PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2011, 03:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete Froyo Bundle!!** FRX04 - "Stable"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin75 View Post
I did read your post, thanks (otherwise I would have been completely lost!).

As I mentioned, I tried setting this up with using just the USB Drivers from your post (I've attached a picture of them on my PC so you can see the names/dates/versions of them), then tried installing Droid Explorer. When those didn't work, I formatted my SD Card, installed a fresh version of FRX04, and connected it via USB cable to my laptop as soon as it settled after the boot. Windows Vista detects the phone, and the phone shows USB debugging connected and USB connected on the status bar. Windows then asks for a driver for the XDA, but when I point it to the USB Drivers folder, it reports that it can't locate a driver there. The same thing happens with the CDC ACM & CDC ACM Data. Any ideas?
Hmmmm... I ignored the pop up window querying for the driver (I had the same CDC ACM message like you did). Instead I manually went to the Device Manager and use the instructions I decribed above to install it.

Did you try arrrghhh's pdanet install trick?
Old 02-16-2011, 03:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 6700/T8585, Samsung i760, LG VS750
Carrier: T-Mobile, Reachout Wireless

n1nj4Lo is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to n1nj4Lo Send a message via MSN to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Yahoo to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Skype™ to n1nj4Lo

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
We have an FAQ... Granted, it is still a work in progress, but it's getting there.

You can overclock, but you have to do it by hand if you don't use the startup utility. I do not support the startup utility, but I guess I should link to it...

Did you move the startup.txt file to where you run haret.exe from?

Step 3...
Yea I'm waiting on it to boot, but it appears to be doing the samething the cab did... I'm just going to wait till I see the banner screen that says "XDANDROID" flashing/animating... I think the last time I left my phone sitting on that screen too long and thats why I couldnt do anything or get past that screen.

If it works then how does it need to be to work with Gen.Y Boot, rooted to that folder or all rooted directly to the card with no folder.

Last edited by n1nj4Lo; 02-16-2011 at 04:14 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None

hammester is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin75 View Post
No...FAT32 works great for every build I've ever done. Are you using the HP tool to format the card? It's recommended by most people, although I've never had a problem with doing it under Windows. Another thing to keep in mind is that the class of the SD card seems to make some difference, although I can't recall what category (IV?) it should be for best performance. Have you been able to run any of the other builds successfully without getting I/O errors?
I have ran one other build a while ago with this same SD card. I formatted it in windows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
Do you have every file at the root, i.e. startup.txt, haret, modules, zimage, system.ext2, etc? Or are they still in a folder that at root? Wherever haret is, you need to have your startup.txt file and depending on where that is, you may need to add a line to your startup.txt file.
Yes all the files are directly on my root including the startup.txt file. Maybe something got corrupted when I was downloading the file? I am going to try and re-download it and reformat again
Old 02-16-2011, 04:06 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammester View Post
I keep getting tons of I/O errors after running haret. I have everything on the root of my SD card and even tried formatting the sd card to FAT32. Should I be formatting it to something else?
The other suggestions are good, but another hiccup might be a clocks bug... Have you tried the newest 1258 kernel? I guess I'm not entirely clear on what you mean by I/O errors... Can you be more specific?

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1nj4Lo View Post
Yea I'm waiting on it to boot, but it appears to be doing the samething the cab did... I'm just going to wait till I see the banner screen that says "XDANDROID" flashing/animating... I think the last time I left my phone sitting on that screen too long and thats why I couldnt do anything or get past that screen.

If it works then how does it need to be to work with Gen.Y Boot, rooted to that folder or all rooted directly to the card with no folder.
_

Still waiting on it to boot! haha
Do you see any errors in the terminal...? I know some get stuck on the "waiting for SD" - in which case, try kernel 1258 as well.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:14 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

When did this thread turn into a sticky??

Btw, thanks for the compilation Arrrghhh! This is my first time, so no longer a virgin, but still a bit green. I'll need a little time to catch up here, so please no punches for any stupid questions from me, k? lol...

Old 02-16-2011, 04:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Send a message via AIM to n1nj4Lo Send a message via MSN to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Yahoo to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Skype™ to n1nj4Lo

20 minutes later or so
_

The font is too small to read but I keep seeing something about "Busy" whatever IDK the rest.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:22 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
When did this thread turn into a sticky??

Btw, thanks for the compilation Arrrghhh! This is my first time, so no longer a virgin, but still a bit green. I'll need a little time to catch up here, so please no punches for any stupid questions from me, k? lol...
Today, in fact! I'm not too hard on the newbies... am I? . Plus, I don't think there are any stupid questions - I try to put everything that's needed in the first post, just let me know if something is worded funny.

Quote:
20 minutes later or so
_

The font is too small to read but I keep seeing something about "Busy" whatever IDK the rest.
Ok, 20 mins is way too long. You should see the XDAndroid boot logo with the flying droids within 5 minutes. No boot should take longer than 10.

So try to update to the 1258 kernel. If that doesn't work, do a full format using the HP Tool. FAT32.

Do you have space on the SD card? You need at least 256mb free to create the data.img... I guess try the 1258 kernel first, then format the card, and if both of those still result in a failed boot we'll have to dig a little deeper.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2 Vindows plutonium Rom
Carrier: sprint

cganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
20 minutes later or so
_

i had the same issue. it was complaining some MDP_BUSY or whatever and also something that ended with "4 out of 4 times" or something. went back to tiads version and it works. both of them after a clean format of the 8gb sd card
Old 02-16-2011, 04:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Today, in fact! I'm not too hard on the newbies... am I? . Plus, I don't think there are any stupid questions - I try to put everything that's needed in the first post, just let me know if something is worded funny.

Ok, 20 mins is way too long. You should see the XDAndroid boot logo with the flying droids within 5 minutes. No boot should take longer than 10.

So try to update to the 1258 kernel. If that doesn't work, do a full format using the HP Tool. FAT32.

Do you have space on the SD card? You need at least 256mb free to create the data.img... I guess try the 1258 kernel first, then format the card, and if both of those still result in a failed boot we'll have to dig a little deeper.
Yea I've got 2 and a half or 3 Gb's left on a 16Gb microSD? Is the 1258 posted in the main thread or included in the folder?

Last edited by n1nj4Lo; 02-16-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None

hammester is becoming a great contributor

It is a buffer I/O error on dev mmcblk0. I get a bunch of those and then it stops loading with a message that says failed to mount the sd card, cannot continue. /bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off.

This is even after I re downloaded and re formatted my sd card.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development