PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 05:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

eyeballz is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to eyeballz
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

go make dinner soon. come back during while watching boob tube and you will be at least 4 pages behing this evening :

Droid....Does....TP2....."Better"
Old 03-09-2010, 05:19 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustusIV View Post
Do you think when they start working on bluetooth that its as soon as its going it will support A2DP?
Thats the only way i use bluetooth, so i am just wondering.
klinux over at XDA has BT w/ A2DP "working". It's still a little bootsy, but it's close

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=5775833
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Sprint

neilson is keeping up the good workneilson is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

We need to have someone on xda or PPCGeeks working exclusively on sound, and see if the tricks used on the Vogue port will also work here.

A Sound leader, that's what this project needs.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:30 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilson View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

We need to have someone on xda or PPCGeeks working exclusively on sound, and see if the tricks used on the Vogue port will also work here.

A Sound leader, that's what this project needs.
+1
even though the vogue has totally different hardware someone might be able to get something from it

Old 03-09-2010, 05:31 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

locomariachi: OK, if you want to repartition your sd card, here's the super bare bones instructions on how to do it. There's probably an easier way, but a quick google search doesn't get me any closer to knowing what it is. WARNING: GParted is a powerful tool. If you touch your main hard drive with it, you can trash everything in an instant and be left with an unbootable computer. Be wary.

Backup your SD Card.
Download Ubuntu 9.10.
Burn to CD.
Boot into Ubuntu.
Connect your phone to the computer, in Mass Storage mode (from WinMo).
Open GParted. (From System menu -> Administration)
Select the SD Card. (Be Careful -- Here be dragons)
Delete ALL partitions.
Make 1 Primary partition, of type FAT32.
Reboot to Windows.
Replace your Android files.
Load Android.
Hope it worked.
Curse my name if it didn't.

Option 2:
Convince the devs to make the initramfs and rootfs boot correctly off these strangely-partitioned sd cards. This is a much trickier proposition, and involves social engineering and persuasion skills outside the scope of this tutorial.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2 and THE Moment. tp2_4sale
Carrier: THE NOW NETWORK

ps3evader is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by skruff77 View Post
im on verizon and i get 3g network this is cool. i was reading that pople on verizon cant get network but i got it. lol now i just need to test mms to see if it works
hey man let us know how it works
Old 03-09-2010, 05:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

-=OG=- is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
The android folder no longer works. (It was conflicting with apps that created their own android folder in the sdcard, so it was changed.) If you still want to segregate your android files, change the android folder to 'andboot'.

Or you can add rel_path=whatever to your cmdline (in startup.txt) and then use whatever directory. (You need the latest initrd.gz for this to work correctly, though.)

It is not time sensitive, it's just touch sensitive... that is, very touch sensitive. If you look at what you have there, it's 5 sets of x,y coordinates, and your second and third pair are essentially the same. Meaning it read the second point twice, making the third and fourth points wrong.

If you have trouble with the calibration, just reboot to winmo and delete ts-calibration from your android folder on your sdcard. It will run the calibration again on the next boot.

I would take that link down, simply because it confuses the issue. That's 95-Civic's old build, which contains a few out-of-tree hacks. This is the new one that's a little closer to lining up with the mainline development.

I know post 1 says Sprint only, but I'd try it with Verizon anyway. The problem (at least as I know it, I haven't spoken with MrPippy about it) tends to be with carriers that require a username and password to connect to data, and I don't actually think Verizon does so. I know a few months ago when people were getting up and running with the RAPH500, it could connect to data without all the trouble that USCC et al were giving.

I could be wrong on that count, though. (There are a number of other issues that could cause a problem.) Can anyone confirm, up or down, whether data's working on Verizon?
Yes! Data is working on Verizon. Followed the steps in the first thread and didn't have any problems. Much props to Mr. Pippy!!!!
Old 03-09-2010, 05:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

fraggy4 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=OG=- View Post
Yes! Data is working on Verizon. Followed the steps in the first thread and didn't have any problems. Much props to Mr. Pippy!!!!
By the steps in the first thread, what do you mean? I can't find the steps for Verizon data.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

fishpony is becoming a great contributor

Put all the files in the ROOT of your SD card and try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliverr7x View Post
I need some help alright I dl the easy zip to my sd card I made a new folder in my sd card and unziped the contents to the android folder I opened it up and hit haret.exe it started up but for the ninth time I keep getting can not find root of sd card Root.rs needs to be unzipped to the root of sd card... I tryed brand new sd card and I have never had a problem with civics builds,Enless I am missing something about the root of the sd card and were to but it. thanks
Old 03-09-2010, 05:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spring

JustusIV is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post
klinux over at XDA has BT w/ A2DP "working". It's still a little bootsy, but it's close

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=5775833
So is that on the gsm side of things?
basically just needs to be ported over to the cdma?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2