PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2012, 04:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 (RHOD 500)
Carrier: Verizon

janusman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0B 2.3.7 Build

Verizon CDMA world version - flashed with unlocked GSM radio (using in Tmo)

using the build from the first post in the first page..

The speed s much better than FRX7.1 - at least that's what I felt. much snappier and smooth..

One thing I noticed was - when i restart into Winmo - the time in WinMo's is 4 hrs + the current time. I corrected the time twice - but it happened the third time too I restarted into WinMo.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:24 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by janusman View Post
One thing I noticed was - when i restart into Winmo - the time in WinMo's is 4 hrs + the current time. I corrected the time twice - but it happened the third time too I restarted into WinMo.
This is a very old bug that's addressed in the FAQ mate.

Honestly surprised you didn't experience it in FRX...
Old 04-23-2012, 05:16 PM
N00b

janusman is a n00b

Huh. I don't remember seeing this in FRX 7.0/7.1..

Other thing I noticed is - I am not hearing any ringtones when headphones is plugged in - it s working fine with music.. When the headphones are not connected - it works without any issue.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:52 PM
gof
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

gof is becoming a great contributor
Re: [TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0C 2.3.7 Build

Looking for some input here. I've got a Sprint Touch Pro2 (on SERO of course that I'm trying to keep refreshed as much as possible. I've been using the FRX build for several months now and am fairly happy with it. I tried the GBX0B version, but ran into some instabilities and decided to wait. Now I see there's a new GBX0C and it seems like it might be time to switch. But, I've got a few questions.

1. I see references that the downloadable image has kernal .27, but that there are others all the way up to 3.1. From a speed and stability, should I be looking to use a different one? If so, a pointer on where to read up on them/download them/etc would be greatly appreciated.

2. I'm using Sharkeys ROM on the WM6.5 side. When I look in the \windows\ directory, there are no CSV files. Is this something with the Sharkey ROM, or the Sprint rom, or what? When I tested GBX0B, I just used the ones in the second post (AcousticRHOD400CSV's.zip), but I don't know if that's the best choice. Or do I need to somehow extract the CSV files from a stock Sprint Rom?

3. I've seen references to using a specific brand (and speed) of MicroSDHC card to get the fastest performance. Speed is one issue I've had with the Froyo version, especially in answering the phone. If I'm using another app (like an e-book) it might take 4-5 rings before the slide-to-answer pops up and I can answer the phone. Any pointers to more discussion on this (or direct experience?) I've currently got a 16GB Class 6 RiDATA card which I'm guessing isn't the fastest. I know some cards are great for large files, but blow for small, and others are the reverse so any tips would be great.

Thanks to all the devs on this. New life for an old phone is wonderful!
Old 04-26-2012, 01:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

wizardknight is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gof View Post
Looking for some input here. I've got a Sprint Touch Pro2 (on SERO of course that I'm trying to keep refreshed as much as possible. I've been using the FRX build for several months now and am fairly happy with it. I tried the GBX0B version, but ran into some instabilities and decided to wait. Now I see there's a new GBX0C and it seems like it might be time to switch. But, I've got a few questions.

1. I see references that the downloadable image has kernel .27, but that there are others all the way up to 3.1. From a speed and stability, should I be looking to use a different one? If so, a pointer on where to read up on them/download them/etc would be greatly appreciated.

2. I'm using Sharkeys ROM on the WM6.5 side. When I look in the \windows\ directory, there are no CSV files. Is this something with the Sharkey ROM, or the Sprint rom, or what? When I tested GBX0B, I just used the ones in the second post (AcousticRHOD400CSV's.zip), but I don't know if that's the best choice. Or do I need to somehow extract the CSV files from a stock Sprint Rom?

3. I've seen references to using a specific brand (and speed) of MicroSDHC card to get the fastest performance. Speed is one issue I've had with the Froyo version, especially in answering the phone. If I'm using another app (like an e-book) it might take 4-5 rings before the slide-to-answer pops up and I can answer the phone. Any pointers to more discussion on this (or direct experience?) I've currently got a 16GB Class 6 RiDATA card which I'm guessing isn't the fastest. I know some cards are great for large files, but blow for small, and others are the reverse so any tips would be great.

Thanks to all the devs on this. New life for an old phone is wonderful!
I am using the 3.2 kernel, and it seems slightly more stable, but you can swap them around and see what works best for you. Check this post on the first page for more options.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-tp...ml#post2162454

I am using the cvs files from the first page. You should be ok I think using them.

Go here to read up on the sd card issue. SD Strange-results - or - How I learned to love CM7 on SD - Dec-11 results compiled! - xda-developers
It does make a noteworthy difference. How much depends on how crappy your current read/write times are. I am currently running with a sandisk 4gb cl4 card, and am happy with the overall speed. It is very close to the speeds I got with the NAND build.

Last edited by wizardknight; 04-26-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:18 PM
N00b

janusman is a n00b

Ok - It's stable so far..

1. Got a SOD yesterday for no reason - did not use the mobile for a couple of hours and then could not turn the screen back on. - Calls were routed to voicemail when this happened.
2. (sometimes)Ringtone not audible on earphones/speaker when earphones are plugged in. When I hear some music - (sometimes)am not getting any tone or anything for incoming calls.
3. Out of 150 odd songs only 7 are getting detected in any music software I use. I am pretty sure I had a similar prob before - don't remember how I resolved it.
4. The phone was fast for the first day or 2 - then it became gradually slow. Do not have any widgets in home screens, only gmail sync - android launcher replaced with ADW launcher - all animations switched OFF - still it 's slow now that it was 2 days before.

using everything from first page except for the CVS's which i copied from my phone.

I did not format my SD card before trying this build- will do it today sometime and see if there is a difference..
Old 04-26-2012, 02:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

wizardknight is becoming a great contributor

Thanks for the update arrrghhh.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:14 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardknight View Post
Thanks for the update arrrghhh.
np. As far as bundling these builds goes, I think the only thing left on my plate is the CSV debacle, and perhaps the wifi bug where some have to manually deploy a wifi-nvram.txt file...

Other than that, the remaining bugs seem mostly RIL or kernel related. Don't hold your breath on the RIL bugs...

Keep me posted on issues guys. I haven't seen anything critical that would hold up GBX01 yet...
Old 04-26-2012, 04:01 PM
gof
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

gof is becoming a great contributor

BTW: Does anyone know if the 3.5mm mic is working in this version? Been interested in using a Square CC reader and it wasn't working in FRX.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:04 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gof View Post
BTW: Does anyone know if the 3.5mm mic is working in this version? Been interested in using a Square CC reader and it wasn't working in FRX.
3.5mm... mic? I guess it has a mic plug in it, if you have a special dongle...

Most just use it as the headphone jack. But yes, it's worked for a very long time...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development