PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 07:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Slingplayer Mobile Running on EVO 4g!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akayareal View Post
I had sling player on my Palm Centro, then TP, and now TP2. This is a GREAT app and puts Sprint TV to shame.

For those who already have slingplayer on their mobile most likely wont have to pay for the Android version as long as you still have your slingbox key. When I went from Palm OS to WM I simply put in the same slingbox key and had no problems. Your licensing the mobile software and its not locked to any particular OS.

@Newguy, you have to catch the deals. I bought my Sling Solo back in early 08 and paid $134 brand new in the box from Buy.com when they were charging about $175 everywhere else. Check ebay or craigslist for deals cause like themuffinman has stated, you pay a one time upfront fee for the hardware and only pay extra if you want the mobile software (desktop version is free and now you can stream directly from the site).
I tend to think the opposite will be true. Going from WM to iPhone/iPod Touch requires you to pay the whole fee again because the app store is the sole means of distribution. Sling doesn't have the power to give free or discounted apps to certain individuals through Apple's model. I would think that they would also want to use Android's app store for distribution. Unless they were to make a separate apk available from their own site... possible, but seems unlikely since they'd need a separate copy protection mechanism.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc-6900

jones4765 is a n00b

I bought a Slingbox Pro-HD (the newest one) off CL a couple weeks ago for $150. What a steal
Old 05-27-2010, 07:37 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch

tool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269

hmm i wonder if Orb works?
Old 05-27-2010, 09:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO4g

srk468 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to srk468

Damn it, I never even knew about this app! Makes me even more pumped to get the phone now! Is there any real sense in getting the HD pro? It says it downgrades the video to your phone. Also I have an HDMI coming out of my digital cable box, will the component video out mess with my HDMI when I'm watching tv at home? Where is the best place to buy one from? Thanks for pointing this out, I'm cheesin just thinking about it!
Old 05-27-2010, 09:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dumbphone - Vogue - Touch Pro - Touch Pro 2 - Evo

Meanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

This is just beyond freakin awesome. Finally I can use Slingbox again. Never liked their software on WinMo.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT
Threadstarter

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedoig View Post
I tend to think the opposite will be true. Going from WM to iPhone/iPod Touch requires you to pay the whole fee again because the app store is the sole means of distribution. Sling doesn't have the power to give free or discounted apps to certain individuals through Apple's model. I would think that they would also want to use Android's app store for distribution. Unless they were to make a separate apk available from their own site... possible, but seems unlikely since they'd need a separate copy protection mechanism.
if the key for the winmo app works for the android app, there will be other means of getting the apk if it's only available through the market. And i don't have a problem with that because your key can only work on one device at a time. Instead of using it on my tp2, i'd be using it on an EVO.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

codeman05 is keeping up the good workcodeman05 is keeping up the good work

that is sick! I think I'm finally going to man up and get a slingbox
Old 05-27-2010, 10:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

dahray02 is keeping up the good workdahray02 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to dahray02 Send a message via Yahoo to dahray02

i have a slingbox...hopefully the app comes soon, i use it alot on my touch pro
Old 05-28-2010, 04:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Can't Touch This...PRO TOO!
Carrier: Sprint4Life

dbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good work

I read on the slingcommunity forum that their android app is going to require a Sling solo or Pro HD. The old Pro and A/V Player won't work. They were saying the processor in the old models can't hand the bitrate or some crap. IDK This is some B.S. but whateva. Hopefully just a rumor, but their notification sign up at their website adds doubt that it's a rumor. It asks which kind of sling box you have. PRO HD, Solo, or Older Slingbox. Everyone needs to go sign up and say they have an older slingbox so maybe they'll support it.

http://www.slingbox.com/get/android-signup
Call the Gas and Electric company up and ask for a free months use, Try the Water Company next and see if they give you a % off for working at Walmart or Boeing. Next time you go to Chevron tell the kid who has been there since 2am that you have been a long time customer and want to know where the free gas is and that you want some Ready Now Service too.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Can't Touch This...PRO TOO!
Carrier: Sprint4Life

dbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good work

Did anyone else notice they're using an aftermarket stand. What happened? Sprint's PREMIUM kickstand didn't work too well? Haha. Just though I'd point it out.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games