PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2011, 10:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: None

oisact is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete Froyo Bundle!!** FRX05 - "Stable" - Camera!

I've been running FRX04. Can I just swap out system.ext2 to for FRX05, or do I need to start from scratch to obtain FRX05?
Old 03-04-2011, 11:27 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

hongbao is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by oisact View Post
I've been running FRX04. Can I just swap out system.ext2 to for FRX05, or do I need to start from scratch to obtain FRX05?
I just replaced the old system.ext2 file with the new one. And everything works fine for me.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:30 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete Froyo Bundle!!** FRX04 - "Stable"

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Glad to hear it works! For #3, do you mean for WEP? We're looking at resolving that, but unfortunately we can't just "add" the file that works for you - as it's particular to your AP/setup .

FRX05 bundle is on stine's server, waiting for a valid link before I update the first post...
Yes, my notorious ancient settings actually worked fine. But that configuration file includes settings that once they are edited the WiFi works fine. I am not sure if this build works out of the box for WPA.

While I was about to go to bed last night i tried overclocking and the 700000 setting would not boot. My phone has been able to push the limits in the past, so this is probably inherent in the build. I then tried to split the difference between the default 614400 and it did boot, but there was no big speed gain on Quadrant. In any case, it runs pretty fast.

I would say that this build is actually usable for me with the camera as it does not seem to lock up. I have to check if the USB headphones work. I usually use BT, but I use USB in my car to the speakers. I'll check this out on the way home from work tonight.

Nice job everyone.

PS I am going to be keeping this phone for a while because of its quadband capabilities (no obvious replacements at Sprint), so this is going to be a very practical development since I will be able to run Android but then switch over to WinMo 6.5 and use a purchased SIM card when I travel overseas.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:53 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Verizon

toxendless is a n00b
Re: [BUILD] **Complete Froyo Bundle!!** FRX04 - "Stable"

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
First post updated, new FRX05 bundle. Enjoy!
Works great, thanks!
Old 03-04-2011, 04:23 PM
DarkLight

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

For the last couple of updates (actually starting from the very first bundle) I haven't been able to get any sound until the new FRX05 bundle (3/3/11). Silent was the only option for everything no matter what I did or how many times I rebooted or formatted. Now, everything is working as expected based on what I've read should be working.

The only problem I've experienced so far is that once an app is installed via the Marketplace, it doesn't show up in the "Apps". I'm about to reboot and I'm guessing things will show up then.

The full Angry Birds shows up in the Marketplace now too whereas it didn't use to. Cool.

--DL
Old 03-04-2011, 06:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I did some more testing on OC this AM and it looks to me like there is no advantage seen to higher settings. I have gone back to some of the old posts on this by ndno http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-androi...ml#post2060599.

These were some of the options mentioned:

[speed]
======
540672: 528 MHz (stock speed for Rhodium)
716800: 700 MHz
786432: 768 MHz

I'm currently using 614MHz (acpuclock.oc_freq_khz=614400)

I know the math on this is confusing as is the code snippet he references. What is the theory again behind these settings?

Thanks
Old 03-04-2011, 06:46 PM
VIP Member

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryyyyy View Post
I did some more testing on OC this AM and it looks to me like there is no advantage seen to higher settings. I have gone back to some of the old posts on this by ndno http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-androi...ml#post2060599.
Note that "overclocking to a higher speed" doesn't mean android (linux) will put your tp2 at that speed all the time; it actually throttles from the low 100 mhz to the OC speed you set it to. It's like your laptop; if it doesn't have a lot of "work" to do, it will operate at the lower speed and eventually kicks into full gear at the top speed when it has a lot more processing to do. One time I ran quadrant while OCed to 700 and got a score in the low 400s; well, it turns out it was operating at 224mhz (you can see it in the system directory /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq). When I reran the test, I got a score in the mid 600s and the clock changed to 700mhz. So if you OC, it doesn't mean it's always fast. It's a good thing because the system is trying to save battery for you.

Sent from my FRX05-ized TP2

Last edited by ndno; 03-04-2011 at 06:52 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
Note that "overclocking to a higher speed" doesn't mean android (linux) will put your tp2 at that speed all the time; it actually throttles from the low 100 mhz to the OC speed you set it to. It's like your laptop; if it doesn't have a lot of "work" to do, it will operate at the lower speed and eventually kicks into full gear at the top speed when it has a lot more processing to do. One time I ran quadrant while OCed to 700 and got a score in the low 400s; well, it turns out it was operating at 224mhz (you can see it in the system directory /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq). When I reran the test, I got a score in the mid 600s and the clock changed to 700mhz. So if you OC, it doesn't mean it's always fast. It's a good thing because the system is trying to save battery for you.

Sent from my FRX05-ized TP2
Thanks. I was trying to understand how this works. Looks like my Core i7 in a mini-size. I looked at the code at it did not seem to cover the higher clock rates.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

spaceboy is keeping up the good workspaceboy is keeping up the good work

Is the battery life with this bundle at least good for a day?
Old 03-04-2011, 11:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD 400)

rpierce99 is keeping up the good workrpierce99 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceboy View Post
Is the battery life with this bundle at least good for a day?
Touch Pro 2s are getting between .5% and 2% per hour drain, when sleeping properly. Battery life depends on usage though, so if you're playing Angry Birds for 7 hours, it will likely die.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development