PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Android Tablets

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2012, 09:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

b4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to b4u2
ASUS Transformer Prime

I'm thinking of buying one of these. Any opinions or thoughts on them?
Old 02-14-2012, 02:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/6.5.27452/27.1169; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/11.10)

Have you held one yet? I didn't like the sharp radius of the corners.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

b4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: ASUS Transformer Prime

No one local has one in stock. I like the fact that it has built in SD card slot and hdmi out. Plus the processor speed.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

DreadfullyDespized is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to DreadfullyDespized Send a message via AIM to DreadfullyDespized Send a message via MSN to DreadfullyDespized Send a message via Yahoo to DreadfullyDespized

I recently picked one up 2 days ago along with the docking keyboard. 520$ for the tablet 140$ for the docking keyboard.. I am really happy with it not only as a tablet but also as my laptop replacement. Since I gave my laptop to my mom. Battery life is also very nice.

Only downfalls I found are the following.
1. USB does not charge the device due to not having 12V.
2. Docking keyboard isn't bluetooth... Only works with this ONE device.
3. No switchback keyboard button on the dock (has everything but that).

Other then those mentioned above I am very happy with it. Especially being my first tablet.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I finally found one at Staples 30 miles away. I drove down last night and got it. So far very happy with it. Grabbed all my apps and downloaded right away. Downloaded updates right away. I'm no expert trster but so far does what I want it to do. My only dislike is that in portrait mode the prime is longer than what I would like but I can live with it.

Sent from my PG86100 using PPCGeeks
Old 04-19-2012, 02:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: DROID RAZR

CPUwalkin is just getting started

We bought a TF 201 over the weekend - with Polaris suite and a 32GB microSD the only item remaining is the USB adapter to make file transfers via thumb drive simple. No need for the keyboard/dock as yet. Outstanding graphics, and Kaspersky tablet has already nailed a fre game as being a trojan virus!
I do wish the aluminum back was hard anodized - other than that, it's a wonderful intermediary between an overclocked laptop and a smartphone, especially since my 50's are running out soon (how did I end up a grandmother so fast!?).
The dongle is en-route, so we'll see how that opens up wifi -and with Ice Cream Sandwich coming reasonably soon OTA for the Rezound to take care of some reported hotspot issues, the complete package will be lovely and simple.

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Android Tablets