PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 01:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

do we always download the top most post on the kernel page? http://glemsom.anapnea.net/android/htc-msm-android/
or are we supposed to look for a label that designates that it's for our tp2s? i noticed the newest ones say diamond on top... so i was just wondering...
Old 03-10-2010, 01:07 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Carrier: Sprint

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Every kernel posted there is compatible with every device. The notes are all user-generated, and just have to do with whoever has tested it, and whatever device they have tested it with.

Grab the one at the top. If it doesn't work (it sometimes happens, if a bug got committed and no one noticed), grab the next one down. All of them are compatible.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
Every kernel posted there is compatible with every device. The notes are all user-generated, and just have to do with whoever has tested it, and whatever device they have tested it with.

Grab the one at the top. If it doesn't work (it sometimes happens, if a bug got committed and no one noticed), grab the next one down. All of them are compatible.
thanks, i nkow the original post here says to download the latest, but wanted to make sure that they're all compatible. good stuff, time to test outt he new one.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
do we always download the top most post on the kernel page? http://glemsom.anapnea.net/android/htc-msm-android/
or are we supposed to look for a label that designates that it's for our tp2s? i noticed the newest ones say diamond on top... so i was just wondering...
As mentioned, the kernel is generic to multiple devices. The reason the older kernels are still there is to see the change logs from the past as well as, sometimes a new kernel with new features might break something old, so you might have to drop back down a kernel to fix it.

Edit: Sorry Mak beat me to it!
Old 03-10-2010, 01:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Q and HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

defiantone is keeping up the good workdefiantone is keeping up the good workdefiantone is keeping up the good work

I hate to sound like a complete idiot...but how do I remove the sim card from the verizon tp2? I can't see the diagram well enough to make sense of it..
and for Xandroid.. I saw that my phone had 3 signal bars..but that data connection wasn't working nor could I make a call... any ideas?
Thanks..
I'm determined to test the latest version...
Old 03-10-2010, 01:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6875US Touch Pro 2
Carrier: USCC

skuddy is keeping up the good workskuddy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by defiantone View Post
I hate to sound like a complete idiot...but how do I remove the sim card from the verizon tp2? I can't see the diagram well enough to make sense of it..
and for Xandroid.. I saw that my phone had 3 signal bars..but that data connection wasn't working nor could I make a call... any ideas?
Thanks..
I'm determined to test the latest version...

look at the top of the battery spot above ur sim card. theres a little divot on there. jam ur stylus in there and pry it out. no joke. thats what the diagram is telling you to do.

edit: i still haven't got this to boot.

Current Rom: MR.X 2.5 21903 + CHT 1.8.5

Last edited by skuddy; 03-10-2010 at 01:30 PM. Reason: do not bloat post count
Old 03-10-2010, 01:31 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Ok, here is the latest package (3/10/10) all updated. All in one package. Just throw all files on root and launch haret.exe.

Same link as before, it is also posted on PG.1 of op.

They are dated. The one you want is 3.10.10. Also do not forget to give thanks to Mr. Pippy of course!!!(donation to him would also be great) Please also give thx to matthewb57 for the file hosting!

Have fun!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...1&postcount=69

Last edited by flyers2114; 03-10-2010 at 01:49 PM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:50 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
Ok, here is the latest package (3/10/10) all updated. All in one package. Just throw all files on root and launch haret.exe.

They are dated. The one you want is 3.10.10. Also do not forget to give thanks to Mr. Pippy of course!!!(donation to him would also be great) Please also give thx to matthewb57 for the file hosting!

Have fun!

removed mine.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:54 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 View Post
removed mine.
Cool!!! Now I am going to go play with this....have not had much time to play with it at all really...hey btw did you find a way for mms??
Old 03-10-2010, 01:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post

Have fun!

Can't get data and phone working with this latest file. Anyone else? Past versions have worked fine.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2