Maybe we can make the fix script easier for people by using a GUI click-and-run solution, instead of requiring people to go into a console and type out "su" and "/sdcard/fix"

Quote:
If I manually type these in a terminal window they work, but the chmod +x /sdcard/usccfix that I created from your post (with the 'user' added in front). My file is located at /sdcard/ and a file named usccfix (no extension)

May be the programs I am using or scripts not working yet??
Hehe. I'd say maybe yes I can type it by hand and it works (that's how I figured out I forgot the 'user ' part) so I know the script is OK... but it has to be +x ("chmod +x scriptname") to make it executable, and it has to be run as root ('superuser' why we type "su" before entering commands.) Although I think when I downloaded it from the web it was already +x / executable... don't know if that will be true for copies over USB too...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
uscc data 3g cdma