PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2011, 06:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 6700/T8585, Samsung i760, LG VS750
Carrier: T-Mobile, Reachout Wireless

n1nj4Lo is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to n1nj4Lo Send a message via MSN to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Yahoo to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Skype™ to n1nj4Lo
Re: [BUILD] **Complete Froyo Bundle!!** FRX04 - "Stable"

I'm sure a lot of simple stuff Q's & A's could be ccp'ed from this thread over to the wiki. LoL

Theres enough questions being asked here to base a F.A.Q. Wiki off of.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:23 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Today, in fact! I'm not too hard on the newbies... am I? . Plus, I don't think there are any stupid questions - I try to put everything that's needed in the first post, just let me know if something is worded funny.
Nah, not at all. Good job with the directions, simple. Btw, you might wanna add "1. Pull Sim Card." I got snagged on that one...lol.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:26 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
Nah, not at all. Good job with the directions, simple. Btw, you might wanna add "1. Pull Sim Card." I got snagged on that one...lol.
Heh, I'll add that to the FAQ. Not many people have a SIM installed if they use CDMA .

I'm trying to keep the first post as clean as possible - the more text I put in there, the less people are going to want to read it...
Old 02-16-2011, 06:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Send a message via AIM to n1nj4Lo Send a message via MSN to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Yahoo to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Skype™ to n1nj4Lo

Okay oops

When editing it where would I put "rel_path=et cetera" in the list, or any particular order, I'm assuming I can't just put it anywhere in the startup.txt list...

I'm thinking it would be done like
Quote:
set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 2292
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz
set cmdline "lcd.density=240 msmvkeyb_toggle=off gsensor_axis=2,1,3 force_cdma=1 pm.sleep_mode=1 physkeyboard=rhod400"
rel_path=et cetera
boot
Correct or does it matter?
Old 02-16-2011, 06:33 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1nj4Lo View Post
Okay oops

When editing it where would I put "rel_path=et cetera" in the list, or any particular order, I'm assuming I can't just put it anywhere in the startup.txt list...

Yea, I'm struggling with how to make this more clear.

Basically it goes within the quotes on the cmdline section. It doesn't matter where on the cmdline section, as long as it's between the quotes and there's a space between each item...

Code:
set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 2292
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz
set cmdline "lcd.density=240 msmvkeyb_toggle=off gsensor_axis=2,1,3 force_cdma=1 pm.sleep_mode=1 physkeyboard=rhod400 rel_path=FRX04"
boot
^^ like that.

I'm open to ideas on how to explain this better... I've always struggled with how to explain exactly where it goes, and many have made the same mistake you did...
Old 02-16-2011, 06:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Errr still nothing it gets so far and then comes to a complete halt with the mdr busy error...

I'm gunna try moving everything directly onto the root of the card and if that doesn't work I'm gunna give up till I get my 32Gb.

I believe this card FAT32, I just don't wanna move 14Gb's worth of stuff over to the pc and then back over to the card again.
_

Would it being plugged in and charging cause any possible problems usb or ac?
Old 02-16-2011, 08:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1nj4Lo View Post
Okay oops

I don't know but I think rel_path=blahblah needs to be PART of the set cmdline line before the "physkeyboard=rhod400" string... or does it not matter (someone once told me it mattered).

Last edited by ndno; 02-16-2011 at 08:21 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Gremlin75 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
Hmmmm... I ignored the pop up window querying for the driver (I had the same CDC ACM message like you did). Instead I manually went to the Device Manager and use the instructions I decribed above to install it.

Did you try arrrghhh's pdanet install trick?
I hadn't...but I went back to his post and downloaded it. After installing it, I was able to connect to the phone and use MyPhoneExplorer to sync my Outlook calendar & contacts to the phone. Woo hoo!

I'm still getting the error messages about the CDC messages, and I've tried pointing the phone to both the USB Drivers directory as well as the PDANet directory. Can't locate drivers in either location. Seems to work just fine without them however.

Thanks for the help! Would definitely recommend this solution to anyone running Android and trying to sync to Outlook.

I'd like to post a thread to provide instructions and links to the required files...crediting you & arrrghhh, of course. Do I have your permission to do so?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:48 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Heh, I'll add that to the FAQ. Not many people have a SIM installed if they use CDMA .
I'm trying to keep the first post as clean as possible - the more text I put in there, the less people are going to want to read it...
Actually, Sprint TP2s came with SIM cards pre-installed right out of the box. I don't know if Verizon & other TP2s did. Anyhow, I just wedged a piece of paper between the SIM Card and my phone's contacts & re-inserted the SIM. I lose too much chit.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Trying it now with everything directly on the card, no folders or anything... I also remembered to revert the startup.txt back to its original form.

Man I hope this works!!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development