PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=319)
-   -   [BUILD] **Complete Froyo Bundle!!** FRX06 - "Stable" - Minor Fixes (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=140848)

fishingmedic 02-14-2011 03:21 PM

Re: [BUILD] **Complete Froyo Bundle!!** FRX04 - "Stable"

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2056025)
I can't really help you with this, but what are you trying to do? If you just want to access your SD card while in Android, DroidExplorer does that for you.

If you're trying to sync contacts, TitaniumBackup will backup your contacts to your SD (along with all your other apps, etc if you wish).

Additionally, if you're just looking to sync contacts - I sync with Google and get all my contacts in WinMo and in Android - that way I don't have to worry about syncing anything manually, and my contact list is always up to date between OSes (if I add a contact in Android, it gets synced to Google acct and pushed to WinMo, same if a contact is added in WinMo - it's all sync'd thru your Google account...)

Wayyyyyyy OT but how do you sync in winmo with google? I'm using MS Myphone but that doesn't help keep the two OS's the same.

bilson 02-14-2011 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robolots (Post 2056023)
Can't get it to work, downloaded both parts, but client says usb not connected and when I try and connect via PC, same thing-help??
Thanks

USB must be set for Debugging under Settings -> Applications –> Development
Here are some HTC drivers for your PC HTC / Default SDK Drivers
Your phone should show USB Connected & USB debugging connected - at the top of your screen as soon as you connect via USB. My PC shows under Remove Media & Eject Media (Eject XDA)
Running Win 7, Rhodium 400. I think those were the drivers I used, really not sure as I tried several things and didn't document anything. Hope this helps. I know I have files that I need to transfer on my PC plus I don't like having to go thru google to sync my contacts & calendar appointments.

If I've Helped You, Please Click on Thank You.

bilson 02-14-2011 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishingmedic (Post 2056052)
Wayyyyyyy OT but how do you sync in winmo with google? I'm using MS Myphone but that doesn't help keep the two OS's the same.

I sync both PC & Phone. Under Accounts I keep my google accounts sync Off until I want to sync Contacts, etc. This only syncs phone to google. I can add a contact in google email and after syncing everthing the new contact will be in Outlook and vise versa.

fishingmedic 02-14-2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bilson (Post 2056060)
I sync both PC & Phone. Under Accounts I keep my google accounts sync Off until I want to sync Contacts, etc. This only syncs phone to google. I can add a contact in google email and after syncing everthing the new contact will be in Outlook and vise versa.

I don't use outlook at all, that's why I've used MSMyphone to update nightly but since I'm running android more and more, it's missing updates and that won't sync my updates if I change in android. Didn't know if there was an app or some other way to update while in winmo without having to go through outlook.

arrrghhh 02-14-2011 03:50 PM

Quote:

Just setup your GMail account like an exchange account thru ActiveSync. I can walk you thru it, just shoot me a PM ;).

fishingmedic 02-14-2011 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2056066)
Just setup your GMail account like an exchange account thru ActiveSync. I can walk you thru it, just shoot me a PM ;).

I'll shoot you one later about it. Still haven't attempted to get adb set up, was wayyyy too busy this weekend, but don't worry, I'm still gonna bug you about that also!

arrrghhh 02-14-2011 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishingmedic (Post 2056069)
I'll shoot you one later about it. Still haven't attempted to get adb set up, was wayyyy too busy this weekend, but don't worry, I'm still gonna bug you about that also!

lol np. Might want to do it via gtalk or IRC then... bouncing PMs back and forth can be a PITA when working on stuff like this!

ndno 02-14-2011 04:05 PM

Quote:

Fish, if you use google (gmail) under WinMo, you can sync your gmail, contacts, calendar using Microsoft Direct Push; it works great! I use it and have the schedule set to "As items arrive" which instantly delivers mail/calender events between Google's server and my TP2; there's no polling involving (hence push mail). It works great because when I use Android, all the data are synced exactly and I don't miss anything. The only exception is that texts (sms) aren't synced so when you send/receive in WinMo (Android) you won't see them in the other OS.

Here's how to setup Google under WinMo:
  1. Go to Start->Outlook->launch ActiveSync (it may be under another folder, I use VINdows so it's under Outlook)
  2. Menu->Add Server Source…
  3. Enter your email address, uncheck automatic configure (I can't remember the exact option but you'll see something like it), then click ‘Next’.
  4. Enter your user name (full gmail address), password and domain as ‘google’ (this may be grayed out so you don't have to enter it), then click ‘Next’.
  5. Enter ‘m.google.com’ at Edit Server Settings, then click ‘Next’.
  6. Select Contacts, Calendar and E-mail (if you want). Edit the sync setting if needed.
  7. Finally, click ‘Finish’. If everything goes well, Windows Mobile Phone ActiveSync will start to sync between Windows Mobile Phone contacts, calendar & mail and Google Account

How is everyone "syncing" their texts between WinMo and Android?

arrrghhh 02-14-2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndno (Post 2056077)

I don't really do this, but Google Voice is what I use to receive texts. Not the best method, and doesn't really sync them whatsoever - but any texts sent thru GV get logged in the GV client app. Just wish there was a client app in WinMo that was worth a crap.

fishingmedic 02-14-2011 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndno (Post 2056077)
Fish, if you use google (gmail) under WinMo, you can sync your gmail, contacts, calendar using Microsoft Direct Push; it works great! I use it and have the schedule set to "As items arrive" which instantly delivers mail/calender events between Google's server and my TP2; there's no polling involving (hence push mail). It works great because when I use Android, all the data are synced exactly and I don't miss anything. The only exception is that texts (sms) aren't synced so when you send/receive in WinMo (Android) you won't see them in the other OS.

Here's how to setup Google under WinMo:
  1. Go to Start->Outlook->launch ActiveSync (it may be under another folder, I use VINdows so it's under Outlook)
  2. Menu->Add Server Source…
  3. Enter your email address, uncheck automatic configure (I can't remember the exact option but you'll see something like it), then click ‘Next’.
  4. Enter your user name (full gmail address), password and domain as ‘google’ (this may be grayed out so you don't have to enter it), then click ‘Next’.
  5. Enter ‘m.google.com’ at Edit Server Settings, then click ‘Next’.
  6. Select Contacts, Calendar and E-mail (if you want). Edit the sync setting if needed.
  7. Finally, click ‘Finish’. If everything goes well, Windows Mobile Phone ActiveSync will start to sync between Windows Mobile Phone contacts, calendar & mail and Google Account

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2056081)
I don't really do this, but Google Voice is what I use to receive texts. Not the best method, and doesn't really sync them whatsoever - but any texts sent thru GV get logged in the GV client app. Just wish there was a client app in WinMo that was worth a crap.

I'll give that a shot later Ndno. Thanks to both of you guys! I don't bother syncing texts, if I'm on android, I get it on android, if I'm in win,o, I get it in winmo, that's basically it for me.

Arrrghhh, how do the texts come through with GV? just as a regular text? Never tried that, haven't used GV all that often.