PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2010, 04:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Newbe is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Thanks but after I downloaded the current file, where do I go from there. Which explains why I am a NEWBE. Again, I have never done anything like this b4. Looking 4 help only
Thanks
Old 05-25-2010, 04:41 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: U.S. Cellular

nevergonnauseth is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to nevergonnauseth Send a message via Yahoo to nevergonnauseth

http://www.jbpcrepair.com/mackie/TP2...20Development/

download the recent one, format your sd card to fat32, unzip everything to the card, use the file explorer and click on haret.exe

and seriously dude, read any of the stickied threads.

Last edited by nevergonnauseth; 05-25-2010 at 04:42 AM. Reason: typing on a netbook causes errors
Old 05-26-2010, 01:58 AM
Lurker

Newbe is a n00b

download the recent one, format your sd card to fat32, unzip everything to the card, use the file explorer and click on haret.exe

and seriously dude, read any of the stickied threads.

I have read the threads, but with no experience adding any type of development, its all foriegn language to a Newbie like me.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: alltel

solcam is a n00b
Thumbs down Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

OK. I have a friend with an HTC Hero. Is there anyway to write his phone structure to my alltel touchpro to make it run android 2.1 as defalut OS?
I just upgraded his sprint Hero to 2.1, and at first his bluetooth didnt work and does now. Or is there a way to cook a rom from his to flash to mine/yours/anyones?
Old 05-30-2010, 12:01 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by solcam View Post
OK. I have a friend with an HTC Hero. Is there anyway to write his phone structure to my alltel touchpro to make it run android 2.1 as defalut OS?
I just upgraded his sprint Hero to 2.1, and at first his bluetooth didnt work and does now. Or is there a way to cook a rom from his to flash to mine/yours/anyones?
You cannot replace WM with Android, but you can actually install an autoloader that starts android when your phone boots.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:12 PM
Lurker

madamealaina is a n00b

(posted on another thread but thought I'd try here too)

I have no data!! I've searched everywhere and tried ever suggestion I can find before posting up. I've got the Sprint version so I tried with and without the SIM, nothing works. I've tried deleting the data.img file and starting that from scratch, nothing... I've tried different versions of the rootfs.img as I've seen recommended, nothing...

Originally it was starting in airplane mode but after several boots, that stopped. When I hold the power button, it says airplane mode is off and Mobile network is on. When I go to setting/wireless & networks, I scroll to mobile network it is checked but it says 'disconnected because the radio was turned off'. The movile networks option beneath to set the options is blacked out. I check the box next to the top mobile network and it opens the box to be connected to the internet. I click it again and it sais that it is turning it on but it never does.

Have I tried everything? Is there no way for me to be able to use Android? It makes me sad cuz I like the OS but it is pointless for me to use it if it makes my phone no longer a phone... Please help!!
Old 06-02-2010, 02:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

NeoMatrixJR is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by madamealaina View Post
(posted on another thread but thought I'd try here too)

I have no data!! I've searched everywhere and tried ever suggestion I can find before posting up. I've got the Sprint version so I tried with and without the SIM, nothing works. I've tried deleting the data.img file and starting that from scratch, nothing... I've tried different versions of the rootfs.img as I've seen recommended, nothing...

Originally it was starting in airplane mode but after several boots, that stopped. When I hold the power button, it says airplane mode is off and Mobile network is on. When I go to setting/wireless & networks, I scroll to mobile network it is checked but it says 'disconnected because the radio was turned off'. The movile networks option beneath to set the options is blacked out. I check the box next to the top mobile network and it opens the box to be connected to the internet. I click it again and it sais that it is turning it on but it never does.

Have I tried everything? Is there no way for me to be able to use Android? It makes me sad cuz I like the OS but it is pointless for me to use it if it makes my phone no longer a phone... Please help!!
What zimage/modules version are you using? Is your data/radio working properly in WinMo? What android apps have you installed? Are you getting signal bars (or perhaps bars with the "x")?
Old 06-02-2010, 06:49 PM
Lurker

madamealaina is a n00b

I have tried the most current versions of the build (flashes Klinux across the top when booting) as well as the 2 previous versions. Everything works properly in WM, phone and data. I've tried with no apps installed as well as the apps it automatically selects to install. I'm getting no signal at all.

The latest that I got from it was "process android.process.acore is not responding". That message popped up the last time I booted into it. It then asked if I wanted to force or wait for a response. Selecting either option did nothing to give me 3g access.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic with Cyanogenmod 7

jamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I first I would remove the your old android folder and replace and then I would install the sense cab 06/01/2010 in the android cab.

Please click on the view hyperlink to download the latest Sense Cab 06/01/2010. View
  1. Copy to SD card
  2. Install: This .cab has to be installed directly to your SD card or it will not work!
  3. Soft Reset your handset
  4. Run Project Android (MJGDroidUtil.exe) from your new start menu icon and enjoy!
Please don't forget to thank me.

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:24 PM
Lurker

madamealaina is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamice4u View Post
I first I would remove the your old android folder and replace and then I would install the sense cab 06/01/2010 in the android cab.

Please click on the view hyperlink to download the latest Sense Cab 06/01/2010. View
  1. Copy to SD card
  2. Install: This .cab has to be installed directly to your SD card or it will not work!
  3. Soft Reset your handset
  4. Run Project Android (MJGDroidUtil.exe) from your new start menu icon and enjoy!
THANK YOU!!! It took a few tries but I now have full signal and 3g! You are my savior!!!

Last edited by madamealaina; 06-03-2010 at 03:39 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2