PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 02:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

mardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by surge View Post
Supposedly when you run haret, it kicks everything out of memory so how you got into it shouldn't make a difference.

I also read a blurb about the slimmed down ROM used for people who want Android to have more memory. This goes against haret kicking everything out of memory and goes along with what you are seeing.

Does anyone know for sure which is correct?
That's what I thought too, but I remember reading how people were complaining on how much faster Android runs on Android phones. I sat there thinking it's pretty fast to me on my phone, and sometime it runs faster then windows, but not anymore after installing the new custom rom there's a lot of staggering.

Old 03-17-2010, 02:43 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardukeme View Post
I installed Mr. X latest rom today, and notice Android isn't as snappy as it was when I was just using just a plain stock Sprint rom. Using just windows Mr. X's rom is just fine but in Android it staggers. Anybody else notice this?
I run Xrom and have no issues....
Old 03-17-2010, 02:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

surge is keeping up the good worksurge is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardukeme View Post
That's what I thought too, but I remember reading how people were complaining on how much faster Android runs on Android phones. I sat there thinking it's pretty fast to me on my phone, and sometime it runs faster then windows, but not anymore after installing the new custom rom there's a lot of staggering.
To the point of Androids phone running faster, it's probably due to the real Android phones are running Android from their internal flash and on our TP2, we are running from an SD card.

If it gets to the point of a real flash of the TP2, we should see an increase in performance.
GSM Dev Thread: Click here
Latest Kernel and Module: Click here
Old 03-17-2010, 02:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

Quote:
Supposedly when you run haret, it kicks everything out of memory so how you got into it shouldn't make a difference.

I also read a blurb about the slimmed down ROM used for people who want Android to have more memory. This goes against haret kicking everything out of memory and goes along with what you are seeing.

Does anyone know for sure which is correct?
The problem I have with this theory is that if this were completely true then why would changing backlight settings in winmo affect how android runs?

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker

sfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuff

Quote:
To the point of Androids phone running faster, it's probably due to the real Android phones are running Android from their internal flash and on our TP2, we are running from an SD card.

If it gets to the point of a real flash of the TP2, we should see an increase in performance.
any possibility that the performance issues are a result of whether the user installs the tnyynt sd card tuneup in winmo?

Not sure how much winmo drivers would effect android speeds, but I could imagine that the sd card speeds are tested on haret load ...

Interest in tech law? Check out my Intellectual Property and Technology blog
Old 03-17-2010, 02:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

surge is keeping up the good worksurge is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX View Post
The problem I have with this theory is that if this were completely true then why would changing backlight settings in winmo affect how android runs?
One way to have a better idea would be if we all used a common benchmark program and posted the results as well as what Windows ROM was being used and what type of memory card.. brand, size, class
Old 03-17-2010, 03:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spring

JustusIV is a n00b

Quote:
One way to have a better idea would be if we all used a common benchmark program and posted the results as well as what Windows ROM was being used and what type of memory card.. brand, size, class
First link on google.
http://androidbenchmark.com/
I am down, will bench here in a minute
Old 03-17-2010, 03:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX View Post
For starters, think of the phone as a PC, you have your BIOS and then the OS. Sometimes setting things in your OS will adjust the BIOS setting. Same would hold true possibly on how the phone is working, changing the Backlighting setting is changing it in the underlying bios which keeps that setting following through to the next OS. I could be wrong though, just guessing.

As far as stock Android phones being faster, no doubt. They are booting to internal flash which is tons faster than a Storage Card. So it is bound to be faster.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: sprint

icevapor is just getting started

I have a sprint tp2, I killed everything but benchmarkpi and advanced task manager.

I have 3dhw enabled, out of a folder in sdcard rather than in root. Stock rom, not yet unlocked w/ my contacts on it and a couple of programs (like updated opera and gmaps.)

I tested it a 10 times (kept clicking no thinks and running it again). Here are the results:

Anyone up for a comparison?

edit:
Kernel: using kernel posted like 5(ish) pages backw/ the tssc fix.
SD Card: 1g san disk - standard one that came w/ my old tp(1).

Last edited by icevapor; 03-17-2010 at 03:58 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

webctbill is a n00b
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2 GPS??

Yesterday my GPS was wrking in android and today It's not.

Anybody ever get theirs working?

Bill

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2