PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2010, 03:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

acleansc4 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Dual-booting Android and Winmo?

Tried it last night, installed to main memory and works as it should...

The latest version of Android works well too on the SD card, simply extract it to the root and run Haret.exe...will be sweet once it's fully functional..
Old 01-31-2010, 03:42 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
It is a simple install of a cab file. On a soft reset, you just pick your OS. As long as you have Android on your storage card you can load it at that point. Nothing hard about it.
i think he still wants info on it running, not loading. wish he would just try it and be done.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by acleansc4 View Post
Tried it last night, installed to main memory and works as it should...

The latest version of Android works well too on the SD card, simply extract it to the root and run Haret.exe...will be sweet once it's fully functional..
I agree. I think once we have data it will really be worth playing with. Right now, there just isn't enough to keep me playing with it. I hope the speed will increase as well as it seems a little laggy and the scrolling it not to smooth either.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
i think he still wants info on it running, not loading. wish he would just try it and be done.
Um okay. It works.

How's that?
Old 01-31-2010, 09:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

RicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
I agree. I think once we have data it will really be worth playing with. Right now, there just isn't enough to keep me playing with it. I hope the speed will increase as well as it seems a little laggy and the scrolling it not to smooth either.
Part of that is lack of hardware graphics acceleration. It's only using software rendering at this point. Hopefully it gets like the HTC Touch/Vouge they have custom Android Roms with 100% everything working.
You know me? I can spot a Swan from a Duck
My approach? Smoother than an Armani tux
Old 02-01-2010, 12:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

sprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoRich196 View Post
Part of that is lack of hardware graphics acceleration. It's only using software rendering at this point. Hopefully it gets like the HTC Touch/Vouge they have custom Android Roms with 100% everything working.
i'm sure it will in time. they released an android for the touch pro the other day (might have just been a duelbooting rom)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2