PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=319)
-   -   [BUILD] **Complete Froyo Bundle!!** FRX06 - "Stable" - Minor Fixes (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=140848)

youngtjjones 04-01-2011 02:55 PM

Re: [BUILD] **Complete Froyo Bundle!!** FRX06 - "Stable" - Minor Fixes

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2078180)
You can use whatever kernel you want.

Where is it freezing?

alright good news. it stop freezing....for now. What i did was just did the manually calibration instruction like you had written on the first page. Now i'm using the newest kernel but it wont light up my buttons now?

Alright everything is all good now. Thanks Arrrrrghh.

arrrghhh 04-01-2011 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngtjjones (Post 2078183)
alright good news. it stop freezing....for now. What i did was just did the manually calibration instruction like you had written on the first page. Now i'm using the newest kernel but it wont light up my buttons now?

Alright everything is all good now. Thanks Arrrrrghh.

Button lights aren't enabled on any autobuild kernel, and were literally just enabled on WisTilt2's testing kernel. If you want those lights, you'll have to run that test kernel.

Please, give me some feedback on that kernel if you do decide to run it! Too many people hit-n-run - I have hundreds of downloads but tens of comments...

youngtjjones 04-01-2011 04:22 PM

Naw they worked out find for me. I just dump and lights were on.

steveholtam 04-01-2011 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngtjjones (Post 2078100)
The new build took close to a hour to load and on top of that it freeze..:confused2:..Sorry guys im going back to Froyo red X

Is that the build with the working mms (one way) and bluetooth (coming soon)? lol....

Hey, at least you stayed around to get it working. The build in this thread, with one of wist's test kernel is as easy to get going as it can be. For others getting ready to try, start with a clean/empty SD card. This way you will not have any odd issues.

And if someone can't figure out this stuff, that other guy might be back in a few weeks with some other hacked builds for the masses...

iiinycboi 04-01-2011 06:48 PM

Hey arrgghh, i would like to participate in helping you with feedback. Im running frx06 and the latest wistilt kernel.(with lights) What kind of tools do i need to provide you with errors or what kind of comments are you looking for? I

steveholtam 04-01-2011 07:38 PM

For arrrgh: The best way to help is to just use the latest files and try to find bugs, errors, issues, etc. and then report them here so arrgh can relay them to the devs.

Often a dev will ask for a log of the error. Must can be found via adb. If you want to read all about that, check out these links. It seems really confusing at first, but its not that bad after a bit of reading and practice.

This explains what adb is:
ADB – Easy Tutorial | xda-developers

And this explains many of the common features:
[GUIDE] ADB Workshop and Guide for everyone - xda-developers

iiinycboi 04-01-2011 08:26 PM

Well so far with FRX06 and wistilt kernel 3/31 its running on rhod400

Only thing is it sluggish for the first minute if i had to restart the phone.

-wifi tethering works and phone is stable after shutting off wifi tethering.
-wifi with wep also works
-sleeps fine now battery last almost 2 days for me with push email, calendar, and twitter.
-camera works
-no sod or freezes or lockups yet.
-as far as the phone goes everything works except the ring tones it doesn't loop and only rings once (i goggled the fix from xda though)

most apps work, some just open and instant close. have beautiful widget running so hopefully i'll be able to find the service.jar file and take out the battery and time icons.

side comment, i noticed abduction app (the game) is included in the bundle but it doesn't work for me cant tilt the cow left and right. but doodle jump works so i don't know why.

mangus580 04-01-2011 08:51 PM

iiinycboi - do you mind sharing the fix here? I am going to try it here shortly, and it would be nice to have the fix posted right here if its an issue...

iiinycboi 04-01-2011 11:40 PM

Hey, im not sure if the ringtone loop related to the frx06 build. I never noticed the ringtone not looping until i installed frx06. Heres the link to the xda thread that shows you how to make it loop. Im not sure if argghh is aware of this problem but according to the thread you just use a .ogg editor and add android loop code to it.

xda-developers - View Single Post - Fresh Froyo

this is the direct link to the forum that has you the link to the file that is already edited

Issue 2 - vogue-android - Ring tones only ring once - Android for the Vogue msm7500 (also works with some msm7200 series HTC GSM phones) - Google Project Hosting

i know its for a different phone, but i only used audio files that they supply with the loop code.

hope this helps you and/or someone else

mangus580 04-02-2011 12:16 AM

Ok - I didnt have any issue with ringtones in FRX06....

I have now jumped ship to the NAND build... impressed at how much faster it seems to run :-)