PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 02:30 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedoig View Post
Not sure if anyone else follows the IRC channel, but no2chem has jumped on board for Rhodium/Android development. He also mentioned a possible future update to his clock control program for MSM7xxx. Apparently bzo has control of the processor in increments of 19.2mhz under linux thanks to some of no2chem's notes. Exciting stuff...
This is awesome news!! Thx!!
Old 03-09-2010, 02:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

TorgoJohnson is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by superevilllama View Post
I have noticed the rebooting issue too with this build. It seems after about 4 or so reboots everything seemed to work ok without any more reboots.
The second time I booted into Android, it froze up while initializing, and I had to do a battery pull. It booted back into Windows Mobile just fine though, and I have had no problems booting into Android since.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

mrrogers1 is keeping up the good workmrrogers1 is keeping up the good work

I noticed the reboot issue too but only today after I tried the "All in One" zip. I ran most of the day yesterday on Android after using the "long" instruction method. Not sure what that is about but this is the first time I have ever seen it auto-reboot. I have used Civic's old one and again, the "long" instructions too without issue.

I'll see if letting it reboot a few times helps as posted above.

Thanks!
Old 03-09-2010, 02:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

taziz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrogers1 View Post
I noticed the reboot issue too but only today after I tried the "All in One" zip. I ran most of the day yesterday on Android after using the "long" instruction method. Not sure what that is about but this is the first time I have ever seen it auto-reboot. I have used Civic's old one and again, the "long" instructions too without issue.

Thanks!
It seems like my phone is fried, I tried flashing the stock rom but it reboots right when I see the Windows 6.1 splash screen. I've left it to reboot about 6 or 7 times.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:54 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrogers1 View Post

Thanks!
Just curious, the long method and the short method is the same thing, not sure how that would make any difference? Only difference is who pieced it together.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: USCC

EnemasRfun is a n00b

firstly, hello all, i've never posted but i've been a long time follower of the android tp2 threads including civic's work. secondly, i know nothing about development, and thirdly, i have us cellular and just booted up the 3.8.10 build of android, and noticed that the 3G seems to seem like it is only sending, and not receiving (i got this by looking at the flashing arrows). i saw that mr. pippy said he wasn't sure about data on USCC, so i'm just pointing this out
Old 03-09-2010, 03:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

eyeballz is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to eyeballz

hw3d.force=1 added to startup.txt gives you beta hardware 3d acceleration using latest zimage kernell...

im not sure what differences are present but it does load some apps quicker and transitions seems smoother....not smooth but smoother for apps that have multiple page redraws and such.

Anyone else experimenting with this in thier start up file.

There isnt a lot of feedback on this yet so i was just wondering how many brave users we have trying this out?
Old 03-09-2010, 03:16 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 View Post
Just curious, the long method and the short method is the same thing, not sure how that would make any difference? Only difference is who pieced it together.

Thx I was going to say the same thing......
Old 03-09-2010, 03:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

NxtGenCowboy is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to NxtGenCowboy

Works great for me so far, downloaded some apps, made some calls, send some texts.. works really good... I almost rather use Android that Windows Phone.

Once some ringers work, it'll be great!

The only issue I ran into was text messages do not set off vibrate, only phone calls.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the Titanic.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

superevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnemasRfun View Post
firstly, hello all, i've never posted but i've been a long time follower of the android tp2 threads including civic's work. secondly, i know nothing about development, and thirdly, i have us cellular and just booted up the 3.8.10 build of android, and noticed that the 3G seems to seem like it is only sending, and not receiving (i got this by looking at the flashing arrows). i saw that mr. pippy said he wasn't sure about data on USCC, so i'm just pointing this out
Having used Android on the Vogue, I can say that you need to make sure your phone is provisioned for data in WINMO first before running android. If you just flashed, and then are tryign to run android and expect data to work it won't. I did this and had the sending arrow be the only one flashing as well. After provisioning data in winmo and then going back to android, it worked without a problem. Good luck!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2