PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1841 (permalink)  
Old 05-25-2010, 04:14 AM
Newbe's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6
Reputation: 0
Newbe is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Thanks but after I downloaded the current file, where do I go from there. Which explains why I am a NEWBE. Again, I have never done anything like this b4. Looking 4 help only
Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #1842 (permalink)  
Old 05-25-2010, 04:41 AM
nevergonnauseth's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: U.S. Cellular
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 44
Reputation: 20
nevergonnauseth is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to nevergonnauseth Send a message via Yahoo to nevergonnauseth
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

http://www.jbpcrepair.com/mackie/TP2...20Development/

download the recent one, format your sd card to fat32, unzip everything to the card, use the file explorer and click on haret.exe


and seriously dude, read any of the stickied threads.
__________________

Last edited by nevergonnauseth; 05-25-2010 at 04:42 AM. Reason: typing on a netbook causes errors
Reply With Quote
  #1843 (permalink)  
Old 05-26-2010, 01:58 AM
Newbe's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6
Reputation: 0
Newbe is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

download the recent one, format your sd card to fat32, unzip everything to the card, use the file explorer and click on haret.exe


and seriously dude, read any of the stickied threads.
__________________

I have read the threads, but with no experience adding any type of development, its all foriegn language to a Newbie like me.
Reply With Quote
  #1844 (permalink)  
Old 05-27-2010, 04:47 AM
solcam's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: alltel
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 8
Reputation: 15
solcam is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

OK. I have a friend with an HTC Hero. Is there anyway to write his phone structure to my alltel touchpro to make it run android 2.1 as defalut OS?
I just upgraded his sprint Hero to 2.1, and at first his bluetooth didnt work and does now. Or is there a way to cook a rom from his to flash to mine/yours/anyones?
Reply With Quote
  #1845 (permalink)  
Old 05-30-2010, 12:01 PM
[sammich]'s Avatar
Retired Moderator
Offline
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,039
Reputation: 10109
[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by solcam View Post
OK. I have a friend with an HTC Hero. Is there anyway to write his phone structure to my alltel touchpro to make it run android 2.1 as defalut OS?
I just upgraded his sprint Hero to 2.1, and at first his bluetooth didnt work and does now. Or is there a way to cook a rom from his to flash to mine/yours/anyones?
You cannot replace WM with Android, but you can actually install an autoloader that starts android when your phone boots.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #1846 (permalink)  
Old 06-01-2010, 12:12 PM
madamealaina's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Ahwatukee, AZ
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 13
Reputation: 0
madamealaina is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

(posted on another thread but thought I'd try here too)

I have no data!! I've searched everywhere and tried ever suggestion I can find before posting up. I've got the Sprint version so I tried with and without the SIM, nothing works. I've tried deleting the data.img file and starting that from scratch, nothing... I've tried different versions of the rootfs.img as I've seen recommended, nothing...

Originally it was starting in airplane mode but after several boots, that stopped. When I hold the power button, it says airplane mode is off and Mobile network is on. When I go to setting/wireless & networks, I scroll to mobile network it is checked but it says 'disconnected because the radio was turned off'. The movile networks option beneath to set the options is blacked out. I check the box next to the top mobile network and it opens the box to be connected to the internet. I click it again and it sais that it is turning it on but it never does.

Have I tried everything? Is there no way for me to be able to use Android? It makes me sad cuz I like the OS but it is pointless for me to use it if it makes my phone no longer a phone... Please help!!
Reply With Quote
  #1847 (permalink)  
Old 06-02-2010, 02:53 PM
NeoMatrixJR's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 48
Reputation: 45
NeoMatrixJR is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by madamealaina View Post
(posted on another thread but thought I'd try here too)

I have no data!! I've searched everywhere and tried ever suggestion I can find before posting up. I've got the Sprint version so I tried with and without the SIM, nothing works. I've tried deleting the data.img file and starting that from scratch, nothing... I've tried different versions of the rootfs.img as I've seen recommended, nothing...

Originally it was starting in airplane mode but after several boots, that stopped. When I hold the power button, it says airplane mode is off and Mobile network is on. When I go to setting/wireless & networks, I scroll to mobile network it is checked but it says 'disconnected because the radio was turned off'. The movile networks option beneath to set the options is blacked out. I check the box next to the top mobile network and it opens the box to be connected to the internet. I click it again and it sais that it is turning it on but it never does.

Have I tried everything? Is there no way for me to be able to use Android? It makes me sad cuz I like the OS but it is pointless for me to use it if it makes my phone no longer a phone... Please help!!
What zimage/modules version are you using? Is your data/radio working properly in WinMo? What android apps have you installed? Are you getting signal bars (or perhaps bars with the "x")?
__________________
Sprint TP2 running MightyROM
Waiting for Android Port w/ Audio, power management (and batt meter) & Bluetooth
Reply With Quote
  #1848 (permalink)  
Old 06-02-2010, 06:49 PM
madamealaina's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Ahwatukee, AZ
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 13
Reputation: 0
madamealaina is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

I have tried the most current versions of the build (flashes Klinux across the top when booting) as well as the 2 previous versions. Everything works properly in WM, phone and data. I've tried with no apps installed as well as the apps it automatically selects to install. I'm getting no signal at all.

The latest that I got from it was "process android.process.acore is not responding". That message popped up the last time I booted into it. It then asked if I wanted to force or wait for a response. Selecting either option did nothing to give me 3g access.
Reply With Quote
  #1849 (permalink)  
Old 06-02-2010, 11:52 PM
jamice4u's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic with Cyanogenmod 7
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Daly City California
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 404
Reputation: 1170
jamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

I first I would remove the your old android folder and replace and then I would install the sense cab 06/01/2010 in the android cab.

Please click on the view hyperlink to download the latest Sense Cab 06/01/2010. View
  1. Copy to SD card
  2. Install: This .cab has to be installed directly to your SD card or it will not work!
  3. Soft Reset your handset
  4. Run Project Android (MJGDroidUtil.exe) from your new start menu icon and enjoy!
Please don't forget to thank me.
__________________
4G Hotspot tethering with Samsung Epic just start 3G first and then start up 4G otherwise your phone will restart. wifi_tether_v3_0-pre10.apk wifi_tether_v3_0-pre12.apk

Please don't forget to thank me.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 2 times.
  #1850 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2010, 12:24 PM
madamealaina's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Ahwatukee, AZ
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 13
Reputation: 0
madamealaina is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamice4u View Post
I first I would remove the your old android folder and replace and then I would install the sense cab 06/01/2010 in the android cab.

Please click on the view hyperlink to download the latest Sense Cab 06/01/2010. View
  1. Copy to SD card
  2. Install: This .cab has to be installed directly to your SD card or it will not work!
  3. Soft Reset your handset
  4. Run Project Android (MJGDroidUtil.exe) from your new start menu icon and enjoy!
Please don't forget to thank me.
THANK YOU!!! It took a few tries but I now have full signal and 3g! You are my savior!!!

Last edited by madamealaina; 06-03-2010 at 03:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com