PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2011, 09:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

lovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
You asked how to update the kernel, yet you update the rootfs?

Please update to the newest kernel.

Updated the kernel and it all works now.

thanks for the help!
Old 09-02-2011, 12:25 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Updated to FRX07.1 maintenance release. Fixed some outlying bugs, and got everything up to date on the newest hotness. See the changelog for details!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

lovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Updated to FRX07.1 maintenance release. Fixed some outlying bugs, and got everything up to date on the newest hotness. See the changelog for details!
I just tried out 7.1. The way I installed it was to make a copy of my androidboot directory called androidboot.bak. I then copied all the data from the 7.1 full install zip file over the top of my existing androidboot directory.

After this I couldn't get the phone to work. I could place and answer calls, but there was no sound or voice at all. Its like the mic and the speaker just didn't work.

I removed the androidboot directory and moved my .bak one back and it all works fine.

Did I do the install wrong? Should I just create a new androidboot directory instead of installing over the to of a previous one? I didn't see anything in the notes on how to re-install a full install. I already had the new kernel, rootfs running, so I suspect it may be the new RIL that gave issues? Just a guess.

thanks,
dave
Old 09-02-2011, 04:44 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV View Post
I just tried out 7.1. The way I installed it was to make a copy of my androidboot directory called androidboot.bak. I then copied all the data from the 7.1 full install zip file over the top of my existing androidboot directory.

After this I couldn't get the phone to work. I could place and answer calls, but there was no sound or voice at all. Its like the mic and the speaker just didn't work.

I removed the androidboot directory and moved my .bak one back and it all works fine.

Did I do the install wrong? Should I just create a new androidboot directory instead of installing over the to of a previous one? I didn't see anything in the notes on how to re-install a full install. I already had the new kernel, rootfs running, so I suspect it may be the new RIL that gave issues? Just a guess.

thanks,
dave
Hrm, that should have worked based on your description. But let's try this.

Backup everything on the card. Do a full format using the HP Tool. Now, I only want you to restore a few things - ts-calibration, startup.txt and data.img. Put that in your androidboot folder. Then extract everything from the FRX07.1 zip - make sure it all goes in the androidboot folder.

Then give it another shot. Still fails, try a new data.img. If it's still failing... I really don't know. Does regular sound work? As in, non-in-call sounds... Ringtones, etc.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:

Backup everything on the card. Do a full format using the HP Tool. Now, I only want you to restore a few things - ts-calibration, startup.txt and data.img. Put that in your androidboot folder. Then extract everything from the FRX07.1 zip - make sure it all goes in the androidboot folder.

Then give it another shot. Still fails, try a new data.img. If it's still failing... I really don't know. Does regular sound work? As in, non-in-call sounds... Ringtones, etc.
I get no sound, when a call comes in there is no ringing, nothing. I didn't try anything else to see if I could get sound at all.

What happens to the program/apps that I have installed when I remove the androidboot directory? Is there a way I can back that up?

thanks
dave
Old 09-02-2011, 05:25 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
I get no sound, when a call comes in there is no ringing, nothing. I didn't try anything else to see if I could get sound at all.

What happens to the program/apps that I have installed when I remove the androidboot directory? Is there a way I can back that up?

thanks
dave
Everything (installed apps, user information, etc) is in the data.img.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:

OK I did everything except formating the sdcard. I don't have a reader that I can use to format it. It is a brand new card, and I've only used it for Android run over the last couple days.

It is now working. Not sure what happened on the first try, but just restoring startup.txt, data.img seems to have me up and running again.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:38 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
OK I did everything except formating the sdcard. I don't have a reader that I can use to format it. It is a brand new card, and I've only used it for Android run over the last couple days.

It is now working. Not sure what happened on the first try, but just restoring startup.txt, data.img seems to have me up and running again.
You don't need a reader, boot back to WinMo and choose the use ask disk or some such option - it will appear as a USB disk drive in My Computer, just like a card reader would.... Format just as you normally would.

That's for future reference tho, glad it's working now.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Apache->Mogul->TP2-> EVO 3D

Slwitek is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to Slwitek Send a message via Yahoo to Slwitek
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release

Not sure I want to have to reformat and reinstall everything? Anybody running into any difficulties with 7.1? I am running pretty good right now. Think the updated video might affect the slingplayer app and get it to work (or netflix)?

Old 09-04-2011, 05:07 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slwitek View Post
Not sure I want to have to reformat and reinstall everything? Anybody running into any difficulties with 7.1? I am running pretty good right now. Think the updated video might affect the slingplayer app and get it to work (or netflix)?
You don't have to reformat or reinstall everything.

Take your data.img, ts-calib and startup.txt - put them aside. Blast away everything else, grab the full bundle, and put the above files back in. Keep the folder the same (according to rel_path in startup.txt or root of SD) and boot! You'll be all updated with all of your apps/stuff intact.

As for Netflix/Slingplayer - they certainly can't make it any worse .

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development