PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2011, 01:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint/Worldwide...Currently Iraq

Good Coffee is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND Boot Testing - 03-11: FRX05 on NAND (data working again!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_D_H View Post
death to any addons untill main functions work better as you said ACL, im going to be setting up a small server at home with ubuntu to compile builds on if anyone cares and id glady work on a specific area if I can, more or less going after bluetooth or 3.5mm jack, both are things I would like, next few days I will have something posted I hope with updates. Actually like the idea of doing some dirty work, first attempt at android, so I hope I get some sort of progress, but ill have to learn the ropes along the way, either way, great job and much apretiation

sim card
Old 03-23-2011, 02:07 AM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Sprint

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP

bottom line---what is free mem looking like?????? android caches EVERYTHING. my wife has 350 free mem on her EVO. trying to compete with 50 free mem on a tp2 is not going to work. open up free mem and we can do something with tp2---otherwise, this is a loosing battle. I love that ya'll are working on this....but there is no way a tp2 can run this...look at the code, look at what it does to all programs........cache......and the tp2 does not have it. this has shown me how much I enjoy android as apposed to WM. now WM7 is a bomb---just a total and complete failure of Microsoft...I love saying that I can drop android on my windows mobile phone----but everyone asks "what is a windows phone????" Microsoft is done with mobile...they will never have a market share again. Go android\
\
EDIT: sorry, but caching 50 free mem will not work with android...if you wish to not cache anything, and run ..... I'm at a loss, something other than a Microsoft explicit program .....well ....You make your own decision

Last edited by ffkip911; 03-23-2011 at 02:11 AM.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffkip911 View Post
bottom line---what is free mem looking like?????? android caches EVERYTHING. my wife has 350 free mem on her EVO. trying to compete with 50 free mem on a tp2 is not going to work. open up free mem and we can do something with tp2---otherwise, this is a loosing battle. I love that ya'll are working on this....but there is no way a tp2 can run this...look at the code, look at what it does to all programs........cache......and the tp2 does not have it. this has shown me how much I enjoy android as apposed to WM. now WM7 is a bomb---just a total and complete failure of Microsoft...I love saying that I can drop android on my windows mobile phone----but everyone asks "what is a windows phone????" Microsoft is done with mobile...they will never have a market share again. Go android\
\
EDIT: sorry, but caching 50 free mem will not work with android...if you wish to not cache anything, and run ..... I'm at a loss, something other than a Microsoft explicit program .....well ....You make your own decision
bro you are getting way ahead of yourself. I suggest you wait until this is more mature and then decide if you want to use it. This is a dev thread man and i cant stand these posts. At least post some code for improvements lol , but not just waste space. So i'm not sure who is putting a gun to your head to use this, but im pretty sure there are no bullets in the gun ..
Old 03-23-2011, 03:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffkip911 View Post
\
I know there's probably a language barrier thing going on here, but your post makes no sense. We have roughly 50 MB of free memory once loaded into Android. Yes, it is low for the phones on the market, but it was pretty on par 2 years ago when our phone was released. Cache has an different purpose, so not sure what the point you were getting at there.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2 CDMA XV6875 (RHOD500) - O2 XDA IIs
Carrier: VN Mobifone (GSM, 3G)

tiger2wander is keeping up the good worktiger2wander is keeping up the good work

@ffkip911: with 50MB of free RAM we can do so much things or if u want more u can make a swap loop partition in /sdcard.

I've just installed a fresh one 2011/03/22 and there is status on my phone :P
- Working: Auto backlight, keyboard (included led), fast Wifi, fast GPS, Performance look good with quick switch between applications, install app or update apps. I was use a small script to install all apks in backup folder:
Code:
for i in *.apk; do pm install $i; done
Some of them failed but almost installed and can run well.
I have copy some utils to /system/bin to help debug: bash, nano, rsync, busybox (already in /recovery) and 'w' command I made to check system load when do some test.
- Not work: Youtube, bluetooth and other things not tested yet

The annoying thing is: its very hard to enter recovery mode, I was tried to press & hold VOL UP when init script prompt, before & after that time all failed. Is there anyway to make it more easier? I think it can be done with shell trap, don't now if it can work in init environment. I'll try if have more free time.

--
Best regard!
Uoc Nguyen
Old 03-23-2011, 04:11 AM
VIP Member

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger2wander View Post
The annoying thing is: its very hard to enter recovery mode, I was tried to press & hold VOL UP when init script prompt, before & after that time all failed. Is there anyway to make it more easier? I think it can be done with shell trap, don't now if it can work in init environment. I'll try if have more free time.

--
Best regard!
Uoc Nguyen
Sounds like you are running the old build. This was fixed yest. Sorry for so many changes ..lol
Old 03-23-2011, 04:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

tiger2wander is keeping up the good worktiger2wander is keeping up the good work

Just pull all repo and see only update about sdcard on bootenv, did u push it yet?
Old 03-23-2011, 07:20 AM
Flashaholic!
Pocket PC: Vogue->(TP2/Incredible 2/ThunderBolt)
Carrier: Verizon

Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP

Quote:
@ffkip911: with 50MB of free RAM we can do so much things or if u want more u can make a swap loop partition in /sdcard.

I've just installed a fresh one 2011/03/22 and there is status on my phone :P
- Working: Auto backlight, keyboard (included led), fast Wifi, fast GPS, Performance look good with quick switch between applications, install app or update apps. I was use a small script to install all apks in backup folder:
Code:
for i in *.apk; do pm install $i; done
Some of them failed but almost installed and can run well.
I have copy some utils to /system/bin to help debug: bash, nano, rsync, busybox (already in /recovery) and 'w' command I made to check system load when do some test.
- Not work: Youtube, bluetooth and other things not tested yet

--
Best regard!
Uoc Nguyen

TO ALL: BEST way to get into Recovery mode is to hold the Center of the screen during boot...
Old 03-23-2011, 07:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Thanks, going to try now

Here is my dmesg after insert SIM Card while on Android with USB cable plugged in, radio can not done its job and back to boot animation screen after a minute.

EDIT1: After 3rd time back to boot animation it has not crash anymore, I can see the signal up to 3-4 column but don't see the Operator Name
Can search network in Settings, register but still have not Operator name.

EDIT2: Re-attached dmesg after 30 minutes from last edit working around settings, toggle air-plain mode, search network, manual select network, switch to auto select network. Still can not register correct network.
Attached Files
File Type: zip dmesg.txt.zip (15.9 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by tiger2wander; 03-23-2011 at 08:24 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:01 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Just pull all repo and see only update about sdcard on bootenv, did u push it yet?
yup thats the one. strange, others reported an improvement in recognition after that. But ur rolling ur own so you need to see if everything is ok.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development