PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=319)
-   -   [BUILD] [GingerBread] CM7 from Neopeek!! **Dev Preview** ClockworkMod! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=142124)

arrrghhh 03-25-2011 02:56 PM

[BUILD] [GingerBread] CM7 from Neopeek!! **Dev Preview** ClockworkMod!

Hey all,

Wanted to post CM7 here for everyone to enjoy.

Neopeek has been working hard to get this build up and running, he's been doing great work!

Neopeek's Original Post - if you wish to see Neopeek's original post about the CM7 topic.

Also, since now I am using his new ClockWordMod method - CWM Recovery thread

As is stated in the title, this is mainly for devs/testers. Lots of things are broken, and there will be frequent updates.

There are two methods to using this build:

1) ClockWorkMod (requires 3 separate ext2 partitions)

2) Loop'd system.ext2 image (like XDAndroid) [In progress]

The benefit of #1 is a dedicated system/data partition, and *partial* USB mass storage support.

The benefit of #2 is, it's easier :p.

I still have to work to get #2 up, but I wanted to post #1 ASAP. Lots of work to flesh out the post to, be patient!

I've been holding off on releasing this CWM version of CM7, because I'm still having a lot of bugs with it. Still needs quite a bit of work, but it's getting late for me tonight - I am going to release it, let me know if you guys make improvements, I'd love to incorporate them!

Main issues seem to be related to my durn CDMA device. Need to break into some logs to see what's goin on, it may be a little while! I think GSM folk will be fine. Let me know!

Downloads

Download #1

How-to
Method #1 (ClockWorkMod)

****WARNING****

If you setup dedicated partitions using this method, normal XDAndroid builds will think that you want to use dedicated partitions. I had to modify the init to get it to work correctly (I basically broke the partition detection in the init). It's not pretty, but I don't know of a better way to resolve that issue - let me know what ideas you guys have!

Setup:
You will need to create three (3) ext2 partitions on your SD card. This is not extremely simple, but by no means impossible :p.

If you're using Windows, I like the Mini Partition Tool. If you're in Linux, I usually use gparted.

This takes a little bit of planning - but in total, I would say you need a minimum of 450mb of space for all three ext2 partitions. So work out how much free space is left (if you want a bigger data partiton, or system partition account for it!) and make that the first partition - FAT32. Make sure all the partitions are "primary", not "logical"! See the partition layout below:

1 - FAT32 Primary (remainder of card)
2 - ext2 Primary (at least 150mb, system partition)
3 - ext2 Primary (at least 250mb, data partition - I wouldn't go over 1gb here)
4 - ext2 Primary (at least 50mb, cache partition)

Don't worry about putting anything in these ext2 partitions, everything is populated by Android and CWM. The FAT32 partition is used to kick off Android, while system, data and cache are all ext2 partitions. Reason for this is, hopefully if things go haywire we can blast out cache, not data ;). Also, it should be easier to update using this method than previously.
  • Extract the file. Look at the folder it created (npkboot). Copy the entire npkboot folder to the root of your SD (for now this is required - the init assumes there's a /sdcard/npkboot/tmp folder). There will also be an update.zip, in this case update-cm-7.0.0-neopeek.zip. Put this at the root of your SD card (this makes finding it in the menu much easier!)
  • Copy the appropriate startup.txt from the STARTUPS folder.
  • Find haret.exe in th npkboot folder. Run it, and watch the boot process carefully! It will ask you to hold the vol down button to enter recovery, and you have 10 seconds to do so.
  • Assuming you manage to do this correctly (I had some trouble at first :p) you should see an icon like a hat. Wait for the menu.
  • Buttons:
    End key - back (back button seems to do this as well...)
    Send key - enter
    Vol up - up
    Vol down - down (menu button seems to do this as well...)
  • If this is the first install, go to "install zip from sdcard". Then "choose zip from sdcard" This will install the system image to the system partition from the update.zip.
  • If you need to wipe the data partition, you can do that under "mounts and storage". You shouldn't need to do this unless you're going from gb -> froyo or visa-versa. Froyo -> froyo should 'just work', as always YMMV.
  • There are A LOT of options in replimenu. The only ones I have used are install, format /data, /system or /cache and Reboot. According to Neopeek, there are several things that should not be used:
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Neopeek
    * Don't use "factory wipe" in CWM (you have been warned :D )
    * Don't use "format sdcard" unless you know what you do (you have been warned :D )
    * Don't use "partition sdcard" unless you know what you do (you have been warned :D )

• Once you've installed Android, go back to the main menu and "reboot system now" There are some bugs, for example "reboot recovery" and "power off" all just reboot the phone to WinMo.
  • Boot haret again, but this time don't hold the vol down to enter recovery - boot as normal!

#2: Much simpler method, similar to XDAndroid builds.
  • Extract the file to your desktop. Go into the CM7 folder, look for the STARTUPS folder - grab the appropriate startup.txt, move it to where haret.exe is.
  • Copy everything in the CM7 folder to the root of your SD card - if you want to run it from a folder, create a rel_path=CM7 statement in your startup.txt after the set cmdline (if you want a different folder, change the CM7.)
  • Grab the ts-calibration file attached to this post (for RHOD), or go to this post for a list of ts-calib's. You can also create your own on boot, but may have to revert to an older kernel to do so.
  • Run haret.exe!

arrrghhh 03-25-2011 02:57 PM

Re: [BUILD] [GingerBread] CM7 from Neopeek!! **Dev Preview** Not Stable!

****Not Working****

CDMA seems broken - still! I did some testing with hyc's RIL and it's still busted, so there's something in the system image messing with it - Airplane mode was checked, and I could not uncheck it.

In addition, phone.apk seems like a forceclosefest. Neopeek did point this out in his original thread...

Mobile data - broken (Fixed soon)

Wifi - broken (Fixed soon)

System needs optimization for RHOD - was originally build with DIAM in mind - so it's a little slow.

Failed wakes seem pretty bad - sometimes it is quite difficult to wake the phone.

Boot animation seems to be not present - I'm looking into fixing it, probably graphics libs if anything that's broke it.

arrrghhh 03-25-2011 02:57 PM

Dev Content

This new method should be great for anyone who wants to make their own updates - you can easily peek into the system image and make changes at will, then just install the new system image! You can even rolll updates instead of an entire system image if you wish.

The script language in ClockWorkMod is called "Edify", see this thread to learn about the syntax. This is related to the META-INF folder you see in the update zip.

There's a few differences in the rootfs', the main being the init. There's also some additional files it looks like neopeek added for Recovery specifically.

ndno 03-25-2011 04:25 PM

Thanks arrrghhh... I already have a separate ext2 partition on my SD card so it sure came in handy. And like you said before, neopeek uses that dedicated ext2 partition... so I'm set to go. Gonna give it a try over the weekend.

teradog 03-28-2011 05:37 PM

Thanks! Keep up the good work... running FRX06 now

tiger2wander 03-29-2011 02:54 AM

Great news, man!

Keep up the good work
I'm very interesting on CM7 :)

Boominsvx 04-04-2011 01:42 AM

What happened to this project? No Method #2?

arrrghhh 04-04-2011 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boominsvx (Post 2079239)
What happened to this project? No Method #2?

I keep (quietly) updating #1, but I can't figure out how to get it to work as a loop'd file system. Someone told me neo changed a lot with the init/rootfs, I need to sort out what... I'll keep plugging away at it, but it's taking longer than I anticipated - perhaps I should remove method #2 for the time being :p.

Boominsvx 04-06-2011 09:54 PM

I played around with this last night, and with the right parts I was able to see why CM7 is so big. I see tons of builds coming out for other phones and ports, but once again, the Rhodium will suffer. This has to be worked out some how. I'll keep plugging away at it and see if I can get something. The new RIL gave me service for calls and texts, but browsers and connections just kept F/Cing. First and foremost... we need to get this into a system-ext2 while I still have some hair left.

ndno 04-06-2011 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2079307)
I keep (quietly) updating #1, but I can't figure out how to get it to work as a loop'd file system. Someone told me neo changed a lot with the init/rootfs, I need to sort out what... I'll keep plugging away at it, but it's taking longer than I anticipated - perhaps I should remove method #2 for the time being :p.

arrrghhh, if you put method #2 up again, I can try to mess with it to see if I can get it working.

Sent from my FRX06-ized TP2

arrrghhh 04-07-2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndno (Post 2081064)
arrrghhh, if you put method #2 up again, I can try to mess with it to see if I can get it working.

That's the problem I can't get the system.ext2 file to boot. It keeps hanging on boot, and I don't get any adb. I hear neopeek changed a lot in the init, and I don't really know what I'm doing mucking around in there to be perfectly honest :p.

Boominsvx 04-07-2011 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndno (Post 2081064)

Sent from my FRX06-ized TP2

He hasn't put #2 up yet because it hasn't been done yet. Neopeek uses a Fat32 partition, an Ext2 partition and a Linux swap-file partition, while XDAndroid uses one Fat32 partition on the SD card. Apparently Neo made some changes and we don't have a system-ext2 of Cyanogenmmod7 yet, but if you'd like, The more people we have putting an effort toward this, the better. I keep ending up with corrupt SD cards from resets and init errors just using the partitioned card. I'd hate to be a noob on neopeek.

EDIT: Woops, sorry arrrghhh. 2 minutes to late.

xddy 04-13-2011 06:08 AM

Does the 3.5mm jack work on CM7? I've been waiting for a long time......

arrrghhh 04-13-2011 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xddy (Post 2084201)
Does the 3.5mm jack work on CM7? I've been waiting for a long time......

As have the rest of us RHOD400/500 users.

It's a kernel issue, not a build issue... so no, the 3.5mm jack does not work in CM7.

natemcnutty 04-14-2011 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2081295)
That's the problem I can't get the system.ext2 file to boot. It keeps hanging on boot, and I don't get any adb. I hear neopeek changed a lot in the init, and I don't really know what I'm doing mucking around in there to be perfectly honest :p.

I just took a peek at this, and yes, it looks like he just merged initrd, rootfs, and system into one file. I haven't had WinMo on my phone for about 3 months now, but if we get LK stuff ironed out well and I have time, I will look into this.

For anyone who wants to try it on their own, there are two methods (starting with the easiest first):

Option 1 is to get your setup installed and running, then:
1. On first boot, use mke2fs to make a system.ext2 file on the FAT32 partition
2. Loop mount system.ext2 and copy all files from / to the ext2 file except init
3. Compress init and /bin into a new file named initrd.gz
4. Open initrd.gz and modify init to loop mount system.ext2 to /
5. Point startup.txt to use initrd.gz

Option 2 may be more difficult but will achieve a similar build to XDAndroid:
1. Create system.ext2 from the /system directory while maintaining the original permissions
2. Try using XDAndroid's initrd and rootfs and see if it works just from that. If not, move on.
3. Modify init to mount system.ext2 on /system
4. Copy the remaining contents into initrd.gz and point startup.txt to use that initrd.
5. Try booting, and if it doesn't work still, then something with his installer is doing something else additional that I'm not aware of, and you'll have to figure that out.

ndno 04-14-2011 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natemcnutty (Post 2084738)
I just took a peek at this, and yes, it looks like he just merged initrd, rootfs, and system into one file. I haven't had WinMo on my phone for about 3 months now, but if we get LK stuff ironed out well and I have time, I will look into this.

For anyone who wants to try it on their own, there are two methods (starting with the easiest first):

Option 1 is to get your setup installed and running, then:
1. On first boot, use mke2fs to make a system.ext2 file on the FAT32 partition
2. Loop mount system.ext2 and copy all files from / to the ext2 file except init
3. Compress init and /bin into a new file named initrd.gz
4. Open initrd.gz and modify init to loop mount system.ext2 to /
5. Point startup.txt to use initrd.gz

Option 2 may be more difficult but will achieve a similar build to XDAndroid:
1. Create system.ext2 from the /system directory while maintaining the original permissions
2. Try using XDAndroid's initrd and rootfs and see if it works just from that. If not, move on.
3. Modify init to mount system.ext2 on /system
4. Copy the remaining contents into initrd.gz and point startup.txt to use that initrd.
5. Try booting, and if it doesn't work still, then something with his installer is doing something else additional that I'm not aware of, and you'll have to figure that out.

Thanks Nate. I will give your instructions a try. Now I gotta get it into a working native ext2 partition first before I can try your steps.

Great job with the NAND stuff by the way. :notworthy:

ndno 04-14-2011 06:20 AM

arrrghhh, I finally got some time to try this out. I'm trying to set up the ext2 method but when I download the link you provided, it doesn't have the directory you mentioned or the MotherLoad tutorial mentions. The cm7*tar.gz file just looks like a tarred-up file of the final filesystem; it doesn't have the npkinstall folder, the AndroidApps folder, the kernel/modules, etc. I checked neopeek's original thread and the download link is for the same file.

I'm guessing I need to get the full bundle that has the full folder structure, including the npkinstall folder. I guess I would take the cm7-rc4-01042011.tar.gz file I downloaded from your post, rename it to androidinstall.tar.gz and replace the one in the npkinstall folder of that full bundle, correct? I see there's a CM6.1 bundle.

EDIT: OK, I got Cherry Pie to set up using an ext2 partition and it's running fine using the MotherLoad tutorial; I'll see if I can use the Cherry Pie bundle as a template and rename cm7-rc4-01042011.tar.gz to androidinstall.tar.gz and replace the one in the npkinstall folder of the Cherry Pie bundle and start the ext2 file system install process for CM7.

Boominsvx 04-14-2011 11:30 AM

Yes, that's what I had to do as well. I used a GB build from Neopeek, tho it wasn't cherry pie. Just be sure that whatever you have in the npkinstall folder is the same zip format as what came there. I'm pretty sure both builds would be tar.gz. If npkinstall is looking for a .tar.gz, but only finds a .tar, it'll fail. I went through the init file and edited it by hand, but never sucessfully created a build to try it on.

I'm really glad to see more people getting involved with this build. I used it for a few hours, but they were a great few hours with all those customizations, and it booted/move beautifully. Froyo, Gingerbread, CM7. These should be the 3 basic builds of Android IMO.

arrrghhh 04-14-2011 12:51 PM

Glad it's getting more attention indeed!

Nate, I tried things similar to that but failed. I will try again, I didn't dig very deeply TBH - I mostly just tried making a system.ext2 file from the /system folder. It would always end up hanging right before there was a bootani (which I forgot to add... shouldn't have caused a non-boot condition tho I wouldn't think).

I admit, I haven't put a lot of time into this project lately. I'd like to give it the time it deserves, as CM7 is a great piece of work. I'll clean up the first post soon, thanks for pointing that out ndno and Boominsvx. I kinda just threw the file up there, with the hopes that making a looped build would be easy and I would just clean up the rest. I'm not that good yet tho :p.

We'll get it workin - Neopeek has some great things in store for CM7 Final, so I'm going to wait to clean up the first post for that. Plus, I need to take another crack at making a looped mount. Thanks guys!

ndno 04-14-2011 07:28 PM

OK, I got CM7 set up and booting up fine. Getting the annoying "com.Android.Phone" crashing window popping up every few seconds. Neopeek said this to fix it:

Quote:

Process "com.Android.Phone" is crashing and should be easily fixable by replacing phone app or logcating the error.
Boominsvx or arrrghhh, you guys know where can I find a phone app to replace it? How did you guys fix that issue? I searched his original thread and didn't see any resolution besides his comment above. Can't really do much with that popping up every few seconds after I close it.

rpierce99 04-14-2011 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndno (Post 2085096)
OK, I got CM7 set up and booting up fine. Getting the annoying "com.Android.Phone" crashing window popping up every few seconds. Neopeek said this to fix it:

Boominsvx or arrrghhh, you guys know where can I find a phone app to replace it? How did you guys fix that issue? I searched his original thread and didn't see any resolution besides his comment above. Can't really do much with that popping up every few seconds after I close it.

Post a logcat of the phone app crashing and we'll see what sort of errors it's getting.

ndno 04-14-2011 08:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by rpierce99 (Post 2085100)
Post a logcat of the phone app crashing and we'll see what sort of errors it's getting.

Here's my logcat.

EDIT: In the "startup" folders on the Cherry Pie bundle, I see the Rhodium folder and in it, the startup.txt file has the keyboard set to rhod210; I changed it to rhod400, is that right? I don't see any other startup.txt with a rhod400 setting.

Boominsvx 04-15-2011 12:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Have you tried using the testing RIL so the phone app can actually use CDMA? I recall using it back when I tested the build. See if it takes care of things.

rhod400 will be fine in the startup.txt.

If that RIL doesn't fix you up and you just want to get it going, try this one.

ndno 04-15-2011 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boominsvx (Post 2085227)
Have you tried using the testing RIL so the phone app can actually use CDMA? I recall using it back when I tested the build. See if it takes care of things.

rhod400 will be fine in the startup.txt.

If that RIL doesn't fix you up and you just want to get it going, try this one.

Thanks... this is the test RIL by hyc, correct? I tried it last time but got to a dead end, I believe you posted some extract XML file for me to try out but I never did get a chance to try out; the instructions on that thread over at XDA is a little confusing so I didn't bother. It seem like this CM7 distribution is all geared towards GSM; my TP2 booted up fine but I think it went into "GSM" mode (even though I specified CDMA in the startup.txt); it didn't find any "network" and the mobile settings are grayed out. This is besides the annoying com.android.phone crashing window that keeps popping up (probably because no mobile network is found). I did try tiad8's neopeek GingerBread ext2 build and that works fine; maybe I'll use his bundle as a template to see if it makes a difference.

Boominsvx 04-15-2011 01:10 AM

You can try, but all the apps are still in the androidinstall file and changing them might remove permissions/cause instability.

Yes, hyc's test RIL should get you back up. The instructions aren't really that hard, and the CM7 builds will continue trying for CDMA as they have the network type set to 4 right from the start. This means you can disregard post 2 in hyc's thread. Just edit the zip file using 7zip or anything else that will allow changes to an archive. Place libhtcgeneric-ril.so in the appropriate place and run the npkinstall again.. It should be present in lib/froyo. That should get you service and hopefully stop the force closes

I wonder if thats one of the things attributing to the boot loop on system-ext2 builds.

Edit: Of course you can always adb push it in.

ndno 04-15-2011 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boominsvx (Post 2085249)
You can try, but all the apps are still in the androidinstall file and changing them might remove permissions/cause instability.

Yes, hyc's test RIL should get you back up. The instructions aren't really that hard, and the CM7 builds will continue trying for CDMA as they have the network type set to 4 right from the start. This means you can disregard post 2 in hyc's thread. Just edit the zip file using 7zip or anything else that will allow changes to an archive. Place libhtcgeneric-ril.so in the appropriate place and run the npkinstall again.. It should be present in lib/froyo. That should get you service and hopefully stop the force closes

I wonder if thats one of the things attributing to the boot loop on system-ext2 builds.

Edit: Of course you can always adb push it in.

Woohoo, you are the man! I took hyc's latest libhtcgeneric-ril.so, put in it /lib/froyo and /system/lib and now I don't get the phone crash windows anymore and it seems like it sees a network now. I'll have to play around with this a little more and report back.

EDIT: This build is wickedly fast and I love the fine resolution of everything. Fonts and icons may be too small for the elders ;) The touchscreen is so responsive it feels like a capacitive screen :)

Oh, btw, when I said I used tiad8's GingerBread ext2 neopeek build, I was just using it as a "shell"; I replaced the androidinstall.tar.gz in his npkinstall directory and generated the CM7 filesystem from scratch, I didn't overwrite his; I reformatted the ext2 partition before doing so so that I don't get any residual data from his build.

If anyone wants, I can write the steps I did to get this set up. I'll take CM7 tar.gz file, update it with hyc's ril so it should all be set up. I'll include the full bundle too.

Boominsvx 04-15-2011 01:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Excellent. I wish I knew half as much as hyc though. He did it. I just borrowed it on a whim. Can't be sure on this one as I never tried it, but you may be able to use opera mini or another browser. Last I checked the native one did not work. You can find more on that in neo's cm7 threads. Either way, one step closer is still a step in the right direction. Bed time.

Edit to your edit: The res is nice small, but many widgets will give you trouble (like fancy widget) or look like crap. If you want the res back to normal size, this build prop should work for you. Just delete the ".txt" off the end and replace it with the one in /system.

Right from my notes file:

Once it's booted up you have to immediately move to "CyanogenModsettings -> Display" and turn off both screen on and screen off animations. If you don't do this then you will have wake up problems (yor screen will stay forever black). So on first boot up make sure your screen doesn't go to sleep.
Skia bug is still present meaning do not use stock Browser or Gmail. Please use Opera Mini!
Deactivate end button behaviour in Spare Parts. Set it to "none" !!!important!!!
Deactivate auto-rotation in display settings
Deactivate all transition animations in display settings
Deactivate screen on / off animation in CyanogenMod settings
Don't activate JIT
Gallery has some unknown bug

ndno 04-15-2011 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boominsvx (Post 2085256)
Excellent. I wish I knew half as much as hyc though. He did it. I just borrowed it on a whim. Can't be sure on this one as I never tried it, but you may be able to use opera mini or another browser. Last I checked the native one did not work. You can find more on that in neo's cm7 threads. Either way, one step closer is still a step in the right direction. Bed time.

Thanks again. I think we need to add Gapps to this. The Google apps aren't included as part of CM7.

EDIT: Yeah, I saw those notes. I didn't do what he said originally and I couldn't get my phone to wake up; keyboard/buttons light work but it wouldn't wake up; had to pull the battery. You're right, this still needs a lot of work. A lot of the native apps aren't working yet.

Well at least I can try Nate's instructions and see if I can get a loop system going. I will need to edit the init file to mount it correctly once I convert it to a loop image (system.ext2 and rootfs.img).

Boominsvx 04-15-2011 01:47 AM

Well get to it man!!! We already own page 3! \\:D/ Good stuff though. K bye.

arrrghhh 04-15-2011 09:22 AM

Hahaha, that's right - better have something good by page 3.

ndno, I don't think hyc's RIL should be bundled into anything. tiad8 did that a lot (bundled stuff that was supposed to be for testing) and that was one of the sore spots about him.

You can test stuff for yourself, but please don't bundle and distribute stuff that's meant for testing ;). I can clean up the first post if you guys feel it's time. I was hoping to get a looped build working. I'm pulling myself in too many directions, I'm trying to learn GIT so I can pull hyc's changes locally and test them all to make sure they pass. I'll try and take another whack at it this weekend. I really want a good CM distro for RHOD ;).

ndno 04-15-2011 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2085324)
Hahaha, that's right - better have something good by page 3.

ndno, I don't think hyc's RIL should be bundled into anything. tiad8 did that a lot (bundled stuff that was supposed to be for testing) and that was one of the sore spots about him.

You can test stuff for yourself, but please don't bundle and distribute stuff that's meant for testing ;). I can clean up the first post if you guys feel it's time. I was hoping to get a looped build working. I'm pulling myself in too many directions, I'm trying to learn GIT so I can pull hyc's changes locally and test them all to make sure they pass. I'll try and take another whack at it this weekend. I really want a good CM distro for RHOD ;).

Don't worry, I'm not going to do anything. A lot of stuff still doesn't work. Data is not working for me; voice comm works but I can't hear anything or the other end can't hear me. So I'll keep this to myself. If anyone wants to know how I did my setup they can PM me. This distro is not for primetime yet but it has a lot of potential; i can't believe how smooth and fast it is. Sorry didn't mean to jump the gun. Did you ever get yours working?

arrrghhh 04-15-2011 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndno (Post 2085381)
Don't worry, I'm not going to do anything. A lot of stuff still doesn't work. Data is not working for me; voice comm works but I can't hear anything or the other end can't hear me. So I'll keep this to myself. If anyone wants to know how I did my setup they can PM me. This distro is not for primetime yet but it has a lot of potential; i can't believe how smooth and fast it is. Sorry didn't mean to jump the gun. Did you ever get yours working?

No worries at all mate. I just wanted to be clear on that - it would be nice if someone could fill the gap that tiad8 left, because he seemed like a pretty creative guy - just couldn't be bothered with giving us source or any information as to where he's getting stuff from. Also had no regard for dev work or testing stuff. I don't want you going down that path either ;).

Anyhoo, enough talking about him. I haven't gotten a looped mount working yet, but I haven't given it the proper amount of time. I need to focus on it, I'm hoping to give it my full attention this weekend. Between real life and all the things happening here, I haven't given this much time to be honest!

ndno 04-15-2011 01:20 PM

Yeah, sorry didn't mean to "sound" like I was going down tiad8's route. Like I said, I jumped the gun. Was just excited. Tiad8 and you guys donate a lot more time to this than anyone can ever do. Yes, tiad8 is very creative. I'm just trying to learn. I'm going to wait until the dust settles before I play more with this. Oh, I was asking if you got the ext2 method to work, in terms of data/voice. I'm going to try from scratch again and see how it goes. I OC'ed it to 614Mhz and it feels so fast, smooth, and responsive. neopeek's file doesn't have the Gapps in there yet.

arrrghhh 04-15-2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndno (Post 2085419)
neopeek's file doesn't have the Gapps in there yet.

CM7 can't bundle gapps, and Neopeek I think feels the same way - he doesn't want any cease & desist letters.

However, his ClockworkMod is going to include a method to pull gapps into the build. So don't fret - and I might wait until that settles out as well, although it'll only apply to builds using dedicated ext2 partitions.

Boominsvx 04-17-2011 08:11 PM

I do NOT mean to stir up any conflict or disrepect to one of our greatest most didicated testers in any way, or the mods for that matter. For any of you watching this build for the system-ext2 version, it seems as though the Tiad of the 8th pursuasion has been busy. Please no flaming. I just want to see development of this great rom come to a little closer to the front burner. No links. I'm sure you can find it if you want to play with it. Far from stable, but working none-the-less. Sorry ahead of time for any moral violations. :-s

natemcnutty 04-18-2011 02:55 AM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/6.0.24556/24.760; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boominsvx
I do NOT mean to stir up any conflict or disrepect to one of our greatest most didicated testers in any way, or the mods for that matter. For any of you watching this build for the system-ext2 version, it seems as though the Tiad of the 8th pursuasion has been busy. Please no flaming. I just want to see development of this great rom come to a little closer to the front burner. No links. I'm sure you can find it if you want to play with it. Far from stable, but working none-the-less. Sorry ahead of time for any moral violations. :-s

No conflict or morl issues there. Only gripe has always been the lack of source information and taking credit for others work. If he got it working, that's great, and maybe we can look at what he did and see if we can improve on it at all :-)

ndno 04-18-2011 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boominsvx (Post 2086322)

Yeah, Boominsvx is right; I installed tiad8's CM7 version yesterday evening and it sure works a lot better on the TP2 than the the one available at neopeek; this is most likely due to the tweaks tiad8 puts in that build (not sure what they are but they work); with his version, data and voice work great, including a lot of the native apps (Gapps); there are still issues but it sure works better. I can't get anything to run on neopeek's CM7 build, even after switching out the RIL library. tiad8's build was a loop build, so apparently he's figured how to do the loop conversion. Of course, like what neopeek said, this is a DEV-only build that is a preview; hence there will be still be plenty of issues and it's up to the chefs/devs to play around with it and provide input, tweaks, etc to further the efforts. I'll leave it at that, don't want to stir up anything. Too bad tiad8's isn't more opened to providing his sources or credits his sources; he would sure help get this moving along faster.

Well I'm off to a new build and loving it; I'm currently running Froyo B V6 over at neopeek... smooth, fast, snappy, and stable; running it on an ext2 partition.

arrrghhh 04-18-2011 08:48 AM

Just updated the first post guys. Big update, ClockWorkMod is on deck.

Please re-read the entire first post, as a lot does change because of CWM.

CM7 is still a FCfest, but I'll start looking into fixin that soon. I haven't done anything to change this system image to be honest, and it needs some work.

a460162314 04-18-2011 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2086504)
Just updated the first post guys. Big update, ClockWorkMod is on deck.

Please re-read the entire first post, as a lot does change because of CWM.

CM7 is still a FCfest, but I'll start looking into fixin that soon. I haven't done anything to change this system image to be honest, and it needs some work.

Immediately try “CWM".
Also hoped to see NAND new updates.:angel4:
refueling.

steveholtam 04-18-2011 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndno (Post 2086483)
Too bad tiad8's isn't more opened to providing his sources or credits his sources; he would sure help get this moving along faster.

Not defending that guy at all, but I always had the impression that he figured he could thank the world in a single post and that would be good enough. And beyond that, he just seemed lazy or acted like he couldnt be bothered with giving actual credit where credit was deserved. Your right though, he is a driven mo-fo and does have some odd programming skills which he uses to tweak code well. Oh well. I DO NOT miss the bizarre claims and odd promises though.