PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2 > Android On The HD2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2010, 12:07 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Glacier Sense ROM (mytouch HD)

This ROM is freaking AWESOME.

IMO better than teh Desire HD/Z roms right now, I love it, the faves thing on the bottom right, the awesome squares around the app.

Choose 5 or 7 home screens, and much much more, this ROM really is amazingly awesome.

get it HERE
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2

mgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Glacier Sense ROM (mytouch HD)

I've avoided his builds, mostly because he pops them out so fast it's a pain to keep up with what's going on...but last night i went with the Sense Warm build and i LOVE it, i'll give this Glacier build in a couple of days!
Old 10-19-2010, 03:25 PM
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgioia2 View Post
I've avoided his builds, mostly because he pops them out so fast it's a pain to keep up with what's going on...but last night i went with the Sense Warm build and i LOVE it, i'll give this Glacier build in a couple of days!
well he pops out different ROMs all the time, but they are always fast and stable.

This one just has cool new Sense features, like "themes" the lock screen slides down, like the whole screen, kinda like winphone7 and the myfaves thing on the bottom right is really cool too, It's a really neat Sense experience to play with and a very stable ROM
Old 10-19-2010, 03:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2

mgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Hey how do the MMS messages look when they come through for you? When i send/recieve with this build they're kind of fuzzy, i'll make the switch now if the MMS is clear like they're supposed to in that one.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:16 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Downloading now, We haven't got much info on the MyTouch HD at work yet but from what I have got it looks pretty good. Nice to have the software before the phone comes out!
Old 10-20-2010, 10:50 AM
lwrdrchvy2

So been running this for about 12 hours now and from the little I have messed with it I am already contemplating picking up the MyTouch HD went it releases. Tried the UMA calling but it doesn't work of course but that is a very convenient feature I miss from when I had a blackberry.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:50 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwrdrchvy2 View Post
So been running this for about 12 hours now and from the little I have messed with it I am already contemplating picking up the MyTouch HD went it releases. Tried the UMA calling but it doesn't work of course but that is a very convenient feature I miss from when I had a blackberry.
yeah this myTouch HD is pretty awesome, I'd rather stick with my HD2 though because I'd lose screen size and teh ability to run winmo or winpho7 (when/if cotulla actually makes it happen)

They will have this ROM on NAND boot soon with battery handled better so I'd rather just stick with the HD2
Old 10-24-2010, 02:08 AM
lwrdrchvy2

Very true. I got to mess around with the Mytouch HD and the HD7 on wednesday and was thoroughly impressed by both. I think both phones will sell like crazy when they release but for win mo users like us the windows 7 phones due have drawbacks. The biggest being there is no side loading of apps, only can install apps from the marketplace. I also am getting a galaxy S vibrant to be the advocate of it at my store (don't really like the phone but its free so why not).

When I had the mytouch HD I did run a benchmark and it was pulling about 1800-1825, definitely a very quick phone, where on this rom I am getting just above 1600.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:33 PM
Threadstarter

the fact that you're getting 1600 on a first release flawed ROM without the source-code even being released is pretty impressive.

trust me when the source code is out and we get better kernels you'll be benching a lot more than that.

I am thinking about getting an HD7 though, that phone looks so sweet, I wish I could get a chance to play with it like you do. Do we know when it's getting released on TmoUS?
Old 10-27-2010, 08:40 AM
lwrdrchvy2

Release date is November 8th so there isn't much time to wait!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2 > Android On The HD2