PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=319)
-   -   [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=145756)

jerryyyyy 07-19-2011 01:13 AM

Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by janusman (Post 2129521)
update:

rebooted again. 3G is working. Am able to call and receive calls. Market is working fine.

Only issue is -while calling - it hangs up for sometime.. after a few tries - it works..

has overclocking worked for anyone so far??? I feel the phone s a little sluggish.

Volume on speaker while on call is too low..any tips??

The overclocking seemed to work on FRX06, but on this one I tried it and it seemed to work, but then it would not boot. I may have the setting too high, but with OCing you really do not get a big jolt of increased performance.

This was the startup file I tried:

Code:

set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 2292
set KERNEL zImage
set INITRD_OFFSET 0x608000
set initrd initrd.gz
set cmdline "lcd.density=240 msmts_calib=0x9f.0x39a.0x35c.0x78 clock_7x00.grp=0xa99 hw3d.force=1 msmvkeyb_toggle=off pmem.extra=1 rel_path=FRX07 north_am_dialing=1 force_cdma=1 board-htcrhodium.is_cdma=1 gsensor_axis=2,1,3 pm.sleep_mode=1 acpuclock.oc_freq_khz=748800 physkeyboard=rhod400"
boot

arrrghhh 07-19-2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerryyyyy (Post 2129562)
The overclocking seemed to work on FRX06, but on this one I tried it and it seemed to work, but then it would not boot. I may have the setting too high, but with OCing you really do not get a big jolt of increased performance.

This was the startup file I tried:

Code:

set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 2292
set KERNEL zImage
set INITRD_OFFSET 0x608000
set initrd initrd.gz
set cmdline "lcd.density=240 msmvkeyb_toggle=off rel_path=FRX07 gsensor_axis=2,1,3 pm.sleep_mode=1 acpuclock.oc_freq_khz=748800 physkeyboard=rhod400"
boot

You had a ton of deprecated commands. I removed them, see above ^^

Also, why the initrd_offset? Shouldn't be needed on .27 kernels - you are running .27, yes?

Might want to try toning down the OC. I have no clue why the OC would work for 06 but not for 07... that doesn't make sense, as I'm sure you agree. I don't OC, but I'll see if I can OC with your values. Different phones seem to be able to hit different levels, so my mileage will almost certainly vary from yours...

jerryyyyy 07-19-2011 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2129632)
You had a ton of deprecated commands. I removed them, see above ^^

Also, why the initrd_offset? Shouldn't be needed on .27 kernels - you are running .27, yes?

Might want to try toning down the OC. I have no clue why the OC would work for 06 but not for 07... that doesn't make sense, as I'm sure you agree. I don't OC, but I'll see if I can OC with your values. Different phones seem to be able to hit different levels, so my mileage will almost certainly vary from yours...

I pretty much copied and edited that script over a few months with the help of people on the forum. In any case, the TP2 boots but seems to reboot randomly afterwards. It seems stable not overclocked, so I think I should step back the OCing.

Do you or anyone recall the increments for the OCing.

arrrghhh 07-19-2011 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerryyyyy (Post 2129646)
I pretty much copied and edited that script over a few months with the help of people on the forum. In any case, the TP2 boots but seems to reboot randomly afterwards. It seems stable not overclocked, so I think I should step back the OCing.

Do you or anyone recall the increments for the OCing.

Well, you can put in any value - it will automatically step the next available clock speed. They're in 19.2khz steps...

For example, if you put in 700000, this will step down to like 692.x...

EyeB 07-19-2011 11:28 AM

WM OC in 19.2 increments so you may want to try it in android since it is still same hardware

solnt 07-19-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solnt (Post 2129559)
Fresh data.img, first thing is install Titanium backup and then move the software to SD card --> message "failed to move application"
I had verified that i have enough stored space to move this apps,
This is a bug or something else pp?

sol

hi arrrghhh,

Could you please take a look at this "thing", i cann't move any apps to SD card.
I will change to newest kernel to see if it is fixed or not, will report back later. :???:

Thanks

sol

arrrghhh 07-19-2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solnt (Post 2129659)
hi arrrghhh,

Could you please take a look at this "thing", i cann't move any apps to SD card.
I will change to newest kernel to see if it is fixed or not, will report back later. :???:

Thanks

sol

Uhm... everything is on the SD card - so what would moving apps to the SD card do? Nothing. Congratulations! :p

jerryyyyy 07-19-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeb (Post 2129655)
WM OC in 19.2 increments so you may want to try it in android since it is still same hardware

Thanks, my WiMo build runs fine at 748. I'll crank this back to around 700 and see what happens. Are others OCing?

I think a lot of this depends on just how good the chip is you happened to draw.

solnt 07-19-2011 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2129664)
Uhm... everything is on the SD card - so what would moving apps to the SD card do? Nothing. Congratulations! :p

Yeah, that's right.
But the data.img which the system auto created just have 256mb, and if i install many apps, it will soon not enough space.
I know that out there have an apps which can extend the data.img file but it's not stable if the size more than 2gb.

That's the reason i want to move some apps to SD card.

Regards

sol

arrrghhh 07-19-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solnt (Post 2129675)
Yeah, that's right.
But the data.img which the system auto created just have 256mb, and if i install many apps, it will soon not enough space.
I know that out there have an apps which can extend the data.img file but it's not stable if the size more than 2gb.

That's the reason i want to move some apps to SD card.

Regards

sol

I've replied to you on xda-devs. Please, don't post identical questions across forums. It severely dilutes the community effort...

I help here just as much as I help there, so there's really no reason to cross-post across forums...