PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 11:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

slow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

did I add the line correctly??
Old 03-17-2010, 11:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro 2

jeep447 is just getting started

Sorry man just saw your post...yeah thats how I have it
Old 03-17-2010, 11:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro 2

jeep447 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflynt View Post
Not crazy, that is something that works, but the mic doesn't so not really usable, but is progress in the least!
Ok scratch that man...I'm sorry my wife is a tool...she said she could here me but I just tried to double check...nothing comin from my end...I hope I didnt stir up a bunch of crap...My bad!!! Soooorrrrryyyy!
Old 03-17-2010, 11:38 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

This development was movin fast those first couple days, teasin us huh... =)

Old 03-17-2010, 11:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

As far as where to put the switches, you can put them anywhere in your cmdline as long as it ISN'T the last switch. The switch "physkeyboard=" has to be your last switch. I added this to the FAQ.

And ya, unfortunately the MIC for speakerphone is not currently working!

Last edited by cflynt; 03-17-2010 at 11:54 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx

Quote:
Originally Posted by icevapor View Post
Hey all, I noticed this on another forum and didn't see it here. If you plug in your phone (via wall or usb) before running booting to android, your phone will charge.

I started with 6 bars power (in settings-power) and played w/ my phone for like 1.5hrs and when I came back to wm I still had six bars. So yeah..... try it.

I dont know if you can unplug it after your in android and plug it back in later... try that too.

I am going to not mess w/ it and leave it, see if it gains bars. I know that a "green bar" isn't a really good unit of measurement, but who cares if I get more bars :P..
Quote:
Originally Posted by icevapor View Post
So charging does work if you have the charger plugged in before you boot up android. I gained in bars.in wm after letting it charge in android.

I don't know if you can unplug and replug to charge... someone test it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newedeh View Post
The newest Kernel seems to work with charging.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep447 View Post
Ok i might be crazy but I just added the command line switch for speakerphone and with this kernal my speakerphone works!!! I can hear the person on the other line and she could hear me all through the speaker! Anyone else got this or did i miss something? thanks
The chargering seems to be selective phones. Some people can, others can not. I pointed this out maybe 15 or 20 pages back now, and even tried to ask the irc chat room why mine charges when they all report "Not charging". If you got one that does, your a lucky one. They say it's just something of a form of trickle charge due to the power wattage in the usb cable.
The speakerphone works with the switch placed further back in the command line (Before the keyboard command), but neither of the microphones will trigger when speaker is toggled on. For these two reasons, sound and charging are NOT working... atleast not for everyone. Hope that clears up some of the confusion.

Sound only works in latest kernel. Charging has been working for many kernels now. I noticed it with mine about 4 or 5 kernels ago.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

For those that have been waiting on the final commit for the Touchscreen Double Tap issue, it has finally been posted, thanks MrPippy for posting it. Here is a link to the package:

http://zimages.googlecode.com/svn/au...318_061343.tar

Just delete your zImage and modules from your storage card and put the new ones in place. If you were running the test build, this probably won't give you anything more, but at least it is in the autobuild now.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Tested and commented. At least with this package I can finally get back to the being able to download. Works flawlessly. Still charging for me.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

mrrogers1 is keeping up the good workmrrogers1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflynt View Post
For those that have been waiting on the final commit for the Touchscreen Double Tap issue, it has finally been posted, thanks MrPippy for posting it. Here is a link to the package:

http://zimages.googlecode.com/svn/au...318_061343.tar

Just delete your zImage and modules from your storage card and put the new ones in place. If you were running the test build, this probably won't give you anything more, but at least it is in the autobuild now.
Thanks for posting this, I just happened to pop in to see if there were any updates in the first post. Do you know, is MrPippy going to be updating at least the first thread when a fix or update like this is made? I think we are used to see the actual thread title updated when there is one but I know that hasn't been done since this great ride began.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker

It's not JUST him that's posting the kernels. Mr. Pippy is working on the specific rootfs that we use for cdma, but this update does not change anything in that file. No changes have been made to the rootfs since this thread was made. It's all in the kernel. If you follow the long directions in the first post, you'll have this version with the fix inside it. If you download "all in one" cabs, you'll have to wait until they are updated with it. If you want to update them manually, download the latest zimage from HERE, extract it to your desktop and change the name of the zimage to file so it's just called "zimage" without the quotes. Leaving that folder open, plug i your phone and go to your storage card. When you find the file that conatins a "zimage" and a "modules.wholebunchofnumbershere", delete both of those off the card and replace them with the ones you extract and renamed. Hope that helps people understand the upgrade process a little better.

Last edited by Boominsvx; 03-18-2010 at 06:45 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2